Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Entry Level Home Made SUP Foil Board & Naish XL 2019
Topic Summary: Heavy, Hand Made, Ridden Hard, Put Up Wet
Created On: 07/17/2021 12:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Entry Level Home Made SUP Foil Board & Naish XL 2019   - Captain Obvious - 07/17/2021 12:50 PM  
 Entry Level Home Made SUP Foil Board & Naish XL 2019   - facesurg - 08/11/2021 08:48 AM  
 Entry Level Home Made SUP Foil Board & Naish XL 2019   - Captain Obvious - 08/13/2021 09:00 AM  
 Entry Level Home Made SUP Foil Board & Naish XL 2019   - Captain Obvious - 08/17/2021 02:14 PM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/17/2021 12:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Captain Obvious

Joined Forum: 09/19/2005

This was a 12' SUP I cut down a few years ago and converted to a SUP foil board. First time shaping, plenty of mistakes, heavy as hell. BUT, it works.

I started using this in mushy waves and learned to foil, would be ideal behind a boat first but if you can SUP surf, learning at an uncrowded break is how I did it. Was also a great way to learn to wing foil. With the weight, count on 18mph plus wind for a proper session. With good wind, it was a lot of fun until I progressed to a smaller shape and upgraded foil.

Too many dings and repairs to list but if you are wanting to learn, this is a cheap way in.

SUP paddle though the leash and another loop up front is how the board is carried. I started winging more lately and wish I would have put a bottom handle in. I usually just carry it to the water's edge then wrestle it into the water through the shore break for everyone's entertainment.

Here's a clip of it in conversion / riding. HERE Can't sort out current pics but if interested, let me know and I'll text them over.

$700 firm for board, NAISH XL 2019 foil, 75cm & 55cm aluminum masts. Package deal, not interested in separating.

Located in Jupiter

-------------------------
A horse walks in to a bar. Bartender says "Why the long face?"
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .