Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Well, NY progs chased away the Amazon HQ.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/14/2019 08:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2019 08:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I will admit, however, I would have also been outraged over the corporate give away that induced it to select NYC.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 02/14/2019 09:03 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

tspank I heard desantis landed another 15,000 maid, line cook, and telephone (yes telephone) call center jobs here for FL. FL will pick up the life support services for those people since they won't make a living wage

Yes Bezos is showing himself to be a true enigma - a fighter, a dope about women, he's dirty

He's got a milder version the brain disease Twitler has

Edited: 02/14/2019 at 09:06 AM by Greensleeves
 02/14/2019 09:54 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

The massive tax cut with massive refund shoulda been incentive. To do what, is beyond me.
 02/14/2019 10:38 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves tspank I heard desantis landed another 15,000 maid, line cook, and telephone (yes telephone) call center jobs here for FL. FL will pick up the life support services for those people since they won't make a living wage Yes Bezos is showing himself to be a true enigma - a fighter, a dope about women, he's dirty He's got a milder version the brain disease Twitler has
Good news. How do you know that the people who will take those jobs aren't just picking up extra money to supplement the income of a family's primary breadwinner, working a second job or helping pay for college? What would you rather them do? Sit on their butts collecting welfare? Is welfare a living wage these days?

02/14/2019 11:23 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Some of these people are working two jobs and are still below the poverty line and on welfare. Just sayin...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/14/2019 11:30 AM

3rdworldlover

Amazon required $2.0 Billion in subsidies from taxpayers? Is that true?
 02/14/2019 12:03 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Amazon required $2.0 Billion in subsidies from taxpayers? Is that true?

"The e-commerce behemoth said it would also have created 25,000 high-paying jobs and invested at least $2.5 billion in the New York City area."

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 02/14/2019 12:14 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Well FOXCON went to Wisconsin and said that it would lay a pound of eggs for every two pounds of steak that Wisconsin feeds it. I haven't read the particulars of the Amazon deal.

02/14/2019 12:18 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: scombrid

Well FOXCON went to Wisconsin and said that it would lay a pound of eggs for every two pounds of steak that Wisconsin feeds it. I haven't read the particulars of the Amazon deal.

Who the fuck is FOXCON?

Never heard of it.

Everyone on the PLANET has heard of Amazon.

Comparing apples to oranges will get you nowhere.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 02/14/2019 at 12:23 PM by Fish Killer
 02/14/2019 12:26 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: wtf Some of these people are working two jobs and are still below the poverty line and on welfare. Just sayin...
How do you know?

02/14/2019 12:31 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer
Originally posted by: scombrid Well FOXCON went to Wisconsin and said that it would lay a pound of eggs for every two pounds of steak that Wisconsin feeds it. I haven't read the particulars of the Amazon deal.
Who the fuck is FOXCON? Never heard of it. Everyone on the PLANET has heard of Amazon. Comparing apples to oranges will get you nowhere.
Jajajajajajajajajajaj

02/14/2019 02:20 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: tpapablo I will admit, however, I would have also been outraged over the corporate give away that induced it to select NYC.
Sounds like you're supporting us progs there

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 02/14/2019 03:51 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Trump's next LOL

When America was "great"
 02/15/2019 04:21 AM

Cole

Who the fuck is FOXCON?

Really? Moron.

Headquarters: Tucheng District, Taipei, Taiwan
Revenue: 4.706 trillion TWD (2017)
Number of employees: 803,126 (2017)
Founder: Terry Gou
Subsidiaries: Sharp Corporation, Innolux Corporation, Linksys, MORE
Did you know: Hon Hai Precision/Foxconn is the world's fourth-largest information technology company by revenue. wikipedia.org

I guess Fox didn't cover it because the Trump led Republican deal pretty much sucks.

http://www.theguardian.com/cit...ure-foxconn-to-america

I was right.
 02/15/2019 04:45 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: wtf

Some of these people are working two jobs and are still below the poverty line and on welfare. Just sayin...

How do you know?

The data is out there. Peer reviewed research Berkley Study

Data from states shows thousands of Amazon employees are on food stamps

Quote from a NYT piece -

'And they are not alone. Nearly three-quarters of the people helped by programs geared to the poor are members of a family headed by a worker, according to a new study by the Berkeley Center for Labor Research and Education at the University of California. As a result, taxpayers are providing not only support to the poor but also, in effect, a huge subsidy for employers of low-wage workers, from giants like McDonald's and Walmart to mom-and-pop businesses.'

Like I said - it's ridiculous for Bezos to have this exorbitant wealth while he has full time workers on welfare. Again, I am tired of subsidizing these people when there is no need for it. I am highly surprised people are not more aware of this.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/15/2019 04:50 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

How do you know?

The data is out there. Peer reviewed research http://

]http://laborcenter.berkeley.edu/the-high-public-cost-of-low-wages/">Berkley Study
">http://laborcenter.berkeley.ed...-cost-of-low-wages/[/S

Data from states shows thousands of Amazon employees are on food stamps

Quote from a NYT piece -

'And they are not alone. Nearly three-quarters of the people helped by programs geared to the poor are members of a family headed by a worker, according to a new study by the Berkeley Center for Labor Research and Education at the University of California. As a result, taxpayers are providing not only support to the poor but also, in effect, a huge subsidy for employers of low-wage workers, from giants like McDonald's and Walmart to mom-and-pop businesses.'

Like I said - it's ridiculous for Bezos to have this exorbitant wealth while he has full time workers on welfare. Again, I am tired of subsidizing these people when there is no need for it. I am highly surprised people are not more aware of this.

It was basically Bernie Sander's whole platform, to get these lavish slave drivers to pay a living wage.

Edited: 02/15/2019 at 04:52 AM by HAPDigital
 02/15/2019 08:16 AM

wtf

And this is just in, Amazon had $11B in profits and paid ZERO in taxes. In fact they received a credit last year of $129M. Multiply that by a multitude of huge corps - this isn't rocket science.

"But even though Trump previously blasted Amazon for its limited state taxes - a single presidential tweet caused the company's shares to fall by 9% - ITEP notes that its non-existent federal tax payment is a result of the Trump Administration's corporation-friendly tax cuts. The think tank writes that the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act not only decreased corporate tax rates from 35% to 21%, but it also didn't close "a slew of tax loopholes that allow profitable companies to routinely avoid paying federal and state income taxes on almost half of their profits."

How is that not f'd up?

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 02/15/2019 08:22 AM

Greensleeves

And yet Bezos can't afford a decent PI to tell him the woman (and her brother!?!) he is sending d$%k pics too is sketchy to say the least?

Too bad this guy isn't available... RIP baby

Edited: 02/15/2019 at 08:22 AM by Greensleeves
 02/15/2019 08:50 AM

tpapablo

I imagine this episode will have an impact down the road. No company in their right mind would want to set up shop in NYC now. That's a good thing. Florida will keep getting more and we will all prosper. Who gives a damn about those NY progs? I, for one, will thoroughly enjoy the continued deterioration of NY, California and the other prog states. Progs need a good lesson.

02/15/2019 08:55 AM

Greensleeves

Why does Tspank adore sell outs?
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .