Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Photographer needed for cabinet company
Topic Summary: Easy project
Created On: 06/22/2017 06:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/22/2017 06:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cuz

Joined Forum: 04/25/2010

We are looking for a photographer to take pictures of 6 Sample Cabinets and edit them to look true to their color.

I believe this would be a simple task for someone who is knowledgeable with cameras and photo shop.

We could provide the samples to be taken off site if necessary or we can provide the space here at our office.

Feel free to PM, call or text if you have any questions.
321-537-0565

Thanks everyone.
 06/23/2017 04:17 AM

Cuz

I can barter or pay cash if that helps sway any ones decision.
 06/23/2017 11:38 AM

satbch

Joined Forum: 09/19/2006

As a photographer (I have no interest in your project because it's not what I do) you are not going to get any interest in a job if you call it a simple task. You are pretty much saying you are not going to pay them what they are worth. Do you think the money spent on equipment and editing tools and then the countless hours in perfecting their skill isn't valuable? It's like saying I shouldn't have to pay you a fair rate because you already have everything.
Just trying to help you out.
 06/24/2017 08:10 AM

Cuz

Thanks for assuming I wouldn't pay a fair rate because something is simple.

I have already received interest and am sure that the job will be complete soon.

I appreciate the so called help.
 06/24/2017 12:30 PM

J20

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

What a douchey comment satbch....
 06/26/2017 11:44 AM

satbch

Joined Forum: 09/19/2006

I'm sure the professional photographers and hobbyists were clamoring to get the job with a posting like yours. "Easy project" and "I believe this would be a simple task for someone who is knowledgeable with cameras and photo shop." haha
 06/27/2017 05:53 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

In defense of satbch, as a creative professional (Graphic Designer / illustrator) when I hear / see "It should be be a quick / easy job for the right person" I steer clear... as EVERYTIME it has resulted in someone trying to super lowball the job. 

Not saying that's what Cuz's intention was, but I can see where he's coming from as that's what history has always dictated to me as well, and I'm sure most others who've worked for themselves for a period of time.  So for the future, it's prob best not to say that when looking to hire someone

Now if I think it is a quick / easy job I let the client know when I give them an estimate... but let them know if they complicate it and drag out my time they'll pay for it 

06/27/2017 06:26 PM

Cuz

Shouldn't you guys be spending your valuable time on some extensive photo project instead of clarifying how I should hire someone?

Seriously though, plan b broke down what I believe satbch intended to say.

As a business owner and expertise in my own fields I know what you guys mean by someone coming through with a so called easy task.

There's other ways to help a brother out on here besides breaking down how wrong you think I posted for some help.

I'm glad I didn't sucker anyone into thinking it was some extraordinary job and waste their time.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .