Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The GOP strategy.
Topic Summary: Tax cuts, deficit rise, spending cuts, and ultimately gutting medicare, social security, medicaid, SNAP, etc.
Created On: 10/18/2018 06:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/18/2018 06:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

As our population gets older, the need for social security and medicare, Medicaid,etc, becomes more expensive. It gets funded with tax revenues, taxes that GOP want to limit or stop. Their objective is kill the entitlements. Their strategy is to drive up the deficit and then use that deficit cut the spending on these programs. Its not a secret because the strategy is very public, cut spending and lower taxes. The objective, killing the entitlements, however, is very well hidden behind the strategy. The over 50 demographic votes in the highest numbers and they are still clinging to an image of trump like a red state grandma keying a tesla on her way out of the Obamacare doctor's office. The deficit spike should make this clear.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/18/2018 06:48 AM

Cole

Yep, they are having the Middle Class pay for our own demise.

Same can be said for the killing off of unions and organization; workers with no voice are far less expensive. We now have a poor working class in the US and labor costs are beginning to match those overseas.

Spread the hate, get the blind vote, reap the benefits.

I was right.

Edited: 10/18/2018 at 06:49 AM by Cole
 10/18/2018 07:19 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy As our population gets older, the need for social security and medicare, Medicaid,etc, becomes more expensive. It gets funded with tax revenues, taxes that GOP want to limit or stop. Their objective is kill the entitlements. Their strategy is to drive up the deficit and then use that deficit cut the spending on these programs. Its not a secret because the strategy is very public, cut spending and lower taxes. The objective, killing the entitlements, however, is very well hidden behind the strategy. The over 50 demographic votes in the highest numbers and they are still clinging to an image of trump like a red state grandma keying a tesla on her way out of the Obamacare doctor's office. The deficit spike should make this clear.
Well, that is a one poor analysis. I see why progs gum up everything they attempt. The goal is to boost the economy, which has happened. The stronger the economy, the better we can fund entitlements. That said, entitlements must be reformed. SS and Medicare are going broke. We have known that was going to happen for several decades. The difference between the GOP and dems is that the GOP wants to do something about it. Dems simply pretend everything is ok.

I :heart; Q
 10/18/2018 07:52 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Ever look at your pay stub? Is there a deduction for SS and Medicare?

How are these "entitlements"?

Fine, stop deducting those from my pay and give back with interest all that I have paid in. I'll finance my own retirement and healthcare.

Basically these are mandatory insurance policies.

With all the rapid improvement in healthcare, the cost will decrease significantly within 10-20 years.

Repugs are "conservative". That is bullshit code for regressive evils sobs that believe we should all live like its the 1950s. ( Except for those in criminal organizations, WHO WILL TRY TO GET RICH AT THE EXPENSE OF ANY ONE ELSE)

Of course then there are the deplorables. FK, KKK, tampon, ignorant dipshits who suck up the MAGA hate propaganda. Slaves to the mob.

"red and black flag, red and black flag "( otep)

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/18/2018 02:39 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

A middle class, working family who votes Republican is a mystery to me.

Why vote against our own best interests for the benefit of the elites (job creators, LOL)?
 10/18/2018 05:12 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

If you are like Tpap, and you are so completely consumed with your self-created "progs" boogeyman... you would do anything to "get them" including convincing yourself that you aren't taking a Tangerine Torpedo up the poop chute..

L

O

L

When America was "great"
 10/19/2018 04:44 AM

johnnyboy

Whats interesting is that this is not Trump's idea at all. This is one of those rare bones that Trump throws Mcconnell to keep him and the tattered remains of the GOP behind him. Trump is not capable of this kind of long range, goal oriented attack. This is all McConnell and he has been waiting to sneak this in and use Trump after all this time of having to rationalize and justify all of Trump's antics. Trump just needs to keep going with the deficit and the need for more defense and within a year, the deficit will be THE problem, and the GOP will provide the only solution, cutting the entitlements as if these chicken hawks can morph into deficit hawks. Fiscal responsibility is necessary now, for real reasons, not as a ploy to kill the kind of programs that have always made America great.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .