Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Inlet Fishing Report
Topic Summary: Mostly West of Bridge
Created On: 11/04/2016 01:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/04/2016 01:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Been banging around the NSR section. Figured I would contribute something more positive. I am almost solely fishing snook.

Inlet has been slow. There are some snook but they seem to be in the mangroves or thereabouts. check out the N side mangrove areas in a kayak with a finger mullet and you might grab one. incoming tide has seemed to be the better tide - at least that is when i am seeing snook caught over the past week. my neighbor next door got back to back keepers back when it was incoming early AM - an i mean like 4am early. i did fish end of outgoing S side two eves ago. Caught a nice size trout S side but not the target. Boats in the inlet (usually where I fish at night) did not seem to be doing much but tide was hitting the switch. maybe they did better on incoming.

Bait has been very thin there. Go somewhere else to get it or you may be looking around for a while. Every day is a new day but this has been the trend past couple weeks. did throw a lure in the pocket few days in a row about 10 days back just to check. nothing doing there likely due to all the wind/surf. no bait, no hits and did not see anyone getting anything either. If you go, lure with some yellow/chartreuse in it seems to be the ticket. i am sure jig would be good option as well at night - will be down there next week once wind straightens out after this front and tides more favorable.

-------------------------
QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 11/04/2016 05:17 PM

chi

Joined Forum: 02/24/2007

Very nice of you, Mike. Thanks for the report. Let me know when you want to go.
 11/04/2016 06:36 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Gonna give flounder a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the bait heads up.

The snook will chew as this front passes, but once the wind turns north snookin is over. Now if it blows like it's supposed to the tarpon might make a hell of a showing.

I was right.
 11/05/2016 05:49 AM

onebuck

Joined Forum: 01/27/2008

Originally posted by: Cole Gonna give flounder a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the bait heads up. The snook will chew as this front passes, but once the wind turns north snookin is over. Now if it blows like it's supposed to the tarpon might make a hell of a showing.

talk2me,,,,,

11/05/2016 10:27 AM

Cole

I skipped it, no cold with the cold front and the pressure is too stable. Maybe next week.

I was right.
 11/07/2016 07:31 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Neighbor got another keeper yesterday early AM. North side. Lure. Likely heading down some this week. No bait although someone that surfed last Friday mentioned bait in the surf - not sure what type of bait though.

chi - hit me up if you are heading south.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 11/07/2016 07:42 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Nice report, catch em up fellas

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 11/12/2016 04:28 PM

adam55

Joined Forum: 02/27/2011

Fished the inlet twice this week and thought the bite was pretty decent. Left with keeper snook each trip. All fish caught west of the bridge as well. There was also tons of finger mullet coming through in the middle of the week. If you were fishing from shore all fish were coming from out in the channel so you really need to be able to cast quite a ways. Good luck everyone. 

11/16/2016 06:39 PM

Cole

Snook have been around all week, the pressure change with the front might make the beginning of the weekend really interesting.

I was right.
 11/18/2016 09:12 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

My buddies just caught a couple keeper snook down there, west side.
 11/27/2016 06:38 PM

Cole

Gave it a shot Saturday just before dark. The wife got a nice trout, my buddy pulled the hook at the rocks on a nice flounder and the jack beat up the rest of our bait. I think we were about an hour too late... the guy on the rocks next to us picked up four fat little flounder just before we arrived. The drifting boats were getting whopper reds.

I was right.
 11/28/2016 04:16 AM

onebuck

Joined Forum: 01/27/2008

Originally posted by: Cole Gave it a shot Saturday just before dark. The wife got a nice trout, my buddy pulled the hook at the rocks on a nice flounder and the jack beat up the rest of our bait. I think we were about an hour too late... the guy on the rocks next to us picked up four fat little flounder just before we arrived. The drifting boats were getting whopper reds.

Just doesnt seem like we have had a good enough front swing thru to get the flounder going? ???

Caught a couple here and there..but nothing super killer just yet???

11/28/2016 06:32 AM

Cole

It's almost like the pattern has changed. We sat under the bridge foot on the south side during incoming just after dark and couldn't give a bait away; Mojarra and little mullet.

That was a sure dinner 10 years ago.

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .