Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Remain in MX Policy
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/15/2021 07:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Remain in MX Policy   - wtf - 10/15/2021 07:18 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - Cole - 10/15/2021 07:24 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - RustyTruck - 10/15/2021 07:31 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - wtf - 10/15/2021 09:55 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - dingpatch - 10/15/2021 10:29 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - surfsail - 10/15/2021 10:47 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - wtf - 10/15/2021 11:22 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - RustyTruck - 10/15/2021 10:59 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - wtf - 10/15/2021 11:23 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - Sniper - 10/15/2021 11:53 AM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - surfsail - 10/15/2021 12:33 PM  
 Remain in MX Policy   - Greensleeves - 10/15/2021 11:37 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/15/2021 07:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Biden to reinstate trump's policy fully. I have no issue with that - one of the very few things I agreed with. Let's now see how the dotards on the rightie news networks spin this because ya know, if trump does it = good but if a D does it = bad.

-------------------------
QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/15/2021 07:24 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I disagree with it. The Refugee Act of 1980 grants people the right to seek asylum as they enter the US.

I was right.
 10/15/2021 07:31 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

I disagree with it. The Refugee Act of 1980 grants people the right to seek asylum as they enter the US.

+1

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/15/2021 09:55 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Cole

+1

Under other circumstances I may agree, but I think some of this needs to be looked at. Times change and some of these laws need to be revisited and updated.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/15/2021 10:29 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Close the borders.

Let the rest of the world deal with it for awhile.

Dora Hates You
 10/15/2021 10:47 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

While I may agree with the refugee immigration policy in general, seems like 'back in the good old days' when it was written people got in line, in their country of origin, and waited their turn until called.. Needs to be updated to say the least.. Let them stay in the country (usually Mexico) that let them in at their expense - not ours..

Nowadays the rule seems to be sneak in illegally by whatever means necessary and expect to be in the front of the line...

While many people are in shitty situations claiming "political asylum" - Yes, some/many situations have to do with the "unintended (?) consequences" / "blowback" of our often times fucked 'foreign policies' taking advantage using crooked politicans abroard - only looking out for their own interests ...

Seems like all of a sudden they are magically appearing in droves at our borders - getting some assistance "by others" who do not have our best interests at heart..

This also applies to when we get help from 'locals' helping us fight our too often illegal and immoral wars abroard.. "nationbuilding" - all in the interests of capatalism - usually involving oil and natural resources - and sometimes even cheap labor... We need to stop this BS yesterday - not tomorrow.. Let the companies fund these 'wars' themselves - not us taxpayers..

This seems like a lot recently is via central america.. We need to put some blatently "intended consequences' on those countries either allowing this behaviour, or turning a blind eye to these practices - especially the politicans over there.. Let them feel the 'pinch' personally..

Does not seem to be fair to those waiting in line & doing it through legal channels... Also the end result is that it's fucking with the 'quotas' of qualified people who we really want immigrating here...

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 10/15/2021 at 10:56 AM by surfsail

10/15/2021 11:22 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: surfsail

While I may agree with the refugee immigration policy in general, seems like 'back in the good old days' when it was written people got in line, in their country of origin, and waited their turn until called.. Needs to be updated to say the least.. Let them stay in the country (usually Mexico) that let them in at their expense - not ours..

Nowadays the rule seems to be sneak in illegally by whatever means necessary and expect to be in the front of the line...

While many people are in shitty situations claiming "political asylum" - Yes, some/many situations have to do with the "unintended (?) consequences" / "blowback" of our often times fucked 'foreign policies' taking advantage using crooked politicans abroard - only looking out for their own interests ...

Seems like all of a sudden they are magically appearing in droves at our borders - getting some assistance "by others" who do not have our best interests at heart..

This also applies to when we get help from 'locals' helping us fight our too often illegal and immoral wars abroard.. "nationbuilding" - all in the interests of capatalism - usually involving oil and natural resources - and sometimes even cheap labor... We need to stop this BS yesterday - not tomorrow.. Let the companies fund these 'wars' themselves - not us taxpayers..

This seems like a lot recently is via central america.. We need to put some blatently "intended consequences' on those countries either allowing this behaviour, or turning a blind eye to these practices - especially the politicans over there.. Let them feel the 'pinch' personally..

Does not seem to be fair to those waiting in line & doing it through legal channels...
Also the end result is that it's fucking with the 'quotas' of qualified people who we really want immigrating here...

Whilst getting in a surf earlier today, which was fun btw, I actually had thoughts along this. Simply put is there is a line, and people need to wait in it.

I don't see this as denying entry/asylum. I see it that unfortunately waiting in line, sometimes for long periods, is part of the process. And I prefer they wait on the other side, esp. in this current climate we are in.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/15/2021 10:59 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The immigration problem is like the drug problem - they both come into the country to satisfy the demands of Americans. People come here because they can find work, and American business loves cheap labor. Especially cheap labor that can't complain about conditions, or go to court when they are underpaid, or worse yet when they are abused.

Look no further than Tallahassee where the tough talking anti-immigrant governor puts in exemptions for the agriculture industry when passing laws that employees must have legal status. The fact is the pugs love illegal immigrants when fruit needs picked, a roof needs replaced, the grass needs mowed, or the house needs cleaned. But they'll talk a good game to the local rednecks about getting rid of the "illegals". It's all bullshit.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/15/2021 11:23 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

The immigration problem is like the drug problem - they both come into the country to satisfy the demands of Americans. People come here because they can find work, and American business loves cheap labor. Especially cheap labor that can't complain about conditions, or go to court when they are underpaid, or worse yet when they are abused.

Look no further than Tallahassee where the tough talking anti-immigrant governor puts in exemptions for the agriculture industry when passing laws that employees must have legal status. The fact is the pugs love illegal immigrants when fruit needs picked, a roof needs replaced, the grass needs mowed, or the house needs cleaned. But they'll talk a good game to the local rednecks about getting rid of the "illegals". It's all bullshit.

This is not untrue...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 10/15/2021 11:53 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Only took them 10 months to realize that they royally fucked up? At least he recognized it at all. I guess this is as close to an apology as Trump will ever get from these fools.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/15/2021 12:33 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Agree w/ RT that access to cheap & desperate labor is the biggest part of the problem.. Also one of the main reasons that the gop are anti abortion - fuck the lame ass 'life' excuses.. Capitalism requires cheap labor that comes with all desperate situations... Definitly applies to mainly agricultural workers, but also construction etc.. Have to say that the immigrants are typically hard workers - but there is a language issue understanding / explaining what needs to be done..

Feel for them but it does not help to be fueled by big business capitalism gone crazy & crooked politicians over here on the take.

Just came from lilly white northern MI - they can't find workers to work in Micky D's or in any food service for that matter, etc for 18$ an hour.. Tips for servers working a 4 hour shift are in the $200 range for a terrible night - $300+ more normal - and that's not in high end restaurants..

Owners are feeling the pinch with consumers now eating more at home - not wanting to pay for shitty food, long waits and bad service..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 10/15/2021 at 05:50 PM by surfsail

10/15/2021 11:37 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Doy
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .