Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 'No (expletive) way! I would never do that': Senator's surprise for Schiff - first-hand testimony of Trump's own words
Topic Summary: I guess this guy is a liar as well???
Created On: 11/19/2019 06:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/19/2019 06:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

'No (expletive) way! I would never do that': Senator's surprise for Schiff - first-hand testimony of Trump's own words
November 19, 2019 | Vivek Saxena

Unlike most of House Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff's witnesses, Senate Homeland Security & Government Affairs chair Ron Johnson has actually spoken in person to President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

And unlike Schiff's witnesses, Johnson, who also serves as the chair of the Subcommittee on Europe and Regional Security Cooperation of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, is wholly confident that Trump's reasons for denying Ukraine military aid over the summer centered solely on his concerns about the country's longtime corruption and were not part of some sinister quid pro quo plot.

As evidence, he submitted an 11-page letter to his colleagues on Monday citing his interactions with both Trump and Zelensky. Of particular note was what he wrote about a phone call he had with the U.S. president on Aug. 31, days before he and Sen. Chris Murphy were slated to travel to Ukraine.

"The purpose of the call was to inform President Trump of my upcoming trip to Ukraine and to try to persuade him to authorize me to tell Zelensky that the hold would be lifted on military aid," Johnson wrote.

But the president remained "consistent in the reasons he cited" for denying the aid, the senator continued, adding that the president was focused on "how thoroughly corrupt Ukraine was" and how the rest of Europe wasn't doing "its fair share of providing military aid."

"He specifically cited the sort of conversation he would have with Angela Merkel, chancellor of Germany," the letter continues. "To paraphrase President Trump: 'Ron, I talk to Angela and ask her, 'Why don't you fund these things,' and she tells me, 'Because we know you will.' We're schmucks. Ron. We're schmucks.'"

After Trump continued the discussion by reportedly listing out all his concerns about corruption, Johnson then asked him "about whether there was some kind of arrangement where Ukraine would take some action and the hold would be lifted."

According to the senator, this question triggered an "adamant, vehement and angry" response.

"Without hesitation, President Trump immediately denied such an arrangement existed," he wrote. "As reported in the Wall Street Journal, I quoted the president as saying, '(Expletive deleted) - No way. I would never do that. Who told you that?' I have accurately characterized his reaction as adamant, vehement and angry - there was more than one expletive that I have deleted."
Read the full letter below:

As additional evidence, Johnson also cited his and other key officials' interactions with Zelensky earlier that summer.

He wrote that after Zelensky was elected Ukraine's president, he and four other Trump administration officials - including then-Energy Secretary Rick Perry - traveled to Ukraine to attend his May 20 inauguration. During that trip, he added, they stressed to Ukraine's new president "the importance of fulfilling the election mandate to fight corruption." However, Zelensky chose to ignore their advice.

"Perry conveyed the delegation concern over rumors that Zelensky was going to appoint Andriy Bohdan, the lawyer for oligarch Igor Kolomoisky, as his chief of staff," his letter continued. "The delegation viewed Bohdan's rumored appointment to be contrary to the goal of fighting corruption and maintaining U.S. support. ... Shortly thereafter, ignoring U.S. advice, Zelensky did appoint Bohdan as his chief of staff. This was not viewed as good news."
Following their trip overseas, the delegation met with Trump on May 23. And during that meeting, he expressed great concerns over the situation in Ukraine.

"He made it crystal clear that he viewed Ukraine as a thoroughly corrupt country both generally and, specifically, regarding rumored meddling in the 2016 election," Johnson wrote.

"[Delegation official Kurt Volker, the former U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine Negotiations] summed up this attitude in his testimony by quoting the president as saying, 'They are all corrupt. They are all terrible people. ... I don't want to spend any time with that.'"

The senator added that he cannot recall the president ever once speaking during the meeting about either Burisma or the Bidens. Congressional Democrats' ongoing impeachment efforts against Trump are rooted in the theory that he conditioned the release of military aid to Ukraine on Zelensky launching an investigation into credible allegations of corruption surrounding former President Joe Biden and the Ukrainian gas firm Burisma.

"I do not recall President Trump ever explicitly mentioning the names Burisma or Biden, but it was obvious he was aware of rumors that corrupt actors in Ukraine might have played a part in helping create the false Russia collusion narrative," Johnson wrote.

The president has and continues to claim that his real concern all along was Ukraine's longtime corruption and - more specifically - the country's alleged interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election on behalf of then-Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton.

Submitted Monday to House Oversight Committee ranking member Jim Jordan and House Intelligence Committee ranking member Devin Nunes, the letter by Johnson seems to dispel many of the concerns and allegations that have been posited by Schiff's witnesses.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 11/19/2019 07:08 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Everyone already knew this, except for progs, of course. This is why the impeachment show has been a bust. The Dems must me looking for a way out of this disaster at this point. It has been a noon for the GOP.

I :heart; Q
 11/19/2019 01:14 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Ronald "McDonald"Johnson is a climate denying clown with a degree in accounting. He's in his middle 60s and showing signs of senility.

tspank assumes wrong about most things but especially when it comes to Americans knowing about what passes as alternate facts in the fetid stench that is the right wing propaganda machine.
 11/19/2019 03:43 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Ronald "McDonald"Johnson is a climate denying clown with a degree in accounting. He's in his middle 60s and showing signs of senility.

tspank assumes wrong about most things but especially when it comes to Americans knowing about what passes as alternate facts in the fetid stench that is the right wing propaganda machine.

You do realize that this is FIRST hand testimony from a VERY credible witness that DISCREDITS all of what your ILK claim....

RIGHT?

It's not second, third or fourth hand as that is what your ILK has paraded before the bull crap kangaroo witch hunt so far.

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/19/2019 04:08 PM

damonsharp

Joined Forum: 10/16/2006

Green sleeves you fed the trolls well. Listen to them eat. Slurp slurp.
 11/19/2019 04:41 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I feel no remorse in repudiating their world view. The Senator in question is an avid climate change denier which makes him an idiot. And anyone that would hang their hood on something he wrote is also an idiot and so on.
 11/19/2019 05:31 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

the prez. mr. Pumpkin, has a history of lying. and a history of changing his story. he may not even know when he's telling the truth.

he should be in a mental institution, or in prison.

it doesn't matter. the senate will look the other way an let him finish his 1st term.

hopefully, he won't get re-elected. he's a disgrace to America.
 11/19/2019 06:42 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

I feel no remorse in repudiating their world view. The Senator in question is an avid climate change denier which makes him an idiot. And anyone that would hang their hood on something he wrote is also an idiot and so on.

Then I guess these numerous individuals are idiots as well?

I do believe the idiot is you!

"Republicans sounded a celebratory note as House Democrats' impeachment inquiry wrapped up another day of public hearings Tuesday evening, saying the day's witnesses had served only to highlight fundamental problems in the case against President Trump.

"Did anyone ever ask you to bribe or extort anyone at any time during your time in the White House?" House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., asked at one point in Tuesday's hearing.

Former National Security Council (NSC) aide Tim Morrison: "No."

U.S. Special Representative for Ukraine Kurt Volker: "No."

Later, Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., hit the same notes in asking the witnesses about Trump's fateful July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky: "Mr. Morrison, you were on that call, and there was no quid pro quo, correct? No bribery? No extortion?"

"Correct," Morrison replied in response to each question.

"And, Ambassador Volker, I presume you got a readout of the call. ... Was there any reference to withholding aid? Any reference to bribery? Any reference to quid pro quo? Any reference to extortion?"

"No, there was not," Volker replied, again and again.

The answers underscored a problem facing House Democrats as their impeachment inquiry continued into its second week of public hearings: As more witnesses have testified, more soundbites have emerged that may help Republicans and the Trump campaign argue that the proceedings were politically motivated theater, long in the works and foreshadowed openly by Democrats for months, if not years."

^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .