Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: TS Cristobal on West Florida Gulf vids
Topic Summary: There were moments
Created On: 06/18/2020 11:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/18/2020 11:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Jams

Joined Forum: 05/21/2014

If you wanna see a lot more photo pages from West Fla Cristobal swell check out venicejetty.com The swell was fun, had its moments, super crowded, windy, cleaned up a few times.

Edited: 06/24/2020 at 04:14 PM by Jams
 06/18/2020 02:03 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

cool vids. Some good surfing on some of the rides.
 06/18/2020 02:26 PM

johnnyboy

I never thought I would see a surfer getting snaked by a helmeted kayaker in the lineup. The wave looks like it might be fun if the 3 to 4 hundred people weren't trying for the same peak.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/19/2020 03:07 PM

Cole

Venice holds the record of the most times I've been run over in a single session. The place is a frickin hazard.

I was right.
 06/26/2020 12:23 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

^^^ Guess I'll speak up as I killed my orig Cristobal thread...Venice 1st stop .. right at dawn , try to show up in the dark...surf until it fills up and becomes a zoo, much like ST A. or First Peak used to be, you can get a good uncrowded session if you go EARLY...Next stop ...Capitva for smaller but better form and more relaxed line-up, finally back North to Anna Maria Island for afternoon session , jumping off the jetty into the line up, then end it with a beer at the Beach House just N. of the Twin Piers...only pic I'll share is the end of the trip shot, wind was on it by then, but still shortboarders making the best of it.

Edited: 06/27/2020 at 08:08 AM by SurferMic

IMG_0860[1].png
IMG_0860[1].png  (236 KB)
 06/29/2020 07:57 AM

UCF G

Joined Forum: 06/17/2004

Vimeo of Justin Quintal and Tosh Tudor

A nice little video that I saw pop up online from Cristobal.
 06/30/2020 06:24 PM

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

That fourth video is hilarious! The level of kookery is mind boggling.

I surfed Venice Jetties during the Beryl (1988) swell. I figured it was a perfect name for a surf producer, albeit misspelled. I was wrong. The best part about the trip was the $100 I made renting my board to a local kid for an hour. I almost felt bad about it. To be honest I probably would've straight up let him borrow my board, but he offered, and we had been driving all night from the east coast...don't worry karma has since repaid me many times over, I'm sure.

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"
 06/30/2020 09:01 PM

johnnyboy

Solid video UCF G. Crazy tubes for the extremely talented. That's the best video posted so far.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/08/2020 06:35 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: UCF G

Vimeo of Justin Quintal and Tosh Tudor

A nice little video that I saw pop up online from Cristobal.

I surfed with them during this session and it is very deceiving. It would rain for hours and only stop for about 30 mins at a time, saw two water spouts, the current was raging like 6knts and lots of the waves pinched, closed out, etc.

There were definitely some sick ones but very tricky and those guys really did a great job snagging some jems and making it look perfect!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 07/08/2020 07:11 AM

johnnyboy

Pictures can be more misleading than first hand summaries. I have been out on days where the wave is just like you described, raging current, pinched, terrible weather and at the end of the day I could count my waves on one hand. But then I see a picture of a guy perfectly slotted, sun shining and everyone who wasn't there is cursing all the reasons they had to pass. I looked at those videos and saw more of what you experienced. More good on occasion than good. Still though. Summer. West coast. Very talented guys making the most of difficult conditions.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .