Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Surf Shop Inventory
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/25/2015 08:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2015 08:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rippinsurfer01

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

So here's the deal.

I bought an entire surf shop's soft goods inventory, when it was going out of business, planning to just list things on ebay and sell locally. Life happened, so it sat while I was in grad school. Fast forward 4 years and I do not have the time. So rather than just trying to piece everything off on ebay, or hock it all online, or have a bunch of "sample sales" to turn a profit, I just want my money back out of it.

Wholesale retail value of everything is over $8,200.00, wholesale around $4,000.00. I negotiated everything down to $1,900.00. Over the years, I grabbed a few hats out of it, and 3 pairs of sandals. So I am looking to get $1,800.00 for everything.

A lot of women's clothing and bathing suits. Body Glove, Mar Chiquita, Rygy etc. Men and women's sandals. quiksilver hats, rash guards, roxy belts, backpacks, straw hats, ocean core board shorts, and some hyperflex wetsuits.

This would be great for a surf shop, or someone who has the time to sell everything to turn a profit. Contact me for a complete inventory list.

pauloquinn@gmail.com

-------------------------
Anything the mind can concieve and believe it can achieve
 11/08/2015 07:35 AM

rippinsurfer01

Bump

11/08/2015 07:56 AM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

wouldn't get your hopes up on for someone buying 4 year old surf swag, but I'm not in the surf industry so I may be wrong. Sometimes in central american countries the surf shops have clothes and boardshorts that I remember seeing in our shops a few years back so that may be worth looking into selling it to a shop in central america if no one bites on here, just an idea.

11/08/2015 09:35 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

sent you a pm
 11/08/2015 06:51 PM

rippinsurfer01

Surfmcc32, I disagree. Bikini styles have not changed that much in the last 4 years, and it's not like a quiksilver cap looks that different now than a few years back. If anything, retail prices have gone up. I am not here trying to sell to a Quiet Flight/Catalyst type shop but figured someone at an independent shop, online store, or entrepreneur type might be interested.

Please show some etiquette and if you are not interested, then don't post on another forumer's post and open with, here is why your stuff will not sell. This is especially true if you are not an expert on the matter you are speaking, as you just admitted to not being "in the surf industry". Thanks for your suggestion though.

Thanks for the PM RegularJoe. I replied

Edited: 11/08/2015 at 07:38 PM by rippinsurfer01
 11/08/2015 08:32 PM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

Originally posted by: rippinsurfer01 Surfmcc32, I disagree. Bikini styles have not changed that much in the last 4 years, and it's not like a quiksilver cap looks that different now than a few years back. If anything, retail prices have gone up. I am not here trying to sell to a Quiet Flight/Catalyst type shop but figured someone at an independent shop, online store, or entrepreneur type might be interested.

Please show some etiquette and if you are not interested, then don't post on another forumer's post and open with, here is why your stuff will not sell. This is especially true if you are not an expert on the matter you are speaking, as you just admitted to not being "in the surf industry". Thanks for your suggestion though.

Thanks for the PM RegularJoe. I replied

didn't mean to offend you with the first comment, and I made the post to give the idea of selling out of country. But when you put it like that I can see it selling, I was close minded and thinking only of Mtb, Catlyst, etc. Now that I think about it more sandals, quiksilver hats, rash guards, roxy belts, backpacks, straw hats, ocean core board shorts, and some hyperflex wetsuits from 4 years ago are gonna be pretty much indistinguishable vs todays stuff. 

11/09/2015 01:56 AM

Bev

Joined Forum: 02/14/2015

ha- gd smartalecky know it all college graduates with 0 experience always know how to trip & step on thier di-- in somebody else's house, then haveta apologize for thier di--headedness, ,or not, like some brand new 2nd louie assigned to a combat unit. Educators seem to forget to educate the humility factor for course ending theater.

I give your sh-- 2wks 'til some smart business person finds you and yours, then like 'I dream o' genie',, gone! Best-

11/09/2015 05:16 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I know that you have previously said "No" to ebay, and such, but, , , ,

I have been an ebay "Top Rated Power Seller" and can get you set-up to sell.

Dora Hates You
 11/09/2015 08:03 AM

surfysurfy

Joined Forum: 09/26/2011

Just to think about..  

You stick this on a retailer floor at a shop not open to do business with some of these brands and you will get a letter fairly quickly from the brands lawyer to cease selling. Happens all the time. You have to have retailer seller agreements with a brand to sell their goods. And trust me, the surf industry isnt jamming on all cylinders and you stick these old goods next to a shop that is open with quik or roxy etc, you will definitely ruffle feathers. 

11/09/2015 10:21 AM

UncleFunk

Joined Forum: 08/30/2010

Can you give me an idea of how much you have available? Like, how many pieces of luggage? I have a friend in CR with a surfshop and he comes to FL to pick up gear and resell here, but tries to keep it in a couple of suitcases to avoid heavy intl shipping.

I've got friends coming soon (I live down here also) so may be able to help get it here and arrange a sale. PM me if you want to communicate that way...

11/09/2015 12:07 PM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

Originally posted by: UncleFunk

Can you give me an idea of how much you have available? Like, how many pieces of luggage? I have a friend in CR with a surfshop and he comes to FL to pick up gear and resell here, but tries to keep it in a couple of suitcases to avoid heavy intl shipping.

I've got friends coming soon (I live down here also) so may be able to help get it here and arrange a sale. PM me if you want to communicate that way...

You wereyou're the person I thought of when I read this. You're already on it !:-)

Time and tide wait for no one.....
 11/09/2015 03:44 PM

sneetek

Joined Forum: 09/05/2006

So I would say 2 things.... responding to people that are hating and ill informed on 2nd light is like trying to cure noseeums @ the inlet. it aint happening

2nd... i am sending an email, i may be open to this stuff.

oh and a 3rd just for the hell of it..... just becasue something is 4 or 5 years old in a bikinin does not mean chicks dont want it.. they may have not seen it than or it still looks cool and is a killer deal.

and a 4th since im on it..... HIPSTERS...  their gear has to be at least 5 years old to even qualify as HIPSTER

Email sent

SURFERS SUCK 

SHOOT THEM ONSITE

BICE CREW

04/25/2016 08:06 PM

rippinsurfer01

BUMP I apologize but was very busy with my job when I posted this and did a poor job of following up with those that inquired. If anyone is interested let me know. A little slower now and will def. get back to all inquiries. :-)

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .