Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sahara dust has reached PR
Topic Summary: It's a record breaker
Created On: 06/22/2020 08:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/22/2020 08:46 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Washington Post Weather Gang has a good story, but a paywall.
    "In Antigua, as well as in Puerto Rico, the ground effects of the plume are plainly evident: The sky appears milky white, with limited visibility at ground level.
    Visibility dropped to three miles at the St. Croix airport in the U.S. Virgin Islands and five miles in San Juan in response to dust caught up closer to the surface. That's unusual, since dust associated with SAL plumes typically reside higher in the atmosphere, where it doesn't interfere with surface visibility as much."
    Twitter photos and videos from PR are striking. It's a gray-out. Air quality bad.
 06/23/2020 12:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurferSince1965

Joined Forum: 05/29/2015

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2020-06-21-saharan-dust-sal-caribbean-gulf-of-mexico-us-forecast

-------------------------

JMA

06/23/2020 02:47 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

06/23/2020 05:32 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Amazing event...I am over Hurricanes even though I love to chase the waves, storm suppression formation is OK with me...the storm prep and rebuild is just WORK, I got Arthur and Cristobal already; the shortboard is stowed away for now (I am OK with that)...On another note I wonder how this is going to affect digital signals like "free" TV stations I am getting from The Land of The Rat...Guessing reception is about to go "bad"...wait and see...on a positive side , I'll be heading to the river for sunsets which should be epic.

Edited: 06/23/2020 at 05:36 AM by SurferMic
 06/23/2020 05:35 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

.I am over Hurricanes even though I love to chase the waves

Can I get an amen!

I'll take the allergies and epic sunsets.

I was right.
 06/24/2020 03:29 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: SurferMic Amazing event...I am over Hurricanes even though I love to chase the waves, storm suppression formation is OK with me...the storm prep and rebuild is just WORK, I got Arthur and Cristobal already; the shortboard is stowed away for now (I am OK with that)...On another note I wonder how this is going to affect digital signals like "free" TV stations I am getting from The Land of The Rat...Guessing reception is about to go "bad"...wait and see...on a positive side , I'll be heading to the river for sunsets which should be epic.
Yeah, it's funny how a few fuctup seasons changed our view points..... I wouldnt mind a 2010 repeat though..... or 95, or 96 (although the Peeps in NC prob dont want one of those again). I got a fatty 5-7 fish a year and a half ago, and its been a serious motivation booster. I have fun on The LB but it gets old quick, especially if the period is under 10secs.
 06/25/2020 03:39 PM

Joined Forum: 01/26/2005

I was hoping it would dry out the skies for a week or so. Trying to get the roof membrane redone on my place! Some really wild pics from there and VI lately.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .