Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Plugging and abandoning old artesian well
Topic Summary: any experiences out there?
Created On: 04/03/2021 07:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 Plugging and abandoning old artesian well   - IamSAW - 04/03/2021 07:32 AM  
 Plugging and abandoning old artesian well   - surfsail - 04/07/2021 06:07 AM  
 Plugging and abandoning old artesian well   - IamSAW - 11/28/2021 03:00 PM  
 Plugging and abandoning old artesian well   - Central Floridave - 11/30/2021 04:31 PM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/03/2021 07:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

IamSAW

Joined Forum: 05/02/2006

I've got an old artesian irrigation well that is no longer in use; too salty. I'd like to get it plugged and abandoned so I can hopefully cut off the well head and use that area for something else. I no longer irrigate the yard anyways, except for a few sips of city water when it's begging for mercy. Otherwise it's just rainfall watered. From what I can gather on The Google well abandonment requires pumping cement down the hole all the way to the bottom to fill up the casing and seal off any holes, etc. Has anybody done that to their well? I'm 200% sure this is not a DIY thing (but thought about it) so what are the costs? Does having some big ole oak branches above the well head complicate things (prol a no brainer yes, darn it, but I'm not afraid to ask stupid questions). Also I see SJRWMD has an artesian well abandonment program with potential $ assistance - I have a call into them (and several well drilling companies), but has anyone else gone through this before? TY 2ndLighters!
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .