Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hot Cobia bite going on
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/06/2017 06:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/06/2017 06:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Went out Friday after hearing epic early limits of cobia, and found they were true.

Killer temp break from the cold 65* beach water to the cobe friendly 68*-70* right over a large stretch of reef and wrecks in about 100-110' made for some prime grounds!

We actually got the first on a chicken rig with squid, then got several more on jigs on the bottom and live grunts on the bottom with my biggest to date at 47lbs.

Limited out by 1030, and heard many similar reports, go get em!

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 12/06/2017 01:09 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: stokedpanda Went out Friday after hearing epic early limits of cobia, and found they were true. Killer temp break from the cold 65* beach water to the cobe friendly 68*-70* right over a large stretch of reef and wrecks in about 100-110' made for some prime grounds! We actually got the first on a chicken rig with squid, then got several more on jigs on the bottom and live grunts on the bottom with my biggest to date at 47lbs. Limited out by 1030, and heard many similar reports, go get em!
Niiice Some good fishing months ahead...
 12/06/2017 02:29 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

O yea, I am out of Jacksonville, since a little warmer down south I assume the temp break around CFL may be in on the 10-15 mile out bottom numbers

My Dad went to a seminar by the legendary Scott Lum at Boater Exchange in Cocoa last night and he said it was pretty fun, Scott is the man would love to get out and fish with him one day for triple tail!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 12/06/2017 04:07 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: stokedpanda O yea, I am out of Jacksonville, since a little warmer down south I assume the temp break around CFL may be in on the 10-15 mile out bottom numbers My Dad went to a seminar by the legendary Scott Lum at Boater Exchange in Cocoa last night and he said it was pretty fun, Scott is the man would love to get out and fish with him one day for triple tail!
This is one of my Space Coast bucket list items. I always wanted to try some of his legendary triple tail and flounder action. I bet it would be a good learning experience for myself since he's right in my neck of the woods. I might have to book one with him soon.
 12/12/2017 01:01 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

I went out Thursday looking for TT. Got 4 but all were shorts. Saw tons of them but most were too small. They were hammered the two days previous so not many keepers were left. although we did get one keeper TT. I did get one 34" Cobia who happened to be stuffed with 10 blue crabs. Was out of Sebastian Inlet and temps ranged from 70-74.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .