Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: requesting tips/info on nearshore fishing S. Brevard
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/18/2015 09:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/18/2015 09:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

c4rbz

Joined Forum: 05/20/2013

Anybody have any success stories of fishing nearshore S. Brevard beaches in a small boat or kayak? I'd like to get out there on a glassy day and try to drop some small live baits on the reef/rock clusters not far off the beach for snapper, sheepshead, snook etc. 

I know that from PAFB south would be ideal, but if anybody would care to point me in the right direction I would appreciate it! 

12/21/2015 07:49 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I think the warm water has everything freaked out.

I do know the snapper have moved on and the snook should have thinned out. I don't know jack about sheepshead.

-------------------------
I was right.
 12/26/2015 07:15 AM

jimmys99evo

Joined Forum: 12/22/2015

How do I make a post in the for sale thread?

321-432-3098
 12/27/2015 07:57 PM

alboy

Joined Forum: 02/28/2006

I've dove them during the summer time and they weren't as fishy as I thought they would be. Mostly spades, groves, and grouper here and there.
 12/29/2015 02:43 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I agree with alboy i saw a ton of margates, with a hawaiian sling poked a few sheepies and grovers mixed in off of NCO club. not sure how productive it would be in a boat, but if you take it and launch in the grand canal near eau gallie or turkey creek near melborne causeway you could mess with snook and juvi tarpon. I would use live mullet

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 06/11/2016 01:08 AM

miamicharter

Joined Forum: 06/11/2016

hello

There is possilble resource for fishing. You can visit http://miamicharterboat.com/

Miami Charter Boat is famous for Sport Fishing, Miami Sport Fishing is an art form that takes skill, perseverance and an understanding of weather season and fish behavior. Miami Sport Fishing is a great city , with major airports and nightlife.
 06/13/2016 05:51 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: miamicharter hello

There is possilble resource for fishing. You can visit http://miamicharterboat.com/

Fuck off with your infomercial.

06/14/2016 04:29 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Lots of boats around the pier today. ( Tue. 730 am )

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/14/2016 06:33 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: miker

Originally posted by: miamicharter hello

There is possilble resource for fishing. You can visit 
">
http://miamicharterboat.com/

Fuck off with your infomercial.

HAhaha!

I have not been in a while but used to have fun up at jetty park. When the mullet are running it can be really good, this time of year you may do well fishing live shrimp or finger mullet on light weights either on the ocean side(south) of the jetty wading into surf or off the pier.

Definitely best early or late to avoid crowds but there could be some flounder and mangroves, and the usual jacks, blues, ladys to keep you busy.

If you are comfortable fishing the yak at night there is killer catch and release snook action in the port just be sure you read up on the rules regarding distance from shore.

YOu can only get x distance close to docks seawalls(200'?), y distance from vessels(300'?), and xyv distance from military vessels(like 400'?).

In my experience however even if you get close and someone drives up to kick you out, be polite, make sure all our gear license are compliant, act like the fish just got you so fired up you weren't paying attention how close you were...most of them are outdoors men and women so just be apologetic, I have received several warnings in the past(Hell I would have paid a fine to try again for all the snook I got to tussle!).

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life

Edited: 06/14/2016 at 06:42 AM by stokedpanda
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .