Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Santa Teresa CR
Topic Summary: Some Questions
Created On: 04/23/2020 05:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/23/2020 05:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

It's been 15 years since I've been. Used to be, the road off the mountain into town, intersected at Franks Place. Keep going straight to Playa Carmen, left to Mal Pais/Cabo Blanco, right to Playa Hermosa. About 100 meters from where the road ends at the beach, there was a lava shelf that was uncovered at low tide. Is that still accessible? Where you make a right, a few meters past Franks, on the right, was some cabinas next to the ditch. It's right across the street from a gated home owned by a snooty gringo who came in the '60's. Used to be called Cabinas Andreas, owned by a German drunkard heir to Mercedes fortune named Andreas Schneider.
Up near Playa Hermosa, past where Zaneida's Lefts was, was a bunch of cabinas owned by Maruchu Ramirez.

Andreas gave me a house and Maruchu was building me a technical school. When I got home the last time, God decided I should never go back. While I was gone, my estranged son in law came sniffing around and my grandson was conceived(and born on the wife's birthday). After I returned, I was miserable at work and was just messing around with the idea of working for myself. Within a month, I was my own boss.

Question is, anyone know if these people and places are still there?
 04/23/2020 05:47 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

wow now thats a story
 04/24/2020 05:07 AM

SlimyBritches

This is the tidal pool. Full of critters. Once we saw, what I thought was, a yellow eel. When we got home and googled it, it was a yellow bellied sea snake.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1...bum-72157632098981978/
 04/24/2020 05:23 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches there was a lava shelf that was uncovered at low tide. Is that still accessible?
it was 8 years ago. that doesnt help much though, heh
 04/24/2020 08:21 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I go every year and have for decades. I have seen Santa Teresa get bigger but not big. There are four super mercados, the crossroads at the entrance is now the center of a commercial district with three surf shops, a pharmacy, trinket shops, a fish market restaurant, pharmacy, bank, three atv rentals, some bars, restaurants and mechanics. The town is busy. The locals seemed to remain connected as a core from my outsiders perspective but there has been an influx of some big money. Tom Brady and Giselle live there now. They hang out at roca mar and have nurtured the growth of vegan and cleanse places. Prana Mar is a beautiful $350 a night yoga hotel that will host many Hollywood celebrities like Chelsea Handler. Florablanca has expanded and is still, in its essence, the best high end place. There are many new places to stay and many old ones. The expansion has now seen a sizable hotel in malpais where it looks too big to fail. The German that I know is building and collecting land is named ingo. He is married to a Brazilian woman. Not sure if he's old enough to be your guy but he seems extremely well financed. Progress has touched the place but they still get all their water from rain, they still have mostly above ground septic tanks that work very well, they still recycle everything like it's a religion and the town vibe is pleasantly stoned with a side of fitness. Most people surf but are not in any rush and I didn't see any televisions anywhere except the one bar right at the crossroads. Hermosa is now a full fledged neighborhood with a big school. Their big season are our cold months and summers are way chill.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/24/2020 08:43 AM

SlimyBritches

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

there was a lava shelf that was uncovered at low tide. Is that still accessible?

it was 8 years ago. that doesnt help much though, heh

Actually 17 years, or more, ago. 8 years ago was when I put in on fliker. I'm sure the pool is still there. Whether it's accessible or not depends if the CR "law" about 50 meters from high water is public domain, is still valid.
 04/24/2020 08:46 AM

SlimyBritches

This is the German guy during one of his lucid episodes.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1...bum-72157632098981978/
FORUMS : Surfing : Santa Teresa CR

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .