Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pro surfer Evan Geiselman enjoys a life of golf and hitting the beach
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/29/2020 05:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/29/2020 05:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Pro surfer Evan Geiselman enjoys a life of golf and hitting the beach
Max Adler
Golf DigestMarch 29, 2020, 7:00 AM EDT

Evan Geiselman is on the surfer's equivalent of the Korn Ferry Tour. He's spent the past three seasons grazing the edge but not quite dropping into the World Surf League, where you get the ultimate prize money, endorsements and glory.

That dream nearly ended in 2015, when a barrel on Oahu's famous Banzai Pipeline brought down Geiselman, snapping his leash and slamming him unconscious into unforgiving coral. If not for the immediate and brave rescue by a fellow surfer, Andre Botha, he wouldn't have lived. "It gave me a better understanding of what to be grateful for," Geiselman says. "To appreciate my family, my friends, my girlfriend every day."
Part of that renewed love of life involves playing more golf - which pairs nicely with the surfer's life of traveling to sunny coastlines around the globe. When Geiselman is home in New Smyrna Beach, Fla., he's a regular at the town's Donald Ross-designed muny, where the skins games draw more than a few mini-tour players. "I'm usually donating," he says, "but it's fun to try to make a birdie and steal a skin."

Geiselman, 26, got into golf eight years ago, when his sponsor invited him to ride along in a cart and take some swings. "It captured me right away, how it humbled me in ways I'd never imagined," he says. Now he's a dangerous 5-handicap who shot 73 in his first rattle-bottom event, the annual Iron and Sand, which combines golf and surfing. "Didn't win the overall but walked away with $2,500 cash, which was nice."

Geiselman, who counts Rickie Fowler and Sam Ryder as golf buddies, feels the game "is just the total opposite of the surfing lifestyle - which has a lot of degenerates. The dignity and classiness, I find refreshing. . . . Don't get me wrong, surfing is my love and passion, but golf's not far behind."

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 04/01/2020 05:13 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

rough life

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

04/01/2020 05:56 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Pro athletes in any sport need to have a back up profession for when they can no longer compete on the pro level. Unless you're Kelly's level of course. There is alot of life to live after 30.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

04/01/2020 09:56 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Golf has plenty of degenerates, they just dress nicer.

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .