Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Another losing policy
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/19/2019 09:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2019 12:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: all3 Should I do the right thing? Or should I try to keep more of my money?
You should do the right thing - give checks to all the black folks that you come across. If the gov't doesn't do it - which they are not - you must still do the right thing, right? Let us know how that goes.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 06/20/2019 01:12 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

yes all3 don't let a good idea, fairness, climate science, the longing to reserve our environment, or being morally just come between you and your money. That ain't the miserly GOP way.
 06/20/2019 01:29 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

yes all3 don't let a good idea, fairness, climate science, the longing to reserve our environment, or being morally just come between you and your money. That ain't the miserly GOP way.

YEAH!

That applies to you to greenjunk.

Better start spewing a boatload of cash!

WE WANT TO SEE THE RECIEPTS TOO!

OR YOUR JUST ANOTHER POS COMMIE DEMOSHIT THAT SPOUTS BULLSHIT ALL DAY LONG!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 06/21/2019 04:42 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: all3

I don't mind paying my share to the government as long as my government does the right thing.

Please explain to me how the government "does the right thing". Barack Obama's family owned slaves and his dad's family wasn't here until after slavery had ended. Does his family pay or receive reparations? Not even a quarter of the people in the South owned slaves. Do all white people have to pay, including whites who immigrated after slavery had been abolished? Do they also have to pay for the sins of their whiteness? What about blacks who immigrated here after slavery had been abolished? Do they get to cash in? Does a black person have to prove they were an ancestor of a slave? Do percentages count? If so, how does that work? If you are deciding who pays and who receives based on skin color alone, how on earth would that be anything other than the definition of a racist policy?

Cash doesn't solve problems. Opportunity solves problems. Affirmative action was already put in place to assist with giving minorities opportunities. The fact that the Democrats are pushing this should be a big indicator that Democrats are concerned that Trump's message that Trump is doing more than just talking about minorities' problems is resonating with minorities. Trump has taken steps towards prison reform, has minority unemployment rates at the lowest points in recorded history, and is working to give them purpose. The Democrats are talking about giving minorities a handout, which will never come to fruition because it is a couple hundred years too late, while the Republicans are actually delivering on giving opportunity and purpose.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 06/21/2019 at 05:19 AM by Sniper
 06/21/2019 06:06 AM

Cole

Opportunity solves problems.

Free or reduced cost education.

I was right.
 06/21/2019 06:55 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I don't mind paying my share to the government as long as my government does the right thing.

I'll be your government!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 06/21/2019 07:05 AM

Greensleeves

stokedp brilliant idea!!

We don't need more parties we need more governments!!

via GIPHY

Edited: 06/21/2019 at 07:07 AM by Greensleeves
 06/21/2019 10:56 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: Sniper
Originally posted by: all3 I don't mind paying my share to the government as long as my government does the right thing.
Please explain to me how the government "does the right thing". Barack Obama's family owned slaves and his dad's family wasn't here until after slavery had ended. Does his family pay or receive reparations? Not even a quarter of the people in the South owned slaves. Do all white people have to pay, including whites who immigrated after slavery had been abolished? Do they also have to pay for the sins of their whiteness? What about blacks who immigrated here after slavery had been abolished? Do they get to cash in? Does a black person have to prove they were an ancestor of a slave? Do percentages count? If so, how does that work? If you are deciding who pays and who receives based on skin color alone, how on earth would that be anything other than the definition of a racist policy? Cash doesn't solve problems. Opportunity solves problems. Affirmative action was already put in place to assist with giving minorities opportunities. The fact that the Democrats are pushing this should be a big indicator that Democrats are concerned that Trump's message that Trump is doing more than just talking about minorities' problems is resonating with minorities. Trump has taken steps towards prison reform, has minority unemployment rates at the lowest points in recorded history, and is working to give them purpose. The Democrats are talking about giving minorities a handout, which will never come to fruition because it is a couple hundred years too late, while the Republicans are actually delivering on giving opportunity and purpose.
Every taxpaying American pays. Black, white, brown, decendant of slave, descendant of founding fathers, new immigrant, whatever. It's part of being a citizen. You take the good with the bad. I would think percentages matter and I'm more about giving them land, maybe a new Homestead act.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 06/21/2019 12:42 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper

Please explain to me how the government "does the right thing". Barack Obama's family owned slaves and his dad's family wasn't here until after slavery had ended. Does his family pay or receive reparations? Not even a quarter of the people in the South owned slaves. Do all white people have to pay, including whites who immigrated after slavery had been abolished? Do they also have to pay for the sins of their whiteness? What about blacks who immigrated here after slavery had been abolished? Do they get to cash in? Does a black person have to prove they were an ancestor of a slave? Do percentages count? If so, how does that work? If you are deciding who pays and who receives based on skin color alone, how on earth would that be anything other than the definition of a racist policy?

Cash doesn't solve problems. Opportunity solves problems. Affirmative action was already put in place to assist with giving minorities opportunities. The fact that the Democrats are pushing this should be a big indicator that Democrats are concerned that Trump's message that Trump is doing more than just talking about minorities' problems is resonating with minorities. Trump has taken steps towards prison reform, has minority unemployment rates at the lowest points in recorded history, and is working to give them purpose. The Democrats are talking about giving minorities a handout, which will never come to fruition because it is a couple hundred years too late, while the Republicans are actually delivering on giving opportunity and purpose.

Every taxpaying American pays. Black, white, brown, decendant of slave, descendant of founding fathers, new immigrant, whatever. It's part of being a citizen. You take the good with the bad. I would think percentages matter and I'm more about giving them land, maybe a new Homestead act.

So descendants of slaves have to pay and then they get money back? Do rich black people get reparations? You going to take money from poor people of all minorities and hand it over to black people, regardless of their economic status, based on something they never had to go through, that happened a couple hundred years ago? That sounds like it will go over well. I think you should try it.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 06/21/2019 02:19 PM

Greensleeves

Jeez do a little research. There is precedence.

The Japanese Americans that we put in camps (who were taxpaying Americans) lost most or all of what they had. Then they were "freed" and payed taxes and some became well to do. Every American citizen internee received a payment.

Yes there was a commission set up to study what to do. Yes they came up with a plan. Yes Ronald Reagan (who if he was alive today would beat twitler's a$$ for being such sad excuse for a man) approved it.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Another losing policy

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .