Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sane Florida news.
Topic Summary: As opposed to our usual.
Created On: 08/21/2019 04:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/21/2019 04:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

We are ahead in our efforts to disarm the mentally ill and criminally threatening and now we are actually an example for the rest of the country.

http://www.npr.org/2019/08/21/...sidering-red-flag-laws

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/21/2019 04:43 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Nooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just can't be! How in the heck could we be an example for anything decent? This is Floridah.

Dora Hates You
 08/21/2019 04:56 AM

johnnyboy

This is an example of how people can influence politics. Rick Scott saw the headwind he was facing after the the stoneman douglas school shooting. He saw Rubio try to play both sides and minimize his contributions from the NRA. He saw Rubio's thoughts and prayers called out as thoughts that this will go away and prayers for apathy and mass murder murder fatigue to overtake the students and their parents. Scott saw a future as a senator and saw a way to broaden his mass appeal with this law. It was that rare coincidence of the people's needs and the politician's needs. This same context is playing out in other states now and this law, where everyone gets something, is a good law to replicate.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/21/2019 06:54 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Could someone with an RPO still buy a firearm from a private seller?

Although a step in the right direction this does not go far enough. We need to have registered sales with universal background checks - no more private sales without the private seller doing a background check - yes, even if among family members.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 08/21/2019 07:00 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Based on many objective criteria, Florida is one of the best states in the country. That's what you would expect from a state that has been run by Republicans for the better part of two decades. Not sure why you guys who seemingly hate it here insist on hanging around. It is not like we need you or anything.

I :heart; Q
 08/21/2019 07:15 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Based on many objective criteria, Florida is one of the best states in the country. That's what you would expect from a state that has been run by Republicans for the better part of two decades. Not sure why you guys who seemingly hate it here insist on hanging around. It is not like we need you or anything.

Shhhhh, the adults are trying to have a grown-up conversation...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 08/21/2019 07:53 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

How dare you inject facts into a conversation, especially with lib's!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 08/21/2019 07:54 AM

Greensleeves

If it wasn't for the brave and amazing kids rising from the tragic occurrence at their high school nothing would have happened.

And we know how bitter dolts like tspank and spankit feel about young people.

Edited: 08/21/2019 at 07:58 AM by Greensleeves
 08/21/2019 08:21 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Not sure why you pigs who seemingly hate it here insist on hanging around. It is not like we need you or anything.
arf, arf! oink, oink! sez the little jojah schweinhundt.... send him back!
Don't let the gate in the north florida border wall hit ya in the ass emperor porkpoleon

It's a democratic hoax
 08/21/2019 08:47 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: nukeh2o Not sure why you pigs who seemingly hate it here insist on hanging around. It is not like we need you or anything. arf, arf! oink, oink! sez the little jojah schweinhundt.... send him back! Don't let the gate in the north florida border wall hit ya in the ass emperor porkpoleon
I like it here, nuke. All you do, on the other hand, is complain about it. California seems to be your dream locale. I am guessing that you think that you cant make it out there though, right? Well, I think you could. If 60,000 people can tough it out on the streets of LA, so could you. Build up your self-confidence and give it a go.

08/21/2019 08:51 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Pabs, man, you've been pining for the left coast for years, trying to convince yourself that it's terrible. I mean who would want to live in Orange County when they can have a swamp compound in Mims?

You're high on the hog sir.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/21/2019 10:52 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Pabs, man, you've been pining for the left coast for years, trying to convince yourself that it's terrible. I mean who would want to live in Orange County when they can have a swamp compound in Mims? You're high on the hog sir.

08/21/2019 11:19 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Pabs, man, you've been pining for the left coast for years, trying to convince yourself that it's terrible. I mean who would want to live in Orange County when they can have a swamp compound in Mims? You're high on the hog sir.
I could go to California if I wanted to. But I'd take Mims anytime. No swamp. High and dry. Have a couple of ponds stocked with bass and bluegill among other things, though.

08/21/2019 11:41 AM

johnnyboy

But lets be clear, the fact that Florida is ranked what number in nationwide education? We are 27th out of 50?!?!

That happens because the GOP treats education as an expense and not an investment.

Palm Beach County actually voted in a referendum to provide a one cent sales tax for all county schools under the district, which specifically excluded the charter schools siphoning off the ever decreasing tax money slated for their budgets. This actually citizens overruling the GOP and getting around their lies. This was after Rick Scott made the school taxes show up on your property taxes to lie and say he lowered taxes.

This same GOP did not accept Medical Marijuana and fought it on technical aspects to prevent it from happening the same way they did with the restoration of convicted felons voting rights. THe same way they did with the Daubert standard for Personal Injury law.

08/21/2019 11:51 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy But lets be clear, the fact that Florida is ranked what number in nationwide education? We are 27th out of 50?!?! That happens because the GOP treats education as an expense and not an investment. Palm Beach County actually voted in a referendum to provide a one cent sales tax for all county schools under the district, which specifically excluded the charter schools siphoning off the ever decreasing tax money slated for their budgets. This actually citizens overruling the GOP and getting around their lies. This was after Rick Scott made the school taxes show up on your property taxes to lie and say he lowered taxes. This same GOP did not accept Medical Marijuana and fought it on technical aspects to prevent it from happening the same way they did with the restoration of convicted felons voting rights. THe same way they did with the Daubert standard for Personal Injury law.
Education is but one of the factors in the overall quality of life. From an economic and environmental standpoint, we are near the top. In the top tier in infrastructure as well. When you add everything together, we are one of the best states.

08/21/2019 11:53 AM

nukeh2o

Of course porky pug likes it here! So do a lot of other thugs, slime and vermin oozing in from the north
Like, for example: his favorite fuk daddy pig sugar rick. Who did everything he could to allow corrupt non American sugar producers and sleazy out of state developers to pay him. To do anything they pleased.
Or: that other worship idol for the imperial oinkafeller, orange lord almighty comrade loofa!
Yes, they like it here. And do all they can to make it just as foul as from whence they emigrated.
Send them back! It's an invasion of our border! They come here to mooch off of my beloved florida's many natural blessings!
Back to the subject: hopefully progress will be made to stop the gun law loopholes that let these chumpf worshipping extremists, with dozens of flapping red flags:
from buying weapons of mass murder.
Again.....

It's a democratic hoax
 08/21/2019 01:01 PM

tpapablo

You sure do bitch a lot about your beloved Florida. From reading your posts, one would assume that it is one of the foulest places on earth.

08/21/2019 01:22 PM

nukeh2o

What did the little piggy cry: all the way home?

Hopefully these gun initiatives will survive past a single phone call from the corrupt and treasonous leader of the now useless nra.

It's a democratic hoax
 08/21/2019 02:11 PM

Greensleeves

FL gets a $hit rating for being green

Any dope could see FL raped it's environment so a few could make more money

Edited: 08/21/2019 at 02:13 PM by Greensleeves
 08/21/2019 02:45 PM

Cole

There is more brown shit in the Cocoa Beach shore break and I dare you to swim in any fresh water from Orlando south.

Now we are going to have expressways hash up the wilds of inland Florida.

Republicans suck. Don't vote for them unless you like to see trees with eagle nests cut down and tortoises buried under the wheels of urbar sprawl.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Sane Florida news.

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .