Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Next up
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/30/2020 10:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/03/2020 05:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ncsurf

Joined Forum: 02/23/2011

Originally posted by: SurferMic ^^^ I respect your above image and comments...I guess it's splitting hairs ... AT the peak of strength, THE CENTER OF TROPICAL STORM OMAR WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 36.2 NORTH...LONGITUDE 67.4 WEST WITH MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS NEAR 35 KTS...40 MPH....***Notice the NEAR 35kTS*** (35 KTS is the lowest wind speed for a TS) and those winds are only in 2 Quadrants...There was no Hurricane Hunters , this was all Model data. I don't fully buy into the naming of Omar using model data and no observations/measurements. Questionable to say the least. They need to update the classification to sustained winds of 40 mph or greater around the entire center of circulation. Yeah like that will ever happen, Hype sells and profits Ins Co's...No subtropical storms should be included IMO, it's a regular summertime low that has a cold core upper level env, Anyways , hope the next one off Africa sends waves and no destruction
Actually 34kts is the threshold and it doesn't need to be in all parts of the storm. Also, the image posted by Plan B is observed winds, nothing model about it. But yeah, who cares about science, rant on!
 09/03/2020 05:08 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 09/03/2020 07:22 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

My regular home owners doesn't cover hurricanes, so why do more storms make my rates go up?

I already pay extra for storm and flood, but those rates are pretty constant.

As far as tropical storms, they are measured by a one minute sustained wind speed.

I was right.
 09/03/2020 08:13 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Good Catch ncsurf and Plan B! yeah science wins...figured someone would call me out for calling QuickScat a model (thanks for the image Plan B) .... I would like to see the reqs for X speed for a min of Y hours be increased before they announce a name, but I doubt that will happen..rant over

Edited: 09/03/2020 at 08:27 AM by SurferMic
 09/03/2020 08:22 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

My regular home owners doesn't cover hurricanes, so why do more storms make my rates go up?

I already pay extra for storm and flood, but those rates are pretty constant.

As far as tropical storms, they are measured by a one minute sustained wind speed.

Because you are lumped in with the rest of Florida's homeowners policies. If you don't have hurricane coverage (x-wind) how are you paying extra for "storm" coverage? Maybe PM me.
 09/20/2020 05:11 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

A spinning low forms over Lake Okeechobee and might form into Gamma once it reaches the gulf.

Yep, business as usual. lol

I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : Next up

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .