Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 'Woke' NYC school curriculum prompts dad to move daughter to Florida
Topic Summary: Kids 'don’t need to feel bad about the color of their skin,'
Created On: 05/05/2021 06:27 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/05/2021 06:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

'Woke' NYC school curriculum prompts dad to move daughter to Florida
Kids 'don't need to feel bad about the color of their skin,' Harvey Goldman says
Talia Kaplan

Parent pulls daughter out of NYC private school over race-related curriculum, moves to Florida
Harvey Goldman says he pulled his 9-year-old daughter out of a Manhattan private school saying, 'little children don't need to feel bad about the color of their skin.'

A fed-up father told "Fox & Friends First" on Monday that he pulled his 9-year-old daughter out of a New York City private school over the race-related curriculum and moved to Florida.

"Little children don't need to feel bad about the color of their skin," Harvey Goldman said. "That's what they're teaching them, to feel bad about who they are."

"Schools are supposed to be teaching you confidence," he continued, adding that most parents are teachers are "scared to say something."

He pointed out that the Heschel School in Manhattan was "teaching these young children about having white privilege" and "the murder of George Floyd," which he noted "wasn't an established murder" at that point.

Goldman also said that the school, which reportedly costs $43,000 a year, was teaching students about Black Lives Matter, which he said he believes is "Marxist and destructive."

"I heard about it because I read one of their newsletters that came out," Goldman said. "There was a little blurb about changing the curriculum and I questioned it."

In a letter sent the Heschel School in September Goldman wrote, "First and foremost, neither I, nor my child, have 'white privilege,' nor do we need to apologize for it."

"Suggesting I do is insulting," he went on to write. "Suggesting to my 9-year-old child she does is child abuse, not education."

Goldman reportedly said that in response to his letter, Heschel administrators suggested he take his daughter out of the school and he did.

Goldman then moved to Florida and enrolled his daughter in a public school that he made sure did not include critical race theory (CRT) in the curriculum, The New York Post reported, noting that "CRT is a controversial prescription for addressing racial issues centered around the idea of 'white privilege,'" which "originated in universities and has spread to K-12 schools - both public and private."

"We are a Jewish day school and very proud of our secular and religious curriculum, which Mr. Goldman is fundamentally misrepresenting," a statement from the Heschel School said. "His family informed us last summer that they would likely relocate to Florida for financial reasons. We were surprised to read about his new explanation for the move and question his motives for making such statements at this time."

Reacting to the statement Goldman acknowledged that his family had planned to move to Florida at the end of the school year, butstressed that he wrote the letter to Heschel administrators in September when he learned about the curriculum and "was not happy about it."

He said he reached his breaking point when he "reached out to the school and they basically told me, 'Listen, we're going to be teaching your children this and there is nothing you can do about it.'"

The New York Post reported that Goldman had joined the "underground network of parents" in New York City and across the country who are "fighting what they believe is the undue focus on race by schools as part of the new 'woke' culture."

Another New York City father, who pulled his daughter out of The Brearley School after seven years, faced an onslaught of media attention in recent days since sending former New York Times editor Bari Weiss a scathing letter addressed to Brearley parents, saying the $54,000-a-year institution's "obsession with race must stop." He also criticized the school's "antiracism initiatives" as divisive.

Andrew Gutmann said his daughter "recognized" the K-12, all-girls private academy was "trying to make her feel guilty" about her "skin color."

Social media posters applauded Gutmann's letter and passion, even as Brearley Head of School Jane Fried doubled down on its position. Fried said students were "frightened and intimidated" by the fact that the letter was sent to their homes.

Further, Fried said Gutmann's letter "failed both in content and delivery" to "engage ... with respect for one another."

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/05/2021 06:32 AM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Another racist and bigot recently relocated from New York to Florida: T'rump.

05/05/2021 07:40 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: follydude Another racist and bigot recently relocated from New York to Florida: T'rump.
You are one to talk, given that you live in a state with a racist senator, Tim Scott. in any event, I am afraid that we will get a lot more of this type of transplant. No sane parent with money would put up with what these schools are trying to shove down kids' throats. If something like this would have happened to my son, I would have stormed the gates, horned helmut and all.

I :heart; Q
 05/05/2021 07:42 AM

Fish Killer

'little children don't need to feel bad about the color of their skin.'

...and ANYONE making them feel that way OR thinking this is OK.... is a fucking RACIST!

FACT!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 05/05/2021 at 07:43 AM by Fish Killer
 05/05/2021 09:18 AM

follydude

Lying racist bigots always play the victim.

Tim Scott (R-SC) is no exception.

But, your newest Floridiot not only is shedding crocodile tears on Faux Entertainment but he's one of those Jews who is willing to throw his own kid under the bus to get a good deal, in this case, income tax relief the Sunshine State offers.

The (private) school says,

His family informed us last summer that they would likely relocate to Florida for financial reasons. We were surprised to read about his new explanation for the move and question his motives for making such statements at this time.

So there you have it.

All smoke & mirrors.

Edited: 05/05/2021 at 09:20 AM by follydude
 05/05/2021 09:48 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I was in the gym (yes qotards you are soft weaklings) and saw Faux "news". So the ignorant faux reporters have a war on against the term "woke".

Hey dumb a$$ qotards on this forum, is being against educated decision your core value?
 05/05/2021 09:51 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: follydude

Lying racist bigots always play the victim.

Tim Scott (R-SC) is no exception.

But, your newest Floridiot not only is shedding crocodile tears on Faux Entertainment but he's one of those Jews who is willing to throw his own kid under the bus to get a good deal, in this case, income tax relief the Sunshine State offers.

The (private) school says,

His family informed us last summer that they would likely relocate to Florida for financial reasons. We were surprised to read about his new explanation for the move and question his motives for making such statements at this time.

So there you have it.

All smoke & mirrors.

There is no 'Tim Scott' in my article so go blow your smoke and mirrors up your own ass!

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/05/2021 09:54 AM

Fish Killer

As for Goldman: "Reacting to the statement Goldman acknowledged that his family had planned to move to Florida at the end of the school year, but stressed that he wrote the letter to Heschel administrators in September when he learned about the curriculum and "was not happy about it."

He said he reached his breaking point when he "reached out to the school and they basically told me, 'Listen, we're going to be teaching your children this and there is nothing you can do about it.'"

The New York Post reported that Goldman had joined the "underground network of parents" in New York City and across the country who are "fighting what they believe is the undue focus on race by schools as part of the new 'woke' culture.""

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 05/05/2021 at 09:55 AM by Fish Killer
 05/05/2021 11:16 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Another dipshit northern tourist coming up with some usual feeble excuses to clog the works in florida....again.
Two of the worst mouthy moochers, aka the goober sisters, spew treasonous nonsense on here daily. Go home

It's a democratic hoax
 05/05/2021 12:55 PM

Fish Killer

"Little children don't need to feel bad about the color of their skin,"

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/05/2021 01:16 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

the $54,000-a-year institution's "obsession with race must stop." He also criticized the school's "antiracism initiatives" as divisive.
Andrew Gutmann said his daughter "recognized" the K-12, all-girls private academy was "trying to make her feel guilty" about her "skin color."

Herschel, which reportedly costs $43,000 a year, ..... Heschel administrators suggested he take his daughter out of the school and he did.

Ok, ok.. two things...
IF I was paying a school 43K or 54K per year for my kids education, I would damn well have input into the curriculum, and I would be at every school board meeting, I'd be haunting the place making sure I was getting $43 THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR worth of primary school education.
SO, the school just LOST $43K in revenue, People should vote with their wallets, If they lose enough students they will see the error of their ways....

This Jewish private school cost $43k and the The Brearley School all girls school with all women instructers $54K per fricken year,... Why would you or anybody, believe that the students there have Privilege? AND the administrators there have decided to teach Privilege politics to their all white all Jewish students when they the teachers are earning what can only be a Privileged Salary in those high tone schools?

05/05/2021 01:23 PM

tpapablo

You have to wonder what the politicians in these places are thinking. Do they sit around saying to each other: "well, we have made life about as miserable as we can for these dumb suckers, high costs, taxes and crime. Hell, we even have half the people out there pissing and shitting on the sidewalks. We shut down their businesses for a whole year. Is there anything else we can do to the dumbasses?" And then someone pops up with, "we could teach their kids in schools that they are worthless, little racists and white supremacists, instead of teaching them to read and do math." "Brilliant, let's do it." In earlier days, the people would have tarred and feathered these politicians, if not worse.

I :heart; Q
 05/05/2021 02:27 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

I give the whiny widdle noo yawkuh til about August,.....then:
"It's too hot! I hate it heah!" And of course:
"everything's bettuh up nawth!"
Take the goobie gomers with you.

It's a democratic hoax
 05/06/2021 02:58 AM

Greensleeves

The qotards latest talking points are... race related? DO you shitheads have anything to offer society? Anything? Beuller?
 05/06/2021 03:47 AM

Fish Killer

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/06/2021 04:18 AM

Greensleeves

qombshell? it's the same $Hit that QOP stooges have always whined about.

Hey Qish you extreme dope, does racism exist?
 05/06/2021 04:26 AM

follydude

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Conservitards were the ones bombing schools that integrated in the 1960's.

STFU.

05/06/2021 04:46 AM

Fish Killer

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/06/2021 04:51 AM

Cole

The little kids don't care. The parents do.

I was right.
 05/06/2021 05:42 AM

Fish Killer

Yes in fact they ARE being made to feel bad about the color of their skin!

It's a FACT!

^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .