Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Take a deep breath beachside residents, and
Topic Summary: Vote Rick "Red Tide" Scott
Created On: 10/16/2018 05:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/16/2018 05:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I didn't feel like polluting the the surf page thread with this; but, this is what happens when you gut the Department of Environmental Protection and misspend the taxpayers Amendment 1 conservation money. Would either of those prevented this red tide; probably not. But it sure doesn't help anything. Deep breaths now.

-------------------------
add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 10/16/2018 05:43 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

We are a Red state after all.

I was right.
 10/16/2018 06:56 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Personally I like "Green Slime Scott " (Snot)....
 10/16/2018 07:51 AM

tpapablo

Just so happens that I voted for Scott today. Very timely post, Tom. Now, let's address prog propaganda. Scott isn't responsible for red tide. We have had red tide ever since I began living in Florida. Earlier outbreaks have been every bit as bad, if not worse. And, as I have documented, it has been around since before the Spanish explorers set foot in Florida. As Tom says, it is doubtful that anything Scott did changed anything. Are humans contributing? I'd guess that we are. But, if it existed in the 1400's when Florida had, maybe, 10,000 residents, it is damn sure going to happen when we have 21 million. And there is little anyone can do about it. If anyone thinks that red tide is a thing of the past if Gillum is elected, you are going to be sadly disappointed. One thing that I can guarantee, however, is that if Gillum is elected and even a smidgen of red tide comes our way, I will be loudly and frequently condemning Gillum for ruining our environment (since, after all, red tide is solely the fault of whoever happens to be governor at the moment). And progs will defend shrilly defend him, blaming old white men, no doubt.

I :heart; Q
 10/16/2018 08:07 AM

johnnyboy

Tpapsmear translation: We've had politicians lying in Florida ever since I have lived here, earlier liars were just as bad if not worse (not really but I too will lie to make my point). I doubt that Scott did anything that could have caused such a normal, natural and foreseeable plague, despite the fact that eutrophication and pollution that Scott had deliberately marginalized, overlooked, and flat out lied about has been documented as the cause. This natural occurrence was inevitable with the huge population and any regulations and rules that would have prevented it are anti business big government that should be castrated as these trustworthy industries police themselves. If Gillum is elected, I will promptly engage in a double standard and hold him personally liable for all of the things that I am currently excusing Red Tide Rick for. As a worm (white, old, republican male), I will avoid the sunlight and keep digging in the dirt.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/16/2018 08:11 AM

Greensleeves

Things influencing Tspank's vote:

1. short event horizon
2. pickled brain
3. scared of anyone not old and white and male

Edited: 10/16/2018 at 08:18 AM by Greensleeves
 10/16/2018 08:15 AM

Plan B

Originally posted by: tpapablo Just so happens that I voted for Scott today. Very timely post, Tom. Now, let's address prog propaganda. Scott isn't responsible for red tide. We have had red tide ever since I began living in Florida. Earlier outbreaks have been every bit as bad, if not worse.
Can you recite green slime events that SFL has experienced like they have the past few years? (and anyone who has disamantled environmental protections the way Scott has in recent memory? ) Also, since you obviously dont give a shit about the environment.... how about integrity? (The dude is a total crook and a liar)
 10/16/2018 08:16 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Bam: squealblo, of the famous marinara sisters comedy act, right on cue, fellating pig sugar, pill mill, redtide, governor algae scott.
He's doing a fine job.
Of rape pillage and plunder of our natural resources. Of profiteering off of voter mandated everglades cleanup funds. Of taking huge bribes and payoffs from the polluters. First big rain and all the festering record breaking amounts of blue green algae will be dumped to both coasts. Again. It has already shut down the caloosatchee estuaries in fort myers, estero, and naples.
Rigged hurricane cleanup payments to go to his fukboys, at taxpayer expense.
Profiteered on the opiate calamity after defrauding medicare and healthcare in this state to a record extent
Single handedly destroyed the movie industry in this state.
By far the most corrupt governor, or politician in this state's history......

But: whhheeeeee!! sez that ignorant lil oinkin' fella.
Now run along and play with your sarah palin raft goober boy, and have a nice bowl of dead sealife cioppino to celebrate.
oh yeah: duuuhhhhhhh...........

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 10/16/2018 at 08:20 AM by nukeh2o
 10/16/2018 08:37 AM

tpapablo

Got some bad news for you progs. Florida ranked #1 on environment. Looks like we are doing just fine. Now, if you really want to see a shit hole, go out to California, which is #44. Hell, that well-known garden spot, New Jersey, was rated substantially higher than California. What a bunch of deluded fools. But we already knew that. How's that Russian mafia conspiracy going, nuke? Hahahahaha!

10/16/2018 08:52 AM

tom

Please note that the US News and World Report article ranks 1) drinking water, 2) industrial pollution, 3) health risk from pollution and 4) urban air quality. None are applicable to our eutrophic IRL, or the current red tide. Unfortunate misdirection.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 10/16/2018 09:03 AM

Greensleeves

Do you think the environmental score is based on self policing activities of the state? Because we know FL pours so much money into ensuring our environment is nice and that residents follow regs... Right?

Another idiotic part of the survey is that it states: "Not included are pollution from agriculture, transportation and small facilities such as dry cleaners and autobody shops." OK...

Can you imagine having Tspank represent you in a legal proceeding? Jeez roll the dice on that one

Edited: 10/16/2018 at 09:04 AM by Greensleeves
 10/16/2018 09:11 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

The last 10 years are the worst the IRL has ever seen! And the last time we had red tide it masked one of our most influential locals heart problems!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/16/2018 09:55 AM

Greensleeves

If they are such $hitty stewards of our environment what makes them smart about anything else?
 10/16/2018 10:13 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

it is doubtful that anything Scott did changed anything.

1. Cutting $700 million from local water management districts.
. He cut the budgets of water management districts that control sites such as the Everglades and the Indian River Lagoon by $700 million - eliminating more than 300 positions from the South Florida Water Management District alone.

. He axed $150 million from the DEP's budget and placed former shipyard executive Herschel Vinyard in charge with Jeff Littlejohn, whose father runs a Tallahassee lobbying firm, as second-in-command.

. He dismantled the Department of Community Affairs, the $800-million-per-year state agency that monitored development, calling it a "job killer" that stymied business.

. He ended an initiative begun under Jeb Bush in 2001 to protect the state's thousand-plus springs. The initiative had spent more than $25 million before it was defunded.

2. Letting septic-tank owners pump actual shit into public waterways.

In 2010, the Legislature passed a law requiring septic tank owners to get an inspection every five years to make sure they weren't polluting. But septic tank owners rebelled, and two years later legislators repealed the inspections.

The 2012 repeal, signed into law by Gov. Rick Scott, was spearheaded by former Sen. Charlie Dean, R-Inverness. Now, looking at all the algae blooms, he's not sure that was the right move.

3. Slashing water-quality standards and letting industrial companies dump more cancer-causing chemicals into rivers.

Under the proposal, the acceptable levels of toxins will be increased for more than two dozen known carcinogens and decreased for 13 currently regulated chemicals. DEP, however, touted the part of the plan that will impose new rules on 39 other chemicals that are not currently regulated, including two carcinogens.

The dozens of chemicals are among those released by oil and gas drilling companies (including fracking operations), dry cleaning companies, pulp and paper producers, nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants and agriculture. Many of these industries support the new rule but the pulp and paper producers said told the commission the measure was too restrictive.

4. Opposing stricter federal water-quality standards.

miami times

what could possibly go wrong?

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 10/16/2018 at 10:17 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 10/16/2018 10:51 AM

tpapablo

No. 1 in environment, folks. Who was it who said that some people can't handle the truth. You folks should be going after Jerry Brown, not Scott. But you won't be. Since Brown is a dem, he can get away with presiding over one of the worst states. Conversely, if Scott had been a dem, you would be praising him. You can only lie so many times, before everyone stops believing you. That time has arrived for progs.

10/16/2018 10:59 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Since Brown is a dem, he can get away with presiding over one of the worst states. Conversely, if Scott had been a dem, you would be praising him.

Nope. I ain't the one. I call it as I see it and Scott fucked us plain and simple. Thankfully both of the (likely) candidates for gov this term seem a little more reasonable, at least fuktard Putnam was knocked out early.

edit:
I'm not sure if you just didn't notice or chose to turn a blind eye, but Tom (author of this thread) and I both work in the water/natural resources field (as well as others) and both of us are fairly moderate, especially on this board.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 10/16/2018 at 11:03 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 10/16/2018 11:04 AM

Plan B

Originally posted by: tpapablo You can only lie so many times, before everyone stops believing you.
Exactly..... at this stage the only people that would actually vote for Scott for ANYTHING ever again is 1) a blindly partisan "Logo voter" 2) someone in cohoots with his shady dealings 3) and absolute idiot

Edited: 10/16/2018 at 11:04 AM by Plan B
 10/16/2018 11:09 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Plan B
Originally posted by: tpapablo You can only lie so many times, before everyone stops believing you.
Exactly..... at this stage the only people that would actually vote for Scott for ANYTHING ever again is 1) a blindly partisan "Logo voter" 2) someone in cohoots with his shady dealings 3) and absolute idiot
Who cares? But, anyway, Florida has the # 1 environment. Thanks, Rick. Good job.

10/16/2018 12:05 PM

3rdworldlover

There's no doubt the frequency and extent are both increasing, attributable to rapidly rising water temps as well as reckless management of nutrient pollution from farms, golf courses, backyards and septic systems. Shame on the deregulation mindset and all the heads in the sand refusing to see CO2 pollution is already resulting in obvious and severe ecologic and economic impacts.
 10/16/2018 01:03 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover There's no doubt the frequency and extent are both increasing, attributable to rapidly rising water temps as well as reckless management of nutrient pollution from farms, golf courses, backyards and septic systems. Shame on the deregulation mindset and all the heads in the sand refusing to see CO2 pollution is already resulting in obvious and severe ecologic and economic impacts.
Well, then, that is Obama's fault. He failed to cool the seas. Vote against dems, the destroyers of our environment.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .