Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Evidently worth checking Amazon Warehouse Deals
Topic Summary: Wetsuit, $38.04 including tax. Sometimes weird things happen.
Created On: 03/15/2017 10:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/15/2017 10:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Not a for-sale, but a report on an unlikely bargain at Amazon Warehouse. This was a one-off.  

On the other hand, with this in hand, the closet's overstuffed.  Anyone wanting an xxl or xls, I can probably offer something worthwhile.

West Surfing Products Enforcer 3/2 GBS Long Sleeve Full Wetsuit (Black, XX-Large)

Sold by: Warehouse Deals, Inc

Return eligible through Apr 14, 2017

$35.55

Condition: Used - Very Good - Item has no cosmetic scratches or blemishes. Item has no cracks or dents. Item will come repackaged.

It was repackaged, but came with the original labels attached.  It looked as though it had been folded a bit too long.  

Enforcer was their basic model with Nitro and Lotus being the better ones.  This is a basic back zip 3/2.   

West got into financial trouble in 2011 and persists only as a licenced brand name for a few t-shirts and such.  I suspect Volte may be something of a successor.  

f

Edited: 03/16/2017 at 01:13 AM by ww
 03/16/2017 06:45 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Score!

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 03/16/2017 07:01 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I wouldn't buy a back zip at any price. Chest zip is the only way to go.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/16/2017 10:28 AM

ww

I've picked up a couple of back zips recently.  Fit well, easy on and off.  I'm surprised, especially with my need to get rid of some waistline.

My looking around that led to this one was fueled by a nice 2/2 long sleeve zipperless that's reasonably easy to get on but invariably takes five minutes of meditation and fussing to get off.  

03/16/2017 08:30 PM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

Originally posted by: daner I wouldn't buy a back zip at any price. Chest zip is the only way to go.

Mattuse makes a great back zip wetsuit. Best suit I have ever worn. They have a sewn in sleevless vest that keeps water from coming in by the zipper.  has held up well for two seasons.  still like new. bought it on sale so it was not all that much more then any of the big surfer brands.  Have not seen a WEST wetsuit in a few years. They were kind of popular in and around San Diego a few years back. Not sure what happened.  

03/17/2017 06:34 AM

daner

All you need is one blow open after duck diving to stay away from those suckers. IMO

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/17/2017 09:46 AM

ww

Thanks for the reason to bring a chest zip on a couple of upcoming trips.  Then again, last year, I brought a very nice chest zip all the way to a very nice beach and the zipper stuck.  STUCK! (The manufacturer, a reputable one from San Diego, fixed it).  The backup shorty was inadequate but better than nothing.

03/17/2017 10:57 AM

daner

Get the newer side attached chest zip so you don't have to thread the zipper each time. Prevents some sticking issues.

03/17/2017 11:32 PM

ww

The replacement for the failed zipper, with brand logo removed (the original zipper was also a YKK).  How could it possibly have gotten stuck?

fe

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .