Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Utah favored over Gators in da swamp
Topic Summary: ...hard to believe...
Created On: 07/13/2022 07:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/13/2022 07:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Utah (-2.5) at Florida: Saturday, Sept. 3

Florida hasn't been an underdog at home versus a non-conference opponent since it was a five-point dog vs. Florida State in 2017. And according to ESPN's Chris Fallica, the last time the Gators were home underdogs in a non-conference game against anybody other than Florida State was way back in 1986 vs. Miami.

To open the Billy Napier era, though, the Gators are 2.5-point underdogs in Gainesville against Utah, the reigning Pac-12 champions.

The Utes played like a top-10 team over the second half of the 2021 season while the Gators collapsed in the final days of the Dan Mullen era. How quickly can Napier put his stamp on the way Florida plays? His teams at Louisiana were simultaneously creative and physical. At Florida he has an electric quarterback in Anthony Richardson, so that's a good place to start.
 07/19/2022 11:01 AM

johnnyboy

The blistering heat and humidity tip the scales in the Gators favor. I skip that game because its so hot and humid. Miserable.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/20/2022 05:28 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

I sold my UF/Miami ticket in '86 for like $100. Lot of money to me back then. Went straight to the beach.
 07/21/2022 05:01 AM

Central Floridave

Should be interesting game!

Napier's first game as head coach so Utah probably won't know what to expect. da swamp is nasty in September. I've sat in that stadium for both a gator fan and a UCF fan in early games and it is not fun to be in....unless you are winning.
 07/21/2022 11:35 AM

johnnyboy

And now they serve beer. Makes it even worse.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/22/2022 05:56 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Trivia department: the airboat was invented in Utah.
 07/24/2022 04:26 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: johnnyboy And now they serve beer. Makes it even worse.
wtf johnny
 07/24/2022 10:18 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: ww

Trivia department: the airboat was invented in Utah.

WTF!!!

Seriously, this post is odd and off subject, even for you!

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 07/24/2022 at 10:20 AM by LBLarry
 07/26/2022 06:27 AM

johnnyboy

There is some muted talk amongst the gator nation that can only be described as wishful optimism. They are saying that the gators are the sleeper team this preseason and Napier is going to come out very strong with a punch in the nose for Utah victory in a close game where Richardson showcases his accuracy and talent that gives them a 10 win season. Consistent with their long and proud history, they will beat teams that they do not belong on the same field with and will lose to at least one team that is very close to community college. They will shine early, suffer huge injuries, suffer transfers and make a bowl game days before Christmas that no one, not even them, really cares about.

07/26/2022 08:50 AM

Central Floridave

Gators have a favorable schedule with 8 home games (including gator bowl). I'd love to see them go up to Knoxville and knock off the vols.

In BOLD are home games

Sep 3 SAT vs Utah 7pm ESPN
Sep 10 Sat vs Kentucky 7pm ESPN
Sep 17 Sat vs USF 7:30pm SEC Network

Sep 24 Sat AT Tennessee
Oct 1 Sat vs Eastern Washington
Oct 8 Sat vs Missouri
Oct 15 Sat vs LSU

Oct 29 Sat vs Georgia , Jacksonville
Nov 5 Sat AT Tamu
Nov 12 Sat vs South Carolina
Nov 19 Sat AT Vanderbilt
Nov 25 Fri AT FSU
 08/01/2022 03:32 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I'll be there. After a summer of doing work on the farm, I am acclimated to hot and humid. We will see how Utah fares in that department in the 4th quarter. Hard to prepare for that, I'd think.

I :heart; Q
 08/01/2022 04:48 PM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

I was at The Swamp on 9/11/1982 when the USC TrojEnz made their first trip to G'ville. September heat in full effect. Trojies brought their full compliment of sideline air conditioners, but were dropping like flies. UF won 17-9.
 08/02/2022 02:06 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

I remember sitting behind the visiting teams in Sept. Fla Field was below grade and had Astroturf. It was a death trap and you could see the players dieing. The Gators used to have the same advantage in basketball before the O-Dome. Kentucky and the other "northern" teams would come down and crush them in the first half only to wilt and make it a game in the second. Fla Gym was unairconditioned and a sweat box even in January.
 08/03/2022 07:16 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: ww Trivia department: the airboat was invented in Utah.
Interesting
 08/03/2022 06:38 PM

Central Floridave

Any gator practice reports? I've been knee deep in UCF ones. Gators sounding good preseason?

08/05/2022 02:02 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: LBLarry
Originally posted by: ww Trivia department: the airboat was invented in Utah.
WTF!!! Seriously, this post is odd and off subject, even for you!
NO thing is out of bounds for dubdub! pay attencion, lorenzo!!!
 08/06/2022 09:00 AM

johnnyboy

Very quiet from the gator camp. I don't know if that is disciplined information management or just plain nothing good to report.

08/06/2022 10:21 AM

CurtisEflush

Originally posted by: johnnyboy
Very quiet from the gator camp. I don't know if that is disciplined information management or just plain nothing good to report.

"If you set your expectations low, you'll never be disappointed."

Hopefully they're just setting outside expectations that way ("rebuilding year") but will let their play on the field do all the talking.

It's hard to come out with any swagger after a season-ending loss, like last year's bowl game loss to their little brother down south.

UCF pretty much hit rock bottom with that bowl game loss to BYU the year before.

When you've reached rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up.
 08/06/2022 10:56 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

"If you set your expectations low, you'll never be disappointed."

Hopefully they're just setting outside expectations that way ("rebuilding year") but will let their play on the field do all the talking.

It's hard to come out with any swagger after a season-ending loss, like last year's bowl game loss to their little brother down south.

UCF pretty much hit rock bottom with that bowl game loss to BYU the year before.

When you've reached rock bottom, there's nowhere to go but up.

That season is known as: The Radio Silent Season by CentroDavo

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 08/06/2022 at 10:57 AM by LBLarry
 08/06/2022 11:35 AM

CurtisEflush

LOL, but still not as bad as when UCF was still a D-III school for which every away game was scheduled as their opponent's homecoming.

Who would schedule their first game of the season as homecoming? Any school if UCF was coming to town. Dave would remember those days if he's as old as I am.
FORUMS : NPNR : Utah favored over Gators in da swamp

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .