Print this topic.

Topic Title Saturday Afternoon A1A Crash - Indialantic

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 12:38 PM
Posted By: DaveFL76

This is the saddest thing I've heard in a long time.

Saturday afternoon, after lunch, my wife and I were headed down A1A in Indialantic and got diverted via detour by a recently-burned car.

The news filled in the details later about a lady with a checkered driving past, with the license plate "HALN A55" who was speeding North on A1A at a reported 100mph, clipped a Volvo, ended up launching herself out of a ditch, into a wall, ejecting from the car and dying.

There are a ton of emergency vehicles at the scene now, Monday morning. They evidently just found a long-time local, long time surfer Art Stroud dead in the brushes along side the accident scene. How terribly sad. I feel awful for his family and hope he didn't suffer. RIP, Art.

Florida Today - man's Body Found Two Days After Fiery A1A Crash

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 12:44 PM
Posted By: gbigsurf1

Oh good lord, sooo sooo sad. R.I.P. Art

-------------------------
Surf Hard Live Long. Peace Out

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 12:53 PM
Posted By: Staytrue

Sad,sad. I know the car that was involved I've had words with the lady for trying to push me off the road! Her hauling ass killed someone this time!!!

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 01:05 PM
Posted By: daner

Senseless and horrible.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 02:00 PM
Posted By: emmcey

100mph on A1A, who did this lady think she was? It's too bad she's not alive so she could have spent the rest of her life in prison. But then again it would have just cost the taxpayers. Very sad story indeed.

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 02:11 PM
Posted By: somebodyelse

Art was a gentleman, very calm in the water, he would paddle out in the teeth of a huge swell and make it look easy...

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 02:17 PM
Posted By: SurferMic

Hard to even compose a reply but Art was one of the good guys, always humble, always out on the biggest days when most of us were denied, would smile, ask how your last wave was and give set waves away because of his kind nature.  He was an original local at our neighborhood spot and was a fixture on most swells.  He will be missed by everyone who came in contact with the guy, one of those individuals who always seemed happy to be at the beach, soft spoken, charged big/small surf with the best attitude I have ever seen in the in/out of the water

R.I.P Art......

On days where it is breaking out to the horizon with wave after wave of white walls 10 foot high there was Art on the outside alone taking off on the biggest waves.

We will miss you Art...

Edited: 03/05/2014 at 07:03 AM by SurferMic

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 02:43 PM
Posted By: Central Floridave

A1A is getting more and more dangerous. What a sad story.

R.I.P.

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 03:18 PM
Posted By: artman

Oh man, this is horrible, I haven't seen him in years but I think I remember him from surfing at the Hilton back in the 90s, think he drove a white van (back then) and was a painter?

Surfermic, your description is spot on for the Art I'm thinking about, very sad.

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 03:34 PM
Posted By: fausteddie

There are so many mixed emotions..straight up sadness for the loss of an innocent victim, rage against someone who didn't give a crap about anyone else on the road. I too have spoken to people that said this lady ran them off the road. How can you reconcile the injustice here? If she wanted to die, why not eat a bullet? don't bring others with you

It is just so sad

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 03:40 PM
Posted By: Tiptime

Very sad news

The Wavecaster

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 04:45 PM
Posted By: FlatFloridaSurf

So sad RIP man. Surfed with him out front a few times. Very humble nice guy.

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 04:49 PM
Posted By: fiver

i hate to hear that

sad

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 04:59 PM
Posted By: TommyBoy

im one of the TIki hut crew and have surfed with Art for many years. Art is truely one of the nicest guys I've met surfing. Everyones comment's about Art are spot on, out on the biggest days and just about all the time. I'm sick right now.  He has a brother in town and a sister in Georgia, and so a friend will be inquiring about the families plans. Im sure a paddle out is in the near future.

Tommy Boy

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 05:09 PM
Posted By: Rippinryan247

About 2 years ago I was about to cross a1a to go to the same beach access as art and witnessed a car swerve across a1a, go down the ditch, hit the same wall, and flip upside down right at the entrance. Back then I just kinda thanked God that I was running 30 seconds late and was at the wrong spot at the wrong time but now I've actually realized how possible it is. With that being said, my friend and I surfed with art at this entrance since we were groms... In fact, he took us out on our first hurricane swell(Irene) and charged harder than most of the young guys. He was always out there if there were waves and he would always tell us how he wanted to retire to the Dominican Republic since that was his favorite wave. I hope this lady gets what she deserves but I'm also disappointed in the police for not finding him on Saturday. They had a1a shut down for over 5 hours and didn't think to look around for good measure?

Artman- he was still a painter and drove a white van mostly but also had an old car (Mercedes Benz I think).

R.I.P. Art you've influenced my life for sure

Go Gators

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 05:37 PM
Posted By: BPE

RIP dude, I didn't know you but you sound like a class act in and out of the water!  I hope you are scratching for the horizon ready to catch a set wave in great beyond.

Edited: 03/03/2014 at 06:30 PM by BPE

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 06:04 PM
Posted By: thebaron

That woman passed me in the center lane moments before she wrecked , my 3 yr old daughter was with me as well. my first thought was she is going to kill someone. sensless

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 06:07 PM
Posted By: thesurfas

I was Art's Paint Salesman for over twenty years  he would buy paint from all the vendors in town and ''spread'' it around  Lived the simple  Life on Dairy rd with no AC.  Always owned old Volvos and Surfed ''Surfer Welcome'' beach forever   I did a surf check Sat at Paradie and saw Art swimming in the shorepound  His last swim          Got run over by some lady with 23 tickets!!!   what a shame    Great Guy will be missed in  the Paint Store and in the Surf line up!!!   Tony A in Melb

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 06:18 PM
Posted By: air360

art lived four doors down from us growing up next to paradise, art taught me how to paint so i could work after i retired from surfing contests, we went to same church, bible studies and surf the same beach growing up, ive known art since i was 8 or 9. he taught me so much about life and situations dealing with life. a great man of God and great man to have in my life all these years. see you soon art, your life long friend, Hoss....he called me that my whole life fyi.

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 06:40 PM
Posted By: onegoodturn

so crazy this whole thing going down this weekend and affecting so many people. growing up at boardwalk, inlet and o.a. surfing with all my hero's trip, holeman and cavasos etc. i feel as though i must have surfed with this guy at some point. please post of a pic of the surfer we have lost in the lineup.

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 07:12 PM
Posted By: artman

Rippinryan247, thanks for the confirmation, my name is also Art so I remember meeting and surfing with him, he always had a nice Al Merrick board and was out anytime it was rideable!

I really hope he didn't suffer long,

Paddle Out- most definately!

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 07:54 PM
Posted By: OceanTerra

Tragic story. I didn't know Art but after reading all of the overwhelmingly positive things said about him, I wish I had. My sincerest condolences go out to his family, friends and all who knew him. RIP.

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 08:33 PM
Posted By: big rick

man, i saw the report today and i just wondered why in the hell was
that lady even given a license.

Rest in peace art.
i don't know if i knew ya or not but from what i read, you were a stand
up dude.

hey, i don't know if you read this yet ----------> I <3 16streets.com

thank you Sean O'hare

Delicious beer comes from here

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 09:35 PM
Posted By: surfjunkie

25 years ago a great friend and mentor took me under his wing and taught me how to surf. It was probably because he didn't wanna see me drown at his break. I was a 13 year old skinny kook with absolutely no business being in the ocean. I would fight to paddle out to the lineup without knowing how to duckdive. By some miracle I would get out. Riding a single fin junker with no leash, not able to stand, I'm sure I made my new friend giggle at my failed attempts to surf. As time went on I got a beat up short board and a leash. With lots of encouragement and shared experience I managed to get to my feet. Over the years my new friend took me to every break in this county showing me how they worked, fixed my dings, and put up with my teenager attitude. For a brief moment I got into bodyboarding and he constantly harassed me about getting back on a real board. This man gave me the best gift of my life. Today 25 years later my life revolves around surfing. I dress like a surfer, I eat like a surfer, I dream of travels to third world countries most people would avoid. I never got to thank this selfless hero who changed my life. He was hit by a reckless driver coming back from a surf session and killed Saturday. Thank you Art for all that you've done for me, I will never forget you. You're on the ultimate surf trip now. Start figuring out the breaks up there in heaven cause when I get there I want a full report. R.I.P. Art Stroud

Date Posted: 03/03/2014 09:54 PM
Posted By: carcar79

Eff that Bitch!

Sorry Art!

------------------

surfline.com/photos/#!/profile/296367/

community.surf-station.com/showthread.php?42774-Court-s-Pi

Thnx for 1135+awards
pixoto.com/carcar79

Thnx for 640,000 Flickr views
flickr.com/photos/42342058@N05/

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 08:41 AM
Posted By: eibla

What wonderful tributes from those that knew him. I wish I did. Mahana Ma Malu Art.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 09:01 AM
Posted By: crash

Horrible shame. R.I.P. Art.

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 09:22 AM
Posted By: gonebutnotforlong

Sorry, but if someone with multiple speeding tickets even applies for a vanity plate like she had, they should revoke their license.  Makes me sick.

RIP Art.    

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 09:29 AM
Posted By: Doink2

surfjunkie, that was awesome to read.  I am sorry you lost a friend.  

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 09:48 AM

I need to get this off my chest.

How with multiple reports of a pedestrian might have been hit that our local law enforcement completely messed this up? They couldn’t search the perimeter 20 yards that way or 20 yards this way. The report stated in the article, thick heavy brush…bullshit you where to lazy to look, its not the damn amazon jungle it’s a beachside residence. Great police work hope I don’t ever need your help.

What if god forbid that he was knocked unconcous and later awoke to hear all the sirens but no help ever came for him. I'm to bummed out.

Whens the paddle out in this mans honor?

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 10:10 AM
Posted By: sfds

Very sorry to hear of this after the fact news.  RIP.

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 10:19 AM
Posted By: Pakalolo

Originally posted by: FlatFloridaSurf I need to get this off my chest.

How with multiple reports of a pedestrian might have been hit that our local law enforcement completely messed this up? They couldn’t search the perimeter 20 yards that way or 20 yards this way. The report stated in the article, thick heavy brush…bullshit you where to lazy to look, its not the damn amazon jungle it’s a beachside residence. Great police work hope I don’t ever need your help.

What if god forbid that he was knocked unconcous and later awoke to hear all the sirens but no help ever came for him. I'm to bummed out.

Whens the paddle out in this mans honor?

Exactly what I was thinking...

Surf, Music, Good Times. Ride Surftoyz!!

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 10:24 AM
Posted By: DaveFL76

That's what I find so gut-wrenching about it. That brush is no more than 10 or 15 feet deep. Poor guy. We all hope he went quick without suffering but I just couldn't imagine being in his shoes, 20 feet away from the first responders and unable to signal for help. Meanwhile they're trying to save a menace to society. There is nothing good about this story at all; it just makes me sick.

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 11:08 AM
Posted By: bob3000

brazillian pepper plants are extremely difficult to negotiate. even 10 or 15 feet of them. i agree, that's no excuse, but the same thing happened to that lady in south CB a few months ago, after she got hit. R.I.P Art.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 11:45 AM
Posted By: ssutton

Just wanted to take a few moments to share on the horrific loss of a kind, humble, God fearing and hard working man.

I only knew Art from surfing with him on the beach across from Saint Mark's and talking to him at length while fiishing our session.

He worked hard at hi profession--Painting-- He did many jobs for me and we kept in  touch.

I have no words to express how much Art will be missed-- I only know due to his relationship with God-- He is in a better place--

Wish I could say the same for the lady who took his life!!

Hope there is a paddle out on his behalf!!!

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 12:00 PM
Posted By: fergie

same thing happened to my gal and her friend and i comeing back to cross  at poinsetta st.  a car pushed another off  the rode right in  front of us. 20 yards south we'd be dead. they need to put crossing  signs at every access or paint white crossing bars on the road. maybe we should start a petition. didn't know art that well, but surfed out at our break many a times. allways talked to him on the beach  we had surfin and painting in common. rip brother art

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 12:03 PM

Edited: 03/04/2014 at 07:27 PM by SurferMic

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 01:25 PM

Edited: 03/04/2014 at 07:26 PM by SurferMic

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 01:46 PM
Posted By: surfersince65

I really feel like going on a rant about this but out of respect for the woman's family I will leave it alone.  I will say we all need to slow down and not drive like bats out of hell.  We are not and she was not a 16 year old and she should have known better.  I finally grew up and started leaving early for my appointments try to stay in the right lane and not text while driving.  There is nothing more important than driving while driving so pay attention please.

Makes me sick to think you can die while going to check the surf, God rest his soul Art sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to surf with

JMA

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 02:31 PM
Posted By: TommyBoy

SurferMic please email me about Art. I live between Poinsetta and pinetree. Another guy named Pat also lives near me and was real close with Art. Pat is attending to his ill father in Georgia, but will return later in the week.

Please only SurferMic       tshent01@harris.com.

Tommy Boy

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 02:57 PM
Posted By: Karma

I have a good friend who was severely injured walking down A1A this year (helicoptered to Holmes), and a friend of a friend who was also hit on A1A and may still be in a coma.

Scary.

RIP, Art.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 03:12 PM
Posted By: Flsurfer1222

I didn't know Art well, but I recently started surfing across from St. Marks on a regular basis last summer along with a couple folks from my work.  One of them knew him very well and would talk to him often.  He sure seemed like a really nice and humble guy.  Wish I had gotten the chance to know him better.  Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this terrible time.   RIP Art Stroud. 

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 03:23 PM
Posted By: quiksilverIHB

I live on A1A just south of Double Tree and am sure I would recognize him if I saw him, but don't know him by name. R.I.P. Art, you sound like one solid guy.
My thought go out to the friends and family, that's you Mr. T.
-Joey

RCI Optics

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 04:17 PM
Posted By: Chieftain87304

Wow, same kind of post as surfjunkie's over on a local bike shop's fb page, only it was a bicyclist rather than a surfer. Art sounds like the kind of guy this world needs more of. I'd love to know that people spoke of me this way when I pass on.

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 05:01 PM
Posted By: surfa

RIP Art Stroud. And I think we all know what Nancy Chancy should do. Never-the -less, condolences to family and friends.

Be Joyful because you have Hope, be Patient when trouble comes, Pray at all times. Romans 12:12

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 05:02 PM
Posted By: LagoonSurfer

I scouted that spot this morning (with a heavy heart thinking of this terrible event). It is a VERY dangerous place to get to the surf. Not sure it's worth it even when there aren't careless wanton killers speeding without regard for life. There is NO place to walk except RIGHT along the road. Forget that. I'd rather park at Paradise and walk there.

Prayers for this man and those who will miss him.

Brother, when you get a minute, could I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?

Hey. Where are we going? (And what are we doing in a hand-basket?)

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 05:03 PM
Posted By: pompano

I know one of the guys at Bob's said they were going to do a commemorative ride for him. It would be nice to do something in sync to bring more people together. This guy sounds special. I can only guess I've run across him on the road or in the water, but I would gladly honor his passing. If anyone want me to connect the cyclist folks with anyone organizing a paddle out, I'd be honored if it has not already happened.

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 05:19 PM
Posted By: TATTOO74

I live off Poinsetta and I don't get why people feel the need to speed through this area of A1A. Just last week I was pulling out and some dumb chick in a suped up Nissan 360z or whatever came screaming down the median doing at least 100mph and continued to blaze through the Paradise Bch light. I said to myself "lucky nobody got killed" and now this. It makes me sick. RIP Art

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 06:47 PM
Posted By: foam ball

Lived across the street from Paradise a while back. Can't say I ever met Art but I'm sure I have come across him in the water at some point. Reading these post makes you sad to think that a person that was so well respected and looked up to went out in a senseless tragedy like this at the hands of an irresponsible idiot. Hard to believe the police didn't find him during the initial investigation, hope he didn't suffer. Let us know if there is a paddle out, maybe make it a different post.

RIP Brother

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 07:06 PM
Posted By: theslasher

R.I.P. ART!!sad.. can someone post a pik of him I can't place him!! bummer! thanks!

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 07:11 PM
Posted By: 333rider

So sad RIP Art , thoughts and prayers .

Date Posted: 03/04/2014 09:07 PM
Posted By: Serpent710

Couple of days before this at around 10pm, a bike flew by this stretch of A1A going every bit of 150+mph... So much of this can be prevented, hopefully a larger presence from BCSO from here on out. 

Date Posted: 03/05/2014 08:55 AM
Posted By: consultrelkins@hotmail.com

.....................................Wow! RIP..Art. I learned to surf at St. Marks w the Walfoggel family first showing me the always uncrowded spot frequented by many church groups from all over Florida. Even with Labor day type crowds you could check this family friendly beach. But truly a sketchy road crossing indeed. My now 15yo son caught his first waves on a boogie at this spot. Have crossed the road with one kid in a baby stoller and another in a red wagon loaded with childrens toys, buckets, shovels, cooler, sunscreen and my dear children many times at this spot. Shame on anyone who let this woman drive a car. I have also recieved a speeding ticket for going 43mph in a 40mph just a few feet past where the 45mph ends and the 40mph sign begins between St. Marks and Boardwalk. Shame on the over reaching cops and authorities for making the area sketchy for honest good drivers and letting this woman drive like this over and over and over. So sorry to Art's friends and family. So sad. Sorry to this whole neighborhood. I will always think of Art when surfing his spot now. God Bless all who knew him and his community and family.

Edited: 03/05/2014 at 09:03 AM by consultrelkins@hotmail.com

Date Posted: 03/05/2014 09:57 AM
Posted By: SurfAddict

Originally posted by: consultrelkins@hotmail.com .....................................Wow! RIP..Art. I learned to surf at St. Marks w the Walfoggel family first showing me the always uncrowded spot frequented by many church groups from all over Florida. Even with Labor day type crowds you could check this family friendly beach. But truly a sketchy road crossing indeed. My now 15yo son caught his first waves on a boogie at this spot. Have crossed the road with one kid in a baby stoller and another in a red wagon loaded with childrens toys, buckets, shovels, cooler, sunscreen and my dear children many times at this spot. Shame on anyone who let this woman drive a car. I have also recieved a speeding ticket for going 43mph in a 40mph just a few feet past where the 45mph ends and the 40mph sign begins between St. Marks and Boardwalk. Shame on the over reaching cops and authorities for making the area sketchy for honest good drivers and letting this woman drive like this over and over and over. So sorry to Art's friends and family. So sad. Sorry to this whole neighborhood. I will always think of Art when surfing his spot now. God Bless all who knew him and his community and family.

Didn't know Art, but may he rest in peace. He sounds like he was a good man.   And, sincere condolences to his friends and family.

As to your point consultrelkins, agree that the cop that gave you that ticket was a douche, but it sounds like they (the cops) were spot-on if all the reports I heard as to the numerous tickets issued the women involved were correct.   And if correct, it's the judicial system that's out-of-control...with her driving record history...her driver's license should have long-ago been permenently revoked!   Shame on the judges/ judicial system for allowing this selfish idiot to have kept driving!

Surfing is my passion...obsesssion... addiction! Can't imagine life without it!

Date Posted: 03/05/2014 10:55 AM
Posted By: TATTOO74

Relkins... Sad thing is you got the ticket from a Melbourne cop. Our area is patrolled by Sheriffs and this is what gives these idiots the freedom to speed through here. The sheriffs are always out at night to catch the drunks leaving Lou's Blue's, but I RARELY see them out during the day.

Date Posted: 03/05/2014 01:46 PM

Originally posted by: TATTOO74 Relkins... Sad thing is you got the ticket from a Melbourne cop. Our area is patrolled by Sheriffs and this is what gives these idiots the freedom to speed through here. The sheriffs are always out at night to catch the drunks leaving Lou's Blue's, but I RARELY see them out during the day.

So true, I live off one of the side streets on poinsetta. Monday they were everywhere ticketing speeders...that lasted one day. The stretch from long doggers to paradise is very unsafe, people speed ALL THE TIME. I was crossing a1a with the wife, like a idiot got stuck in the center lane (I never do this anymore I wait till both sides are clear) a full size truck blew by me crossing over the yellow lines. I raised my hands like dude wtf? this d-bag stopped his truck in the center lane  got out and wanted to scrap. The hell is wrong with people.

See ya guys in the water sat. noon.

Date Posted: 03/05/2014 06:23 PM
Posted By: Central Floridave

Paddleout info, Saturday Noon:
http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...=157485&enterthread=y

Date Posted: 03/05/2014 08:14 PM

Art's Family wanted to pass this info on   March 11th 1 pm Memorial Serice at St Marks Church   Pass this on to all Friends of Art's       Pompano Maybe You Can let the Bob bikes guys know too        Also Memorial Donations in Art Strouds name can be made to the Surfrider Foundation  Mahola  Tony A

Date Posted: 03/05/2014 08:21 PM

Also Sunday Florida Today will Have Art Strouds Obituary

Date Posted: 03/06/2014 05:01 PM
Posted By: Davey428

It is with heavy heart that I learned of the fiery accident on A1A Saturday(noon) involved Art Stroud(a long time surfer friend).

Art was apparently coming in from surfing or checking the waves and was taken out(killed) by this moronic person that should have never been driving in the first place.

Art was returning to his van that he always parked at St. Marks church after a surf check or a swim.

Art was older than most of us by a few years, and not a close member of our tribe(as it was/is) but was a true lover of the ocean and surfing.

Johnny-boy, Art, Pat, myself(and a few others) would always talk with each other in the line-up while swapping waves and then of course later......while taking a break on the beach between sessions.

We would swap stories of our latest trips whether it be Costa, Mexico, Hawaii, South Pacific, Indo........where ever.

Art never aspired to be anything more than just a decent human being and lover of life. He did not deserve to die in this horrible manner and I am very saddened and sick to my stomach to hear about this.

I last saw him a couple of weeks ago while out surfing and of course he had the usual smile on his face.

He was a soul surfer, old school style(very fluid), laid back, mellow, and still rode a short board at 60 years of age.

Art, I will miss you and thank you for never looking down on me when I was just a grom.

Rest In Peace Art Stroud, we will miss you, and God's Speed.

Edited: 03/07/2014 at 04:53 AM by Davey428

Date Posted: 03/06/2014 05:58 PM

Edited: 03/06/2014 at 06:26 PM by Davey428

Date Posted: 03/06/2014 06:16 PM

Tom,

Will Pat make it back in time?

I think John S. is going to be out of town, but I will surely be there to pay my respects.

Dave

Edited: 03/06/2014 at 06:27 PM by Davey428

Date Posted: 03/06/2014 06:18 PM
Posted By: matt_t

Originally posted by: Davey428

Tom, Will Pat make it back in time? I think John S. is going to be out of town, but I will surely be there to pay my respects.Dave

Pat is back home

Date Posted: 03/06/2014 06:20 PM

Thanks Matt, Ill call Pat or Tom tomorrow when I get to work.

Edited: 03/07/2014 at 04:55 AM by Davey428

Date Posted: 03/07/2014 04:09 PM

Info on paddle out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/213593518835216/

Date Posted: 03/07/2014 04:28 PM

Melbourne beach, Beach street. This might throw some people off if they havent read the other thread.

I understand it still says parking at st marks

Date Posted: 03/07/2014 05:16 PM

Yeah, it's just South of Paradise Beach Park, as you pass Paradise Beach, heading South you will see an open field up against A1A with a Church sitting back from the road. That's where the parking will be. Sign says "Surfers Welcome". It's hard to miss. St. Marks Methodist Church.