Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: As much as I hate Spirit.....
Topic Summary: At least they kept the price down.
Created On: 07/28/2022 08:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/28/2022 08:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.npr.org/2022/07/28/...ue-spirit-deal-merger

Now Jet Blue is trying to buy them and create the fifth largest airline.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/28/2022 10:57 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Basically, JetBlue will digest Spirit, which controls a lot of valuable airport gates. Planes will get nicer seats, Sprit's Florida headquarters will close, service to Florida is likely to drop.
 07/30/2022 09:55 AM

MyNameIsRobertPaulson

Joined Forum: 08/14/2014

Originally posted by: ww Basically, JetBlue will digest Spirit, which controls a lot of valuable airport gates. Planes will get nicer seats, Sprit's Florida headquarters will close, service to Florida is likely to drop.
without looking at their balance sheets how do you really know... my guess is they will aquire spirit, nothing will change, however jetblue will use spirit cash and spirit debt and direct it towards jetblue enterpirse growth. Likely close the spirit FL hq but unlikely to close service to FL... prices will increase quietly and slowly...
 07/30/2022 11:14 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

They will continue to screw surfers over board bags, and I will fly American to Latin America as long as they keep their free board bag policy.
 08/01/2022 02:32 PM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

Originally posted by: MyNameIsRobertPaulson

Originally posted by: ww

Basically, JetBlue will digest Spirit, which controls a lot of valuable airport gates. Planes will get nicer seats, Sprit's Florida headquarters will close, service to Florida is likely to drop.

without looking at their balance sheets how do you really know... my guess is they will aquire spirit, nothing will change, however jetblue will use spirit cash and spirit debt and direct it towards jetblue enterpirse growth. Likely close the spirit FL hq but unlikely to close service to FL... prices will increase quietly and slowly...

"... prices will increase quietly and slowly."....Now that's the Spirit!

I remember long ago the first time we were booking tickets and I was like "That is a good price!" and kept asking and my wife, "Make sure this or that is added.." She would tell me "OK that is extra". Then when I saw the price of the "regular" amenities I was like, "WHOA! not such a deal any more...Ok got it...we are taking a backpack and my knees will be in someones spine..."

-------------------------
Time and tide wait for no one.....
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .