Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Will we ever acheive 'herd immunity'? How much longer?
Topic Summary: With many refusing to take the vaccine, will we ever get back to 'life as usual'?
Created On: 04/19/2021 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2021 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Seems with so many refusing to get the jab we may never acheive the mythical thing called 'herd immunity'.. Regularly hearing of, and talking to, healthy fellow surfers that have got and were affected months after it - and more as the weeks go by - no 'slow down', only more frequent .. Also hearing from friends of friends of health younger people dying from it.. Still don't know anyone personally who died from it - I'm lucky I guess.. Jab #2 in 2 days.... More virulent strains are picking off younger people - true that most who get the cove 'live' through it, but the long term toll on your lung, and elsewhere, is nothing to make light of.. Would think that people who actually surf on here (some doubtful) would beleive being able to hold your breath is somewhat important - or maybe you retired into surfing ankle snappers at this point.... Clearly apparent that many of you are also not into the 'science' aspect of things, but just for kicks you should google the long term effects of cove - What if it's really like that? And the long term effects are not limited to the lungs.. In any case seems like 'herd immunity' is a lost myth talked about incessantly on faux et al, and that mandatory mask wearing is now a fact of life, as well as large crowded gatherings like concerts etc etc.. Many performers, and fans, will choose not have concerts etc.. What will this do to these venues? They to will eventually go the way of the mythical 'herd immunity'.. Those in certain circles - e.g. churches, political events etc - will continue going to crowded events refusing to wear masks etc and ignoring the science - and the virus will continue to morph into more virulent strains, and getting a new vaccine booster will be the order of the day - just like the annual flu virus vaccs - except this definitely isn't the flu as we were led to beleive ... Since when did the flu kill 1/2 mil + dead in year, not to mentions fucking up out bodies..?

-------------------------
There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 04/19/2021 07:34 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Seems with so many refusing to get the jab.

these are experimental drugs... You can't sue the manufacturer if you get sick from the vaccine.
I believe that the FDA has NOT approved these drugs...
I have also heard that it is illegal to require somebody to take experimental drugs.

So having said that,
How often will you be 'asked' to voluntarily take this experimental drug?
two shots for now, one more shot next fall, a shot or two or three for how many years to come???

What does the Science say about how often you have to take experimental drugs and for how long are you going to take them??
Oh, thats right, Science doesn't know those things...
How many people constitute herd immunity?
At one point it was %50, then they upped it to %70, then %90, now %97??
Science keeps moving the goal posts..
At one point people didn't need masks but needed to wash hands and keep 6ft of space,
then science changed and yes we needed masks, hand washing didn't matter because the virus didn't get transmitted that way, and if masked you only need 3ft of space...

But even when Science said three feet with masks, all the Karens screamed they needed six feet, masks, isolate in your homes, except when eating at a restaurant, because you can't transmit a sickness when eating...
So when the science changes with each press conference,
When germaphobes pick and choose which Science they are going to follow and which Science they are not going to follow.
When Science closes all schools for a year and a half but Florida Schools are open for a year of that time with no Problems.
Then don't blame people who refuse an experimental drug, that they have to keep taking for the foreseeable future, for NOT believing the science...

The worse one was when somebody started telling Americans,
'don't you want your freedoms back?'
'Don't you want to be able to meet at church'
'Or take a walk in Public?'
All you have to do is...
No, FUCK YOU, we don't have to earn our freedoms back, those are bought and paid for,
We the right minded people NEVER GAVE THEM UP when the karens locked down their minds.
We will not trade our freedoms for a lie, that an experimental drug, is the fix for covids, when those drugs they have already been proven as temporary and ineffective.

Your shit acceptance of Mandatory masks are a fact of life.
WHY if you have been vaccinated should you be mandated to wear a mask???
Because the vaccines don't work???
If they don't work the why take an experimental drug that the FDA has not approved??
Oh because you want your freedoms back...

Because you were stupid enough to allow your freedoms to be taken away doesn't mean everybodyelse has to take experimental drugs so that you feel like you can walk out in public or go to a restaurant.

Just because you doubt the 'veracity' of the politicians, Doesn't mean that they aren't trying to manipulate you by lying about the science.

04/19/2021 07:40 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

None of these vaccines are perfect. If J&J should be paused then all of them should be paused based on the data we currently have through the VAERS database.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/19/2021 08:03 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/19/2021 08:14 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Depends on the degree to which it mutates and the duration of our immunity. Still not a lot of instances where people are getting it twice. As long as that holds, there can be herd immunity. That said, it is going to be around for a long time. Generally, viruses that cause diseases in humans mutate in the less deadly direction. But stuff happens. Ultimately, we will adapt to it or it will wipe us out. If it goes the latter route, all the masks in the world won't save us.

I :heart; Q
 04/19/2021 08:28 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Where can I find this unbiased research on the Bill Gates micro chips in the vaccine?

I was right.
 04/19/2021 08:41 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Where can I find this unbiased research on the Bill Gates micro chips in the vaccine?
You tell us. Have never heard of that. Where, exactly, do you find your information? Probably should go elsewhere in any case. You current sources aren't doing you any favors.

I :heart; Q
 04/19/2021 08:41 AM

johnnyboy

Memes are the rights' heroin.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/19/2021 08:42 AM

Cole

What would be your best guess as to why Bill Gates is running from an angry crowd while carrying a medical kit?

You aren't a very good liar.

I was right.
 04/19/2021 08:46 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

They think scrolling through memes on Parler is "doing research" LOL

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/19/2021 10:14 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

What would be your best guess as to why Bill Gates is running from an angry crowd while carrying a medical kit?

You aren't a very good liar.

Nope...Gates isnt a 'doctor'.

Thats why the meme is hysterical.

It went way over your head.

MORON!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/19/2021 10:27 AM

surfsail

Thanks for proving my point.. I am fully aware that none of the vaccs have been 'approved', but I am also aware that the statistics on all of them have conclusively shown for preventing the cove - especially preventing getting real sick, or sick at all.. That girls & boys is called 'science''.. Anything else is purely political bullshit and misinformation, and will only prolong this BS - and all affected will just end up blaming the deniers who delayed us all getting back to 'normal'..
    Fine by me - I saw this BS coming a mile away and frankly would have been surprised by a different response..... I'm way past my partying days and the band's I typically listen to stopped giving concerts long ago..
    A well known respected local surfer/shaper (left unnamed) recently got the cove - the rest of his younger fam who didn't get the jab got it also, but the older ones that did get the jab (at least 1) - nada.. This is typical - not unusual.. Heard he's back at work but not sure if he is 100%.. Havent seen him, but noticed he was absent for a bit.
    Like I said, & based on the immediate expected & predictable responses from the rabble, it looks like we won't be returing to 'normal' for a very very long time.. Seems I heard a few days ago one of the vaccs (can't remember which) is not far off from getting full 'approval'...
    Any of you going to be lining up to get your jabs, or continue squealing like little girls? Waiting for new variants to develop? Are you all assuming that the cove is going to target the brown and black ones and effectively reduce the dem vote count down?
    Funny, even the orange one and his beau got his jab on the QT before they left the WH - even after he got the cove and therefore should be 'immune' - Why? Funny how he kept it on the QT.. Do as I say, or hint at - but not as I do..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...

Edited: 04/19/2021 at 10:29 AM by surfsail
 04/19/2021 10:44 AM

Sniper

Can people please stop referring to it as "the jab"? I guess a room full of marketing dipshits somewhere thought it might make it sound cool but they were wrong.

The answer is simple. Things will go back to normal when each of us decide it will. For some people that might be next week and for others it might be years.

The most vulnerable among us have had access to the vaccine. The vaccine is available to everyone else. And the virus has a 98% survival rate. Based on what we know today, you should have a pretty good idea as to what kind of risk factors you have and how dangerous this thing is for you. Make smart choices and live your life.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

04/19/2021 10:52 AM

surfsail

Does 'jook' sound any better? If you look at the J&J stats they are way better that taking chances with the cove.. 1/2 mil dead in ~350(?) mil population is not good odds.. Like 1 in 700? And we are just talking death, or getting fucked up healthwise.. The J&J chance of dying by a clot is literally less than 1 in a million overall, and less than 1 in half a million if you are female. WOW!!!! You are all def fucked!! I realise that as little girls you are all in a very high risk category... It's blatently obvious that none of you passed elementary school math, far less have a concept of statistics that these approvals would be based on - and don't understand the concept of 'probability' very well & also can't tell if the chances are bigger or smaller than taking the other 'option'.. Continue to prove my point please...

Edited: 04/19/2021 at 11:05 AM by surfsail
 04/19/2021 11:38 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: surfsail

Does 'jook' sound any better? If you look at the J&J stats they are way better that taking chances with the cove..
1/2 mil dead in ~350(?) mil population is not good odds.. Like 1 in 700? And we are just talking death, or getting fucked up healthwise..
The J&J chance of dying by a clot is literally less than 1 in a million overall, and less than 1 in half a million if you are female. WOW!!!! You are all def fucked!! I realise that as little girls you are all in a very high risk category... It's blatently obvious that none of you passed elementary school math, far less have a concept of statistics that these approvals would be based on - and don't understand the concept of 'probability' very well & also can't tell if the chances are bigger or smaller than taking the other 'option'..
Continue to prove my point please...

How about we call it a vaccine, like someone who isn't trying to look like the Steve Buscemi "How do you do, fellow kids?" meme.

No, I'm literally saying the opposite. We agree. You are twice as likely to be struck by lightning this year (1 in 500,000) as you are to get blood clots by the J&J (less than 1 in 1,000,000). The VAERS database shows blood clots resulting from the other two vaccines as well. So, why is the J&J vaccine being singled out and pulled from shelves for blood clots?

Edited: 04/19/2021 at 11:40 AM by Sniper
 04/19/2021 12:25 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Was creating the Covid vaccine really some grandiose, untested leap as the anti-vaccers would lead you to believe? I don't think so. Western scientists have been creating covid type vaccines, with intermittent tweeks for a long time. Yes - this one went quick due to bottomless pit of funding, and the lack of full throated normal FDA approval at this point, I don't think is unusual. I think scientists would not view this vaccine as much different than other vaccines. Maybe widespread use of a vaccine passport is a good idea? At least it would be an extra layer of motivation (no flying, entering your fav. restaurant, terminate from work, etc.) for those being illogical about the vax. DeSantis' EO prohibiting such as a certified Joke.
 04/19/2021 12:25 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Was creating the Covid vaccine really some grandiose, untested leap as the anti-vaccers would lead you to believe? I don't think so. Western scientists have been creating covid type vaccines, with intermittent tweeks for a long time. Yes - this one went quick due to bottomless pit of funding, and the lack of full throated normal FDA approval at this point, I don't think is unusual. I think scientists would not view this vaccine as much different than other vaccines. Maybe widespread use of a vaccine passport is a good idea? At least it would be an extra layer of motivation (no flying, entering your fav. restaurant, terminate from work, etc.) for those being illogical about the vax. DeSantis' EO prohibiting such as a certified Joke.
 04/19/2021 12:36 PM

Sniper

"Up until 2020, these mRNA biotech companies had poor results testing mRNA drugs for cardiovascular, metabolic and renal diseases; selected targets for cancer; and rare diseases like Crigler - Najjar syndrome, with most finding that the side-effects of the mRNA delivery methods were too serious.[24][25] mRNA vaccines for human use have been developed and tested for the diseases rabies, Zika, cytomegalovirus, and influenza, although these mRNA vaccines have not been licensed.[26] Many large pharmaceutical companies abandoned the technology,[24] while some biotechs re-focused on the less profitable area of vaccines, where the doses would be at lower levels and side-effects reduced.[24][27]

At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, no mRNA drug or vaccine had been licensed for use in humans. In December 2020, both Moderna and Pfizer - BioNTech obtained emergency use authorization for their mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines, which had been funded by Operation Warp Speed (directly in the case of Moderna and indirectly for Pfizer - BioNTech).[23] On 2 December 2020, seven days after its final eight-week trial, the UK's Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), became the first global medicines regulator in history to approve an mRNA vaccine, granting emergency authorization for Pfizer - BioNTech's BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine for widespread use."

04/19/2021 12:37 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

WHY if you have been vaccinated should you be mandated to wear a mask???

I believe the vaccines prevent a person from getting moderate to severe Covid-19.

Is it still possible to contract a mild case?

Your mild case might be a death sentence for another person (older, underlying condition, etc).

When you go to Publix, Walmart, whatever, just wear a mask and take it off when you exit, vaccine or not.

Jeeeezzzzeeeeee, why is this such a big deal?

04/19/2021 12:40 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

"COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective -- but none are 100% effective, meaning a small number of people might become infected after being fully vaccinated -- but those infections are typically mild, or symptom-free."
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .