Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Just another shoot-em-up
Topic Summary: Illinios
Created On: 02/15/2019 01:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/15/2019 01:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"What I saw a guy running down the aisle with a pistol with a laser on it," John Probst said on WLS-TV, a Chicago TV station.

Probst told the anchor that he recognized the shooter, a coworker of his. "He was shooting everybody," he said.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/15/2019 02:08 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This is a true national emergency and the precedent has been set.

I was right.
 02/15/2019 02:48 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

1 dead, 4 wounded is what just was reported, prob will change. reports confused for now, cause just read 4 were officers wounded, the dead guy the shooter. no word on civilians.
 02/15/2019 02:51 PM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole This is a true national emergency and the precedent has been set.
1670 died today from heart disease. much bigger issue
 02/15/2019 05:16 PM

RiddleMe

yup, 5 dead now as more details emerge
 02/15/2019 05:29 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Just another day in the land of free fire.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/15/2019 07:13 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole

Does not mean you ignore the other glaring issue staring in the face of American's for god knows how long now. It'll be another 'thoughts and prayers' nausea fest.

FACT - more guns = more gun deaths. Despite the NRA's pro-slaughter agenda that has worked tirelessy to suppress firearm research, it is out there, and it's in arguable.

Time to enforce the 'well-regulated' part of 2A. It's killing our citizens and it's killing our police officers.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/15/2019 07:15 PM

Cole

I didn't say anything about suicide.

I was right.
 02/15/2019 07:20 PM

wtf

Six cops injured - hopefully none die. Our cops are tired of the NRA pro-slaughter agenda to. Makes their jobs 100x more dangerous. Look no further than Matthew Riehl - policies/law passed by the NRA, er I mean congress allow nuts like this to shoot and kill cops. Thus the NRA=cop killers and NRA=American citizen killers.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/16/2019 04:16 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Again, guns do not kill people. People kill people.

Violence is way too prevalent in society. It cracks me up to watch the network news when they report on a "crime" but tell you that they cannot show the video because it is too graphic. Well, OK I sort of get it. But, then, the network's lead-off prime time show graphically shows some poor slob getting tore to bits-and-pieces, or what not, and that's "OK" because it's "acting".

Sure, I support better background checks and what-not. But the current state of our culture makes all of that moot as long as we let our kids play hours of extremely violent video games and such.

Dora Hates You
 02/16/2019 04:50 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: wtf
Originally posted by: Cole This is a true national emergency and the precedent has been set.
Does not mean you ignore the other glaring issue staring in the face of American's for god knows how long now. It'll be another 'thoughts and prayers' nausea fest. FACT - more guns = more gun deaths. Despite the NRA's pro-slaughter agenda that has worked tirelessy to suppress firearm research, it is out there, and it's in arguable. Time to enforce the 'well-regulated' part of 2A. It's killing our citizens and it's killing our police officers.
didnt say anything about ignoring it, you assumed. point is, if we care about human life then we go after what kills the most people first. there are several things ahead of guns in that aspect. truth is that guns are emotional and political, not about what can save the most lives.
 02/16/2019 04:52 AM

RiddleMe

I didn't say anything about suicide.
dont oversimplify. there is way more to it than choosing death by fork and spoon
 02/16/2019 04:53 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: wtf

Does not mean you ignore the other glaring issue staring in the face of American's for god knows how long now. It'll be another 'thoughts and prayers' nausea fest.

FACT - more guns = more gun deaths. Despite the NRA's pro-slaughter agenda that has worked tirelessy to suppress firearm research, it is out there, and it's in arguable.

Time to enforce the 'well-regulated' part of 2A. It's killing our citizens and it's killing our police officers.

didnt say anything about ignoring it, you assumed. point is, if we care about human life then we go after what kills the most people first. there are several things ahead of guns in that aspect. truth is that guns are emotional and political, not about what can save the most lives.

I disagree, 1,200 dead children is a very, very large problem.

I was right.
 02/16/2019 04:56 AM

RiddleMe

agree it is a problem. disagree with the priority in regards to saving the most lives
 02/16/2019 05:01 AM

wtf

That's a false equivalency. One can be legislated, the other cannot. Both can be done at the same time. This is not an either/or type of thing.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/16/2019 05:05 AM

Cole

agree it is a problem. disagree with the priority in regards to saving the most lives

Yes, how do you regulate gluttony?

I was right.
 02/16/2019 05:06 AM

RiddleMe

no false equivalency. many causal factors of heart disease can be legislated away.
 02/16/2019 05:12 AM

Cole

Can't heart disease be hereditary?

I was right.
 02/16/2019 05:24 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: RiddleMe agree it is a problem. disagree with the priority in regards to saving the most lives
Yes, how do you regulate gluttony?
sarcasm? completely ban smoking. completely ban high fructose corn syrup and other major contributors, force full transparency on food labels and restaurants, ban ultra processed foods, severely cap sugar and salt in food. further regulate food programs for the poor to ensure healthy choices. force schools to provide actual healthy lunches, adequate exercise during the day, and increase education on nutrition. mandate health insurance discounts for maintaining low body fat % and good fitness levels, offset with higher rates for being obese and out of shape without medical reason. legislate increases of funding for research. just a start

Edited: 02/16/2019 at 05:32 AM by RiddleMe
 02/16/2019 05:31 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole Can't heart disease be hereditary?
some congenital heart disease could be legislated away. funding r&d into stopping it in the womb or by preventing the gene from being passed to offspring, something like crispr. of course people get caught up in the scary moral dilemma of playing god. me, not so much, not superstitious. also r&d into using existing congenital cases via similar methods, organ replacement, etc. seems far fetched, but the tech is coming along nicely. ffs a working pancreas has been made, proper insulin secretion and everything. hearts and lungs and others will come too. forgot things like stem cell manipulation, drugs, and other potential treatments, many of them

Edited: 02/16/2019 at 05:32 AM by RiddleMe
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Just another shoot-em-up

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .