Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Samson's Island (SB), 1000 Islands (CB), and Honeymoon Lake (MI)
Topic Summary: Boating, fishing, camping info
Created On: 11/20/2020 03:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/20/2020 03:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Wondering about mainly Samson's and, to an extent the 1000's:
Are there any "beachable" areas on the islands at either place? On Samson's, Google Earth and BCPAO show two docks (east and south sides) where you can tie a boat up, but I'm wondering if there's anyplace besides those docks where you can go ashore with dry feet and not have to climb thru mangrove.

I was thinking of boating/kayaking in somewhere and pitching a tent when the weather cools off. You can get a pass from the City (SatBch) for Samson's. Is camping even allowed anywhere in the 1000's?

At Samson's, are any of those cuts you can see from the satellite view passable from one end to the other in a canoe or kayak? How deep in general are those cuts, and also the ponds? Any fish worth catching in them?

But also about Honeymoon Lake (Merritt Island)
How deep and wide is that channel between Indian River and the lake?

I've seen photos of a No Trespassing sign on the IRL side of that channel, but not sure how hardcore enforcement is, or if the sign is even legal. Would residents get bitchy about someone kayaking or fishing from a small boat in "their" lake?

Property Appraiser's office shows property lines extending all the way across the lake, from eastern edge behind homes all the way to the Indian river Shoreline, which would suggest the No Trespassing sign is legit.

Of course, that also implies one person owns the channel, and anyone else (other lakefront residents) crossing lines in the water to get there would also be trespassing.

Thanks in advance!

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .