Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 6'8" Mayo Bonzer...5 fin $400
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/11/2006 04:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/11/2006 04:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfn748

Joined Forum: 10/23/2005

This board was glassed w/volan top and bottom...it also has a 3/4 deck patch and a tail patch. The color is clear with gloss & polish.

Nose:15
Width: 21
Tail: 14.5
Thickness: 2.75

PM me or
Interested parties please contact:
http://www.mayoboardcompany.com
mayoboardco@mac.com
 06/11/2006 04:36 PM

surfn748

"The Cinco de Mayo"
...for us it's the five of Mayo.

The Campbell brothers legacy, and the boards shown here are a tribute to their patience, persistence, and belief in a powerful design. Thanks for your inspiration...

Taken from...http://www.bonzer5.com/
Bonzer (bon-zer):
Austral (and N.Z.) slang.
Excellent, extremely good, unique.
Archetype (ar' ki tip) n. The original patternafter which a thing is made; a model or first form; prototype.
The Bonzer is the archetype of the modern surfboard. This is an obvious, but at the same time, much disputed and little recognized fact. The Bonzer was the first tri-fin surfboard (December, 1970). Dick Brewer built a three fin board around the same time but, being that we were just a couple of kids from the sands of Oxnard, neither of us knew what the other was doing.

There are two main characteristics that establish the Bonzer as an archetype.

1. The originating of the triangular positioning of the 3 fins, with the side fins ahead of the center fin. The position of the side fins was 10 1/2 to 12 inches from the tail and 1 1/2 to 1 3/8 inches from the rail.

2. We designed a single to double concave (double through the fin area) bottom to work in conjunction with the fins to organize the water flow through the tail area.

The fin system can be applied to almost any template...it can can be 3 fin or 5 fin....the side fins are highly canted, and the bottom configuration is complexly concaved thru the fin area... design variations are endless: pintails, diamond tails, swallowtails, performance shapes, semi-guns, eggs...you get the idea!

***The Bonzer is a great design for the power surfer who's looking to carve strong rail turns and ride the tube. They seem to be catered toward speed and drive, and surfers with a bit of power behind them. For such surfers, it's an excellent alternative to the standard Thruster design.

As far as the squirt and bursts of speed, this can be felt on a waist high wave. The design concept of a bonzer is based around the concaves that run thru the tail area starting around the middle of the board, and the multi fin set-up. The side fins/runners are set at 22 degrees, giving a hydrofoil effect(lift in the tail) which in part, creates the squirty feeling thru turns due to the lift. As you set the rail, the board accelerates.

The other aspect of the runners(which most people don't know) is that both side fins point at the same spot on the rail. This creates a venturi effect, meaning the water squirts out the back of the fins faster than it went in the front. The combo of the HYDROFOIL, and VENTURI effects, take place as the water is channeled thru the concaves(I like to call them feeders). Add in the "stood up" template of his center fins, and what you get is pivot, with exceptional holding capabilities. Kind of the best of both worlds. A bonzer isn't any one thing, it has an infinite array of designs. They are not for everybody. Especially if you like to slide outta every turn. They don't slide!When you go straight up and hit the lip, they redirect you back down the wave faster than any board I've ever ridden. This effect alone will blow your mind. Speed is everthing, and when you have enough of it, you can do whatever you want with the wave. Bonzers are all about speed!!!

By The Way...did we mention it's fast?!?
 06/12/2006 05:24 PM

surfn748

I just bought it from our customer for $350...give me what I paid and it's yours!
 06/12/2006 06:39 PM

Sippi

Joined Forum: 03/16/2006

What a steal...just loan me $350.00

-------------------------
Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back.
 06/13/2006 03:47 AM

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

When can I see it? Pretty sure I want it.

Lounge

Life is a garden*Dig it!
 06/13/2006 05:08 AM

surfn748

Wednesday...call Larry at the number listed above...he is in Rockledge.
 06/13/2006 08:00 PM

Sluggo

Joined Forum: 01/10/2006

Hey:
If the Lounge Lizard doesn't want it I'll take a look. Interested.
 05/28/2015 12:11 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Still available?
 05/29/2015 08:51 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Zowie. I will take it if 3rd doesn't.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/29/2015 02:50 PM

surfn748

The post is from 06'.
 05/31/2015 12:11 PM

nsbkook

Joined Forum: 12/07/2011

so does that mean it's not for sale anymore? LOL
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .