Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Shortboard Short Board ( 5'8 5'9 5'10 ) 19 1/3 Rounded Pin
Topic Summary: Sam Barker Stringerless
Created On: 09/28/2014 12:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/28/2014 12:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fly

Joined Forum: 06/09/2013

First things first, I know Al Merrick and Lost are what a lot of people are looking for, due to trusting that it will be a great board. Sam Barker is a disciple of surfboard shaping legend, greg loehr., Is very well educated, very talented, and his boards are some of the best underground boards in the world, and he keeps it that way intentionally. Ask anyone in the Satellite Beach Indian harbor Beach area what the best boards to ride are and the answer is not Al Merrick, it is Sam Barker. They are literally perfected and custom designed for florida waves and are completely up to date and amazing. Landing a Sam Barker board is like getting a limited edition custom bugatti when everyone else is buying honda civics. 

Now about the board. 

It is hand crafted for the waves of florida. Anywhere from Small to Large surf. It is very responsive and quick, riding like your favorite shortboard on a large day, but in all sized surf. It is good for off the bottom vertical surfing in small waves and very tight cutbacks, and loves to be driven down the line towards launch sections and then either doing a driving off the lip or effortlessly punting into the air with a natural abundant feel. It is an ideal board to land a 360 air on, or to hack the lip at high speeds. And is definitely reccomended for advanced surfers. The board is forgiving though, and due to its floatyness can be ridden by anybody providing an excellent board for all surfers, with the added bonus of becoming an excellent progressive surfing stick. 

The truth is is that the board is still in good to great condition, only ridden a handful of times. Honestly. But it might not look brand new out of the shop because I scribbled on the bottom with marker, and doodled on it with splashes of green paint, which makes the board look not as great of condition that it is. This can all be removed, I as the seller could clean the board up. I do not see the doodles as making the board any less amazing, and the art was made from my soul; so leaving it on gives the board character; but if desired, you could request for OR take it off yourself. 

The board is made with special materials that do not delaminate, float very well, flex even better; and if it were to ever get a ding and take in water; putting it out in the sun for a little while would  evaporate the water. I was told that the blank it was shaped on does not even take in water. So it's built to last, with some amazing glassing done.  

It is floaty. I do not have exact specs on this board, but it is above 19"
Wide and around somewhere between 5'8 and 5'11 long. My guess is that it is half an inch or inch thicker than most other short boards in its category.

Will sell to someone who thinks this board is perfect for them. I think it will last a very long time and rip so hard for the right person. Make an offer today! If interested, go ahead and text. (321 - 307 - 5440 )

Located in Melbourne / Satellite Beach/ Melbourne Beach area, I drive to to Juno Beach area on occassion.

Edited: 11/18/2014 at 10:10 AM by fly
 09/28/2014 12:46 PM

fly

I would also consider trading for a decent waterproof camera. 

10/01/2014 10:53 AM

fly

Edited: 10/04/2014 at 12:11 PM by fly
 10/04/2014 12:11 PM

fly

bump 

10/15/2014 09:34 PM

fly

meow

10/16/2014 12:03 PM

Coma

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

I got a nikon waterproof camera i dont use anymore I live in sebastian

10/16/2014 04:44 PM

fly

oooOooo . PM sent

11/03/2014 08:57 PM

fly

Still have board! Willing to sell for low price, make an offer! 

11/18/2014 05:36 PM

fly

O.k I listed a price 

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .