Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Mark Realty Days-1976-video
Topic Summary: Florida surf Museum
Created On: 07/27/2020 01:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/31/2020 10:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: Cole I was more referring to the boards of the era. Yes, they rode what they had well, but I would win this contest if you transported me back with my current quiver. I'm 52 and 11/12th's with an artificial hip.
I agree there are some good surfers who frequent this forum board. The days of booming talent coming out of Brevard or FL period has taken a deep dive. Why..? Popular demand forces them to strive for speed, spray and airs instead of unique individual style. Robotic surfing, everyone doing the same thing over and over and fans loving it. No style or love for the wave just using and abusing it. I enjoy Kelly's barrel time and rail to rail surfing but you notice he hardly throws air in competition because he knows how to actually surf. No one could touch the greats from the past, even if they transported back with their potato chip boards.
 07/31/2020 01:14 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The current top 44 would destroy the the original ISP guys. It's not even close.

Pro surfing in 1977.

-------------------------
I was right.
 08/09/2020 06:57 AM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

If Occy were a girl

Tom, not sure what videos you were looking at of Occy, but I found both his and Caroline's on similar sized waves and I have to say, she's a look-alike to his backhand.

Ask George D, he told me she rips Lower Trestles. This is an eyewitness report from a reputable surfer.

All I'm saying about the 70s videos is they are old, fuzzy, and tired.

I'm 60, still surfing and love watching these guys over the crappy single fins I grew up with.

Mr. Water Lizard, I'd be curious to know if you still surf, and where.

Talk is cheap.
 08/09/2020 07:04 AM

Cole

Occy or not, Caroline is one of my favorites. She is an incredible surfer.

I was right.
 08/09/2020 09:29 AM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Randy , I just got done reading the Sunday paper and there are Two photos of Caroline surfing backside and both photos do indeed look like a HUGE Occy influence . Go to Florida Today to see the photos and story . ( The video I was thinking of was : Pump --------- Mark just brutalizing J - Bay . ) Cole : RE : First Florida pro : Me , Kechele and Tommy Sharpe camped out right on the beach at Monster Hole for the entire event , which ran for like 4 or 5 days , very much a Rock Festival / Circus atmosphere .

Edited: 08/09/2020 at 09:45 AM by JOESTRUMMER
 08/09/2020 02:15 PM

Cole

Classic stuff Joe. I talked with Tommy not too long ago, what a classic dude.

I was right.
 08/09/2020 03:28 PM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER

Randy , I just got done reading the Sunday paper and there are Two photos of Caroline surfing backside and both photos do indeed look like a HUGE Occy influence . Go to Florida Today to see the photos and story . ( The video I was thinking of was : Pump --------- Mark just brutalizing J - Bay . ) Cole : RE : First Florida pro : Me , Kechele and Tommy Sharpe camped out right on the beach at Monster Hole for the entire event , which ran for like 4 or 5 days , very much a Rock Festival / Circus atmosphere .

That's the best way to put it, that a huge Occy influence for sure. Kind of like how aspects of Ke11y were like that of Tom Curren.

She just doesn't fall very often. She's a grinder and very powerful.

Caroline Marks
Occy
 08/10/2020 08:38 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: rc

If Occy were a girl

Tom, not sure what videos you were looking at of Occy, but I found both his and Caroline's on similar sized waves and I have to say, she's a look-alike to his backhand.

Ask George D, he told me she rips Lower Trestles. This is an eyewitness report from a reputable surfer.

All I'm saying about the 70s videos is they are old, fuzzy, and tired.

I'm 60, still surfing and love watching these guys over the crappy single fins I grew up with.

Mr. Water Lizard, I'd be curious to know if you still surf, and where.

Talk is cheap.

Prolly 15 year ago, I ran into GL at The Surf Station in St Auggie. He and Tory and I were talking story and catching up when Tory pulled out a "retro" CI single fin and asked what we thought about it.

GL just say's "the damn things didn't work back then and they don't work now" .... I figured he ought to know!!

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 08/10/2020 at 08:38 PM by LBLarry
FORUMS : Surfing : Mark Realty Days-1976-video

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .