Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What????!!!! You expect me to support myself???!!!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/13/2019 05:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/13/2019 05:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

What!!!!???? I walked all the way here and now I don't get a check???!!! Who do I appeal to, the ACLU? NAACP? NAMBLA?

US says will deny citizenship to immigrants who use public benefits

Washington (AFP) - The administration of US President Donald Trump announced Monday new rules that aim to deny permanent residency and citizenship to migrants who receive food stamps, Medicaid and other public welfare.

The new rules threatened to set back the citizenship hopes of millions of mostly Hispanic migrants who work for low wages and depend in part on public services to get by.

It also appeared to close the door for impoverished and low-skilled migrants outside the country hoping to legally obtain a foothold in the United States.

Announcing a new definition of the longstanding "public charge" law, the White House said migrants will be blocked from entering the country if they are likely to need public assistance.

In addition, those already here and using public services will not be able to obtain green cards or US citizenship.

"To protect benefits for American citizens, immigrants must be financially self-sufficient," Trump said in a White House statement.

"Large numbers of non-citizens and their families have taken advantage of our generous public benefits, limited resources that could otherwise go to vulnerable Americans," the statement said.

The ruling could impact some 22 million non-citizen legal residents of the country, and the estimated 10.5 million unauthorized immigrants, most of them-long-term residents.

The White House said that half of all non-citizen households include at least one person using Medicaid, the government-run health program.

It said that 78 percent of households headed by a non-citizen with no more than a high school education use at least one welfare program.

"Through the public charge rule, President Trump's administration is reinforcing the ideals of self-sufficiency and personal responsibility, ensuring that immigrants are able to support themselves and become successful here in America," said Ken Cuccinelli, acting Director of US Citizenship and Immigration Services.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 08/13/2019 05:58 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

They have it backwards, but the premise remains....I'm NOT against immigration, but you shouldnt be able to qualify for public assistance if you're not a citizen in the first place
 08/13/2019 06:12 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Racist!!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 08/13/2019 06:15 AM

Plan B

Don't be an idiot
 08/13/2019 07:00 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Plan B

Don't be an idiot

Ohhhh the left will be screaming racism if that hasn't already started.

FOOL!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/13/2019 07:12 AM

Plan B

Speaking of idiots.... look what the bonita just dragged in.
 08/13/2019 07:19 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"who receive food stamps, Medicaid and other public welfare yes they'd be competing with the twitler supporters.

I wonder what guppy nuzzler bought with his SNAP $ this month?
 08/13/2019 07:26 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves "who receive food stamps, Medicaid and other public welfare yes they'd be competing with the twitler supporters. I wonder what guppy nuzzler bought with his SNAP $ this month?
Then that would be wrong, correct? Or would you prefer that we give benefits to non-Americans instead of Americans? Is that what you are advocating? He is. don't vote for them. They chose to help foreign criminals over Americans.

I :heart; Q
 08/13/2019 07:39 AM

scombrid

The non-citizens aren't on public assistance. Their citizen children are while the non-citizens are working for poverty wages at a chicken processing plant. These people have citizen children that are 15 years old because they'd been picking vegetables/working at the meat packing plant etc... for over a decade. Still waiting for meaningful movement against the employers.

08/13/2019 07:40 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Half the south is on disability.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/13/2019 07:44 AM

Greensleeves

Hey they held a jobs fair at the chicken plant and 30 people showed up.

Did Twitler's $hit talking points get all you hateful remaining supporters goose stepping together?

His big money donors won't like those rules. They will never become law.
 08/13/2019 08:15 AM

tpapablo

Hey they held a jobs fair at the chicken plant and 30 people showed up.
Yep, when you have full employment it is tougher to find employees. For once you are right about something. Trump has been responsible for our great employment numbers, which is making it harder for employers to find jobs. Thus, they have to raise wages. Progs like yourself, don't want this success and are trying to undo it. Don't think the American people will appreciate that.
Did Twitler's $hit talking points get all you hateful remaining supporters goose stepping together?
Never heard of this Twitler. I haven't seen anyone goose stepping either. Have you?
His big money donors won't like those rules. They will never become law.
If you are talking about Trump, most of his campaign donations come from individuals donating small sums. Unlike dems, he is not beholden to big money donors. Big fail on that post, Clayton. But, then, you are used to that. Also, I see that you haven't learned your lesson, you despicable racist. It is bad enough that you hate blacks and hispanics, but it is absolutely monstrous to strip little black children of any hope or chance by siding with white teachers' unions (and their campaign donations) over those innocent black kids' education by sending them to those abysmal inner city schools. You are a real Hitler, Clayton. Hell, I am not even sure Hitler would advocate something like that. I'm sure even he would call you a POS. Clayton, you are going to get that all day today. So enjoy.

08/13/2019 08:27 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

The Republican Party has long been panned by its detractors as the party of big money and big donors -- but donation patterns have changed measurably under President Trump, a Fox News analysis of campaign finance data shows.
Sixty-one percent of money raised directly by the Trump campaign this election cycle came from small donors (donations under $200), according to Federal Election Commission figures.
That is similar to the proportion Trump raised during the 2016 election cycle, when 65 percent of donations were under $200. And this is dramatically higher than previous Republican nominees. Mitt Romney raised 26 percent of his direct contributions from small donations in 2012, and John McCain raised 25 percent from small donations in 2008.

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 08/13/2019 08:27 AM

Greensleeves

tspank thinks is racist and greedy movement is honorable! LOL! It's not! his slipping cognitive skills and loyalty to his orange idol set him up to be a great low level organizer

08/13/2019 08:42 AM

tpapablo

My cognitive skills are sufficient to see the racist code in that post. People like you should be stripped of your citizenship. Tell us, why do you favor white teachers over millions of minority kids and thereby doom them to a substandard life?

08/13/2019 09:39 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: crankit The Republican Party has long been panned by its detractors as the party of big money and big donors -- but donation patterns have changed measurably under President Trump, a Fox News analysis of campaign finance data shows.
Sixty-one percent of money raised directly by the Trump campaign this election cycle came from small donors (donations under $200), according to Federal Election Commission figures.
That is similar to the proportion Trump raised during the 2016 election cycle, when 65 percent of donations were under $200. And this is dramatically higher than previous Republican nominees. Mitt Romney raised 26 percent of his direct contributions from small donations in 2012, and John McCain raised 25 percent from small donations in 2008.
"The Trump Campaign" doesn't pay for all the ads. Most of that is handled through "Super PACs" which are run by the oligarchs.

08/13/2019 09:41 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo Yep, when you have full employment it is tougher to find employees. .
What's the unemployment rate in that part of Mississippi? What was it when all those illegals were recruited by the companies?

08/13/2019 09:47 AM

Greensleeves

Check the news, Cooch takes the motto from the statue of liberty and changes it around. It's their current theme/dog whistle/talking points. We want good immigrants and the democrats want bad immigrants. SO that is idiotic but it's where they are.

As for the Mississippi raids, those people had jobs so they were paying taxes and who knows if they received social services. Probably better individuals than most opioid addicted twitler fan boys.

The GOP is a party of monsters anymore. And not the good monsters like Lady Gaga's army or the energy drink. More like monsters that feed off rotting ideas and their aging flesh gets stinky. Sorry I had to explain that but it's true.
 08/13/2019 09:51 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

If immigrants are freeloaders, why does ICE always raid workplaces?

Edited: 08/13/2019 at 11:21 AM by HAPDigital
 08/13/2019 09:53 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

I immigrants are freeloaders, why does ICE always raid workplaces?

This.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .