Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looks fun
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/26/2020 07:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/26/2020 07:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

No wind and a nice little tight period swell. Waist to chest in Cocoa Beach and breaking on the outside. The right sandbar makes all the difference.

-------------------------
I was right.
 11/27/2020 04:45 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

"The cold front early next week looks to be a pretty strong event. That means we need to watch for #surf in South Florida off this."
Mike Watson , Surfline

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/28/2020 05:10 PM

johnnyboy

Weiland agrees.
Going to be a bit chilly too.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/29/2020 02:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Not looking so good now for SoFla. This coming week...

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/29/2020 12:15 PM

Cole

I sure hope the next swell is better than this oddball thing we've had for the last few days.

I was right.
 11/30/2020 06:04 AM

Greensleeves

The buoys have only been telling part of the story. Better than zip tho. Skills retention program.
 11/30/2020 07:32 AM

grdsurf

Joined Forum: 09/28/2004

While this past run of surf was only OK it paid to look around. There were "rip bowls" everywhere(most were useless) . It seems that the surf was arguably better in Cocoa Beach than many regular spots to the south. I performed an extensive search from Patrick to CB streets looking for a possible good "rip bowl" setup. It paid off on Sunday morning where I enjoyed a "X marks the spot" peak to myself with a defined channel on the right. I used my longboard for the first time in quite a while and was on a 5 minute max wait between waves. Three others eventually noticed the setup and rotated through. It was best first thing in the morning 7:30ish with the higher tide. I seem to recall Paradise had a really good "rip bowl" setup a while back that lasted a week or so. On the other hand the TOD or "trough of death" seems to be in full effect at most spots. I guess the high tide inside/shore break is our compensation for the current issue with the outside sandbar.

Edited: 11/30/2020 at 08:33 AM by grdsurf
 11/30/2020 08:16 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Kiddie Pool seems to be the only spot with a decent bottom, if the swell can overcome the shadow
 11/30/2020 08:55 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I was stoked to see some variation in the bars. 10' deep holes and shin deep bars made for some unusually dumpy peaky surf. I saw the rip bowls mentioned above which is way cooler to me than the normal outside to inside dribble. First time seeing some little tubes in CFL in a while!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
FORUMS : Surfing : Looks fun

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .