Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Mango: ROSIGOLD
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/07/2009 08:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2009 08:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Thaumaturgist

Joined Forum: 06/10/2004

Rosigold is supposed to be the season's first mango, ripening usually between end of March and mid-April.

The 2 photos below will show that most of the mangoes are far away from ripening anytime soon and it is already May.

The tree had lived upto its famous features: no taller than 10ft, high yield and, delicious crop every year.

A lone almost-ripe fruit (2nd May, 2009)
http://asitghosh.com/mango/ASITs/asitrosigold1.jpg

Clusters of green ones with water drops (2nd May, 2009)
http://asitghosh.com/mango/ASITs/asitrosigold2.jpg

==========================================================================
MY POST OF DECEMBER 19, 2006

Rosigold, a mango of south-east Asian heritage, is the first variety of mango of the mango season, ripening anytime between mid to late March.

Fairchild Tropical Garden's Mango Curator, Dr. Richard Campbell describes the dwarf Rosigold as "rich, aromatic, and sweet, with a hint of the Asian Tropics".

Here is a photo, taken in early December 2006, of Rosigold mango blossom in my 2 year old tree. The tree got battered very severely in 2004's hurricanes, within 2 months of planting in the ground.

The tree had already achieved its prescribed height of 8 ft.

http://asitghosh.com/MISC/asitrosigold01.jpg
======================================================================
 05/07/2009 08:03 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

my tree was in full flower during the freezes this year and aborted them all. Oh well, maybe next year. Epicsurf has some that are close to being ripe.
 05/08/2009 07:14 AM

traveler

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

my tree was in full flower during the freezes this year and aborted them all. Oh well, maybe next year. Epicsurf has some that are close to being ripe.

My Rosigold was also in full bloom when the freeze go it. Was questionable if it was even going to make it for a while, but now have growth coming out and it clearly will. Big setback for a nice tree that put out some tasty mangoes.

One of the big reasons I selected Rosigold was due to it's compact size that that with some pruning that it could be kept small enough to be covered if necessary. I'll be better prepared for that with a new frame design to hold up the cover from here out (and hope that I not have to use it!)
 05/18/2009 04:24 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I ate my first rosigold yesterday thanks to epicsurf. Wow, that is a great tasting mango. One of the best! The fact it is so early is great as well. The first mango of the season typically are the best and bring back that feeding frenzy sensation! Must have more mango...
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .