Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Who is anti-science?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/10/2018 01:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/10/2018 01:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Progs. Unless the science validates their crazy ideology. null

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 09/10/2018 01:57 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

FAKE NEWS!

When America was "great"
 09/10/2018 02:48 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Oh now thaats just genuinely funny:
progblow-er weighs in on science........
hmmph. mmmmph.....BUUHHWAAAHAAHHHHH!!!
Porkafella is killin us with his comedy shtick again.
Clean up on aisle florida water resources, floor maintenance engineer goober boy.
Next thing he'll claim knowledge on legal matters.......

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 09/10/2018 at 04:57 PM by nukeh2o
 09/10/2018 04:14 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Progs?

Sure pal, have another.

There is no way you believe half the shit you say.

I was right.
 09/10/2018 05:22 PM

nukeh2o

Pigblo surf music:
"when he gets to prog city he'll be eatin some dick.
And checkin out the parties for an inflateable chick."
The backyard swamp surf spot could get some real waves this week oinky dora!
I suggest the liberal california "girlfriend" model, west coast model
We're all followers on your swinetube channel

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 09/10/2018 at 05:26 PM by nukeh2o
 09/10/2018 07:21 PM

3rdworldlover

Recently drove through the Carolinas, and sandwiched between all of the Waffle Houses and other Ya'll Qaeda billboards were anti-evolution theory billboards, weirdest damn thing.
 09/11/2018 06:31 AM

tpapablo

From the above comments, we can see that progs are anti-intelligence too. Guess it is not surprising that they are anti-science.

09/11/2018 07:56 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

////// Incoming Transmission From The Centre ////////

... post the opposite of whatever anyone else says, regardless of how asinine ...

{{{ Maintain Current Status of Forum Douchebag }}}}

;;;; Do NOT -- Repeat -- Do Not attempt to pronounce or spell the word "Ananonomonomousss" ;;;;

{{{ Double down on Current Status as Forum Douchebag }}}}

///// End Transmission ////

When America was "great"

Edited: 09/11/2018 at 07:57 AM by fishkller
 09/11/2018 08:14 AM

nukeh2o

L.ie
S.pin
D.istract
and then: simply make sit up.......genius!

It's a democratic hoax
 09/11/2018 09:40 AM

johnnyboy

In answering your question, the people against science are the industries where science provides the proof that those industries are detrimental to the environment. Oil, mining, sewage, fertilizer runoff from farms, you know.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/12/2018 04:37 AM

Cole

Ah hell, what's a few more carcinogens in our drinking water...

I was right.
 09/12/2018 07:16 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy In answering your question, the people against science are the industries where science provides the proof that those industries are detrimental to the environment. Oil, mining, sewage, fertilizer runoff from farms, you know.
Well, one semi-intelligent response. One out of eight. Pretty good percentage for a group of progs. One thing for you to consider is that oil, mining, sewage fertilizer and farm run off exist because of consumers like us. If you stopped buying things generated from those sources, the problem would be solved. Now, you would have to live in a cave and a good part of the world's population would die, but the pollution problem would be solved. So, why don't you guys do your part, renounce modern conveniences and start looking for a good cave.

09/12/2018 07:29 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Or you could not be so dramatic in your cave dweller response. There are ways to do thing better, cleaner, and greener. We will have to pay for it, but it is better than the alternative.
 09/12/2018 07:55 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo One thing for you to consider is that oil, mining, sewage fertilizer and farm run off exist because of consumers like us.
Yes, the "rational actor" maximizes short term economic returns. This usually results in negative externalities. Sometimes those become problematic; acid rain, destructive eutrophication, the ozone hole... So we voted for people that wrote NEPA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, etc... We quit dumping raw and partially treated sewage in Tampa Bay and the water quality there is now better than it was in 1985 even though the population has grown. A cap and trade program was developed for sulfur. Lakes in the Adirondacks that were sterile in 1980 now support aquatic life again even though The Heartland Institute via its mouthpiece Rush Limbaugh argued that the acid rain was natural and that the lakes just became sterile as a natural progression of nature.
If you stopped buying things generated from those sources, the problem would be solved. Now, you would have to live in a cave and a good part of the world's population would die, but the pollution problem would be solved. So, why don't you guys do your part, renounce modern conveniences and start looking for a good cave.
That is a heck of a leap. I don't think that upgrading the waste water system in Brevard County to stop the anthropogenic loading of nutrients to the lagoon and stopping the over-application of south Florida sewage sludge in the St. Johns Basin amounts to all that you suggest. I can personally make our 0.38 acres in Sherwood Forest a nutrient sink. But a handful of do-gooders can't offset the average "rational actor" in a situation where collective action is needed to protect the commons. Were that the case then there never would have been a need for a Clean Air Act or a Clean Water Act.

09/12/2018 08:41 AM

tpapablo

Yes, we can take measures that fall short of shutting down whole industries. We conservatives are all for sewage treatment and the like. And when other problems emerge, such as red tide, we want to deal with them in a responsible manner. The same cannot be said for all progs, e.g., Obama and Clinton stating their intention of shutting down the coal industry.

09/12/2018 08:56 AM

nukeh2o

We conservatives are all for sewage treatment and the like. And when other problems emerge, such as red tide, we want to deal with them in a responsible manner.

huuuhhhhh guh guh guh. Oh man, please stop, yer killin me with this stuff. A regular riot alice.
Next thing he'll say rick scott's doing a fine job, and he knows more about science than anyone.
Stand up comedy at it's finest.....

"We are brainwashed sheep and infatuated with youtube video douche bags. Well, thanks guys for the insightful and undoubtedly expert analysis of my psyche. I never knew that about myself. I will work on that."

I Putin

It's a democratic hoax
 09/12/2018 09:31 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo We conservatives are all for sewage treatment and the like.
Really? Is that why Scott and the Republican legislature have completely blocked all measures to upgrade from septic to advanced water treatment here in FL. Is that why they passed the "Okeechobee Rule" for south Florida sewage sludge in the Kissimmee Basin and then looked the other way when it was just trucked up here and dumped willy nilly in the St. Johns? Is that why they cut the hell out of DEP and stall stall stall on developing TMDLs and implementing BMAPs? How about Amendment I money not being spent to build areas south of Lake Okeechobee to store and clean excess lake water that is carry excess Kissimmee River and legacy nutrients? Why are there still 100s of 1000s of septic tanks barfing into the shallow aquifer and estuaries that have been experiencing severe algae blooms well before the year 2018 disaster?
Obama and Clinton stating their intention of shutting down the coal industry.
Just make them pay a dollar value for the mercury, valley fill, acid mine drainage, and other air pollution and see if they remain economically viable against gas, solar, wind, hydro, etc...

09/12/2018 09:36 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo We conservatives are all for sewage treatment and the like.
I don't think you are. I have been reading GOP/Heartland Institute propaganda for years. Acid Rain is a hoax. Ozone hole is a hoax and CFCs are harmless. Coastal eutrophication is just a liberal plot against agriculture. Hell, Scott sent Bondi (actually Mosaic sent Bondi) to Washington to block the Chesapeake Bay agreement. From my early days listening to Rush Limbaugh as he read the daily Heartland Institute ticker (back in the 1980s) its always been the same.

09/12/2018 09:59 AM

spindrift

Joined Forum: 10/28/2016

spindrift

Edited: 09/12/2018 at 10:02 AM by spindrift
 09/12/2018 12:47 PM

tpapablo

Acid rain was a hoax. Good thing you have us conservatives around to stop all this nonsense.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Who is anti-science?

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .