Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: North IRL
Topic Summary: Reds, /trout and a mangrove snapper
Created On: 08/06/2020 05:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
 North IRL   - jdbman - 08/06/2020 05:50 PM  
 North IRL   - stokedpanda - 08/07/2020 10:50 AM  
 North IRL   - Cole - 08/08/2020 07:01 AM  
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/06/2020 05:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I met Capt Bob today ( 8-6-20) at odark thirty . Ramp at Haulover Canal. Bob had loaded the bait wells of his Spyder 19 with small croakers and a few pig fish and spot.

Pulled out of the canal and turned left . ( Back to the IRL) I went out with him in April to the the Mosquito out of the Beacon 42 ramp.

No more than 2 hundred yards down the canal, we bait up. Bam, slot red, bam over slot trout ( 26") both go into the ice. 4 more slot trout plus the over and we are limit trout at 7:15.

We head just to the north on the IRL , kind of on the east side. Bait up. Bam, monster red. I have bruises on my thigh from the rod. Takes around 20 minutes. I'm using Bobs equipment. ( note to self, bring my own next time). 42# beauty .

Next we head farther north, almost as far as you can go in the IRL.

I love this area. It is so beautiful. No other boats in sight North and east of /Scotsmore.

We just start catching trout after trout. ( and one nice mangrove snapper) I dont ever count fish, but this was a really good fish count day.

Back to the ramp by 1pm. Fillet and in the fridge.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.

Edited: 08/07/2020 at 08:25 AM by jdbman
FORUMS : Fishing : North IRL

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .