Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Michael Franti's letter to Nazi Youth Catholic School leader.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/21/2019 12:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/21/2019 12:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Dear Principal Rowe,

Thank you for taking a moment to read and respond to this letter. I address you with the utmost respect, in hopes that it may lead to an educational moment for the boys at your school who were seen taunting and ridiculing Nathan Phillips, an Omaha man who also served the United States in the Vietnam War.

I wish to convey my sadness, anger and outrage at the disrespect shown around the world in the numerous videos I watched today by the young men who were alleged to be students at your school.

The United States of America sits today on what was once (and in many places still is) recognized as sovereign First Nations land. Some would say that all of America's land is under colonial occupation, as it was stolen in war and through broken treaties. My family are descendants of the Nottoway tribe, from the mountains of Virginia, slaves from the same state, as well as European/Americans who were once slave owners.

The USA is made up of many people like me who have mixed ancestry riddled with pain and triumph. One of the things that I was taught by my parents and grandparents was to respect the traditions and culture of those different than ourselves, as we would expect and hope that they do in return.

The example your students set was so disrespectful, that I can only hope it is not indicative of the values of your school.

The image of the young man standing in the face of Mr. Philips is so disturbing it will leave an indelible imprint in the soul of America. One so graphic that it will be seen in documentaries about this era in American life for as long as the Kent State protestors have remained in history as the young man placed a flower in the barrel of a National Guardsman's rifle flew across news stories around the globe.

Unfortunately, one will be remembered as a show of peace in a time of war and the other as a show of arrogance and disrespect in a time of peace, towards a veteran who ironically put his life on the line in that very war.

I am curious what was going through the mind of that young man and hope that he and others will stand together to let First Nations people, Americans of all walks and people around the globe, know exactly what was going through his thoughts.

I hope the school and parents take this opportunity to invite people to come teach Native American history, to show the boys why this behavior was reprehensible in any situation and will hold them publicly accountable. It would be fitting for each of the boys involved to speak at a press conference and invite Native American leaders to the school so there can be a process of teaching, healing and atonement. A press release from the administration of the school is not nearly enough. Not hearing from the youth involved is a condonation of their actions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and personally respond, I am certain this event weighs heavily on your soul and I hope your students walk away from this experience having made amends to Mr. Phillips, others they have hurt and continue in life as evolved young men and positive examples of leadership for the next generation of students in your community.

In Respect, Michael Franti
Father, Musician, Film Maker
 01/21/2019 12:37 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

And libtard idiot!

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/21/2019 12:51 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Look....it's another prog democrap communist spouting off that the mouth before all the FACTS came out!

Are yall sure that this creep isn't an alias on this forum?

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 01/21/2019 01:39 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Bunch of racist HS kids from kentucky, just your kind you racists fags. fuck them and fuck you maga fags too. it's nice you washed up old racist fart are dying off - good riddance...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/21/2019 01:44 PM

Fish Killer

Michael Franti is a Nazi.

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/21/2019 01:49 PM

wtf

You and trumps base are a bunch of racist nazis. Like I have said to you and any racist out there, step up to me and my brown kids/wife, we'll see what's up, pussies...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/21/2019 01:58 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: wtf

You and trumps base are a bunch of racist nazis. Like I have said to you and any racist out there, step up to me and my brown kids/wife, we'll see what's up, pussies...

The racist Nazi is YOU!

Better get your facts straight as your version was flushed down the toilet yesterday!

Fool!

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...-yu069BapY9cTXgiAmdHwo

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/21/2019 at 01:58 PM by Fish Killer
 01/21/2019 04:27 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Michael Franti. A smart man.

I was right.
 01/22/2019 05:16 AM

SlimyBritches

I'm 6'5" 225. When I'm around some Trumpite getting ready to rant about Mezzicans, I step up really close, looking down on them, and whisper in their ear, I have loved ones named Gomez, please continue."
 01/22/2019 05:16 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Dora Hates You
 01/22/2019 05:18 AM

SlimyBritches

Originally posted by: Cole

And a real humanitarian. He set up a coffee coop for growers in Indo to keep them from being screwed by "Job Creators". Also started Soles for Souls to put shoes on underprivileged people., or "Takers".
 01/22/2019 05:21 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...n-with-native-american

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/22/2019 05:22 AM

Fish Killer

http://www.bizpacreview.com/20...tEVP0s3nRshIlfic74Jm_c

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/22/2019 06:33 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

I'm 6'5" 225. When I'm around some Trumpite getting ready to rant about Mezzicans, I step up really close, looking down on them, and whisper in their ear, I have loved ones named Gomez, please continue."

That's classic!

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/22/2019 07:12 AM

Fish Killer

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/22/2019 08:12 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: wtf Bunch of racist HS kids from kentucky, just your kind you racists fags. fuck them and fuck you maga fags too. it's nice you washed up old racist fart are dying off - good riddance...
bro, why are you so homophobic?
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .