Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pompano showing up in NE FL
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/01/2017 11:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2017 11:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

been getting two or three per trip since the water cleaned up, along with a few nice slot black drum(ugly but tasty!) hoping to get a limit soon. They have been biting best on clam, small green bead above hook, cast past the outer bar.

I mention the green bead as my buddy has store bought rigs with red, and didn't get any fishing next to me....could be coincidence but that's all im throwing now!

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 11/01/2017 06:27 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Nice!

Brent is still getting snooks down here.

I was right.
 11/03/2017 01:22 PM

stokedpanda

Im jealous I have only gone twice since the hurricanes and struck out both, I think they can smell me or something!

11/04/2017 05:12 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Anyone ever have luck with pompano near spoil islands in the river near the inlet. I've heard tales of such but never tried. Usually just do the beach with fleas.
 11/06/2017 09:26 AM

Wedgefield

Joined Forum: 12/18/2003

Originally posted by: HAPDigital Anyone ever have luck with pompano near spoil islands in the river near the inlet. I've heard tales of such but never tried. Usually just do the beach with fleas.
a buddy of mine caught 2 pomps last yr at Tville rr bridge while fishing for convicts, freak accident, have never heard of it before.
 11/06/2017 10:41 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Wedgefield
Originally posted by: HAPDigital Anyone ever have luck with pompano near spoil islands in the river near the inlet. I've heard tales of such but never tried. Usually just do the beach with fleas.
a buddy of mine caught 2 pomps last yr at Tville rr bridge while fishing for convicts, freak accident, have never heard of it before.
Just curious. Always see it mentioned on the floridapsortsman weekend forecasts.
 11/06/2017 11:05 AM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Wedgefield

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Anyone ever have luck with pompano near spoil islands in the river near the inlet. I've heard tales of such but never tried. Usually just do the beach with fleas.

Just curious. Always see it mentioned on the floridapsortsman weekend forecasts.

My friends used to buzz the spoil islands and watch their wake for pompano "skipping" then go back and fish the area....

I used to catch them by the mel causeway on the little banana jigs but it was years ago-pre fish kill.

The best pomp spot I fished was when my dad worked for Boeing at the cape and we could go fish the turn basin for the cruise ships, the pomps would load up in there-everything was loaded up in there from flounder to tripletail, big snook and trout.

11/06/2017 12:01 PM

Burry

really small pomps down here in Jensen Beach....hope they grow quickly!

BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 11/08/2017 09:33 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

The bigger ones can tolerate cooler water, that's why the smaller ones show up first in the fall, and the reverse in the spring

11/08/2017 08:38 PM

Flow

Joined Forum: 11/18/2016

We have been limiting out on pompano the past three weeks up here in Jax on Amelia Island and Little Talbot. 11-17 inches and really fat. Seems like they wanted fresh dead shrimp more than clams or fleas. Big schools moving through. Best year in a while. Tapering off now. Went out today at our most productive spot and didn't get any. Seems like they are moving South. You should get them in a few weeks. I hope you find them. Enjoy. 

Josh Rubin
 11/09/2017 02:22 PM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: Flow

We have been limiting out on pompano the past three weeks up here in Jax on Amelia Island and Little Talbot. 11-17 inches and really fat. Seems like they wanted fresh dead shrimp more than clams or fleas. Big schools moving through. Best year in a while. Tapering off now. Went out today at our most productive spot and didn't get any. Seems like they are moving South. You should get them in a few weeks. I hope you find them. Enjoy. 

Nice! As of my original post some already had moved into south Jax and Ponte Vedra!

Heard the big ones tolerate cold water better so stragglers should be nice, Larry "Pompano Man" Finch has been crushing them as usual

12/05/2017 02:10 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

I got two fatties this morning in 15 minutes before work with a pink banana jig somewhere in Brevard..... LOL.
 12/06/2017 08:38 AM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: miker

I got two fatties this morning in 15 minutes before work with a pink banana jig somewhere in Brevard..... LOL.

Nice I have only gotten them on jigs when i used to be able to fish the turn basin in the port with my dad, super fun though and much better fight then when using the big surf caster with 6oz weights!

12/14/2017 02:04 PM

Burry

they finally showed up in St Lucie county...reel em in FAst...sharks are hungry too!!!

BurrysBreak

12/17/2017 03:17 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

nice sized ones both mornings at dawn in Indialantic.

01/14/2018 04:42 AM

Burry

Hiding again..but the catfish bite is on...

BurrysBreak

01/14/2018 01:56 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Great! I'm the catfish and blowfish champ!

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .