Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jobs + 200,000. And wage growth 2.9%
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/07/2018 07:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/07/2018 07:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

This will depress progs.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 09/07/2018 09:05 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Oh now the geezers trust the stats from the BLS. The whole Obama administration where unemployment was cut in half they puzzled over the numbers they now accept as gospel. It must be a confusing world to them. Hey did you hear? Maddog Mattis says the hero of GOP sacks has the understanding of a "5th or 6th grader". Par for the course for the righty diabetics posting on this forum.
 09/07/2018 09:18 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Thanks Obama!

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 09/07/2018 10:25 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: fishkller Thanks Obama!
I will second that. Obama has done a lot of good for the country since leaving office. Too bad that we can't give him the bum's rush more than once. We'd be set. fishkiller, what happened to your Trump/Russian collusion graphic? Did it finally occur to you that it made you look like a fool? Well, you weren't the only one. But looks like all the NSR Russian conspiracy progs have now seen the error in their ways and now are trying to remove all traces of their lunacy. I told you guys that I'd make you look like fools and, as is my practice, I came through.

09/07/2018 11:15 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

LOL

Just keep telling yourself you're enjoying all the "winning".. it might feel true.

btw- it might be time to tell your hero Agent Orange to "take to the sea!"

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
 09/07/2018 11:40 AM

3rdworldlover

When wage growth is outpaced by inflation, is that a good thing?

This is the first year I've started feeling like getting behind since about 2013, insurance and other necessities are up and paychecks the same.
 09/07/2018 12:04 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover When wage growth is outpaced by inflation, is that a good thing? This is the first year I've started feeling like getting behind since about 2013, insurance and other necessities are up and paychecks the same.
A lot better than the wage growth under Obama, which was horrible.

09/07/2018 12:19 PM

Greensleeves

What a liar. Wondering if the factless one experienced wage growth under the previous administration...
 09/07/2018 03:29 PM

Cole

The jobs report for the last two months was revised down by 50,000 jobs, manufacturing - Trump's baby - lost 6,000 jobs and the rise in wage growth was countered by 3% inflation.

Next.

P.S. Let us not forget this ditty.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I was right.
 09/07/2018 03:45 PM

Greensleeves

Oh they won't let their elementary grasps on economics or what honesty and patriotism are get in their way of loving their reality show real estate developer god.
Maddog - he has the "understanding of a fifth or sixth grader."
 09/08/2018 09:04 AM

Cole

I wonder why Fox news quit showing the debt clock?

I was right.
 09/10/2018 07:04 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

President Obama is angry that President Trump is getting credit for the booming economy; he figures he got the ball rolling. He is correct that his administration managed to stave off a depression but for years, even as voters listed jobs and the economy as their number one concerns, Obama's focus was elsewhere. Nothing better highlights his misguided ambitions and priorities than the Paris Climate accord. Obama embraced that toothless celebration of global cooperation even though it would hobble the U.S. economy and its powerhouse energy industries while enabling the continued expansion of China, by far the world's biggest carbon emitter. Similarly, Obama's enthusiasm for the Trans Pacific Partnership, a trade agreement judged by the World Bank as not beneficial to the U.S., reflected his appetite for legacy and indifference to putting America first, as President Trump might say. Under President Trump, the economic expansion, already long in the tooth, has accelerated. There is no denying that his election ushered in an immediate surge in business optimism, which has kicked off a steady rise in capital investment, key to productivity and wage gains. Democrats charge that the corporate tax cuts have benefited only the wealthy, but they know better. Consumer spending growth is being driven not only by surging optimism but also by rising incomes. Though the average hourly wage has gone up only slightly faster than inflation, households have also benefited from lower taxes, the opportunity to trade up to a better job and from the huge number of bonuses handed out by companies in celebration of lower corporate taxes. The most recent jobs report provides a useful snapshot of what is happening. Wages rose 2.9 percent year-over-year, the fastest pace in 9 years. Economists suggest that the annualized rate going forward might reach 3 percent -3.5 percent, the best in years. As impressive as the top-line number is, the rise in manufacturing jobs over the past year is even better news. President Obama mocked President Trump's promise to bring back manufacturing jobs during the 2016 campaign, asking "What magic wand do you have?" But it didn't take magic; it took business managers knowing the government was working with them and not against them, that they were not likely to be shut down by some ill-advised regulation, and that our tax regime would no longer put them at a disadvantage. Through July, we had added 327,000 manufacturing jobs over the past year, the most in a 12-month period since 1995. Those are "good-paying" jobs, as Hillary Clinton might have said. The surging economy is alarming to Democrats eager to retake the House of Representatives in November. To counter the good economic news, liberals have resorted to scare tactics, promising, for instance, that elevating Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court will mean the end of Roe v. Wade, greater access to guns, dirtier air and increasing racism. In his speech, Obama warns that Republicans are "tapping into America's dark history of racial and ethnic and religious division." But then he has the temerity to rail about the "politics of fear and resentment;" one wonders whose politics he is talking about. He complains that "demagogues promise simple fixes to complex problems," but it is his party that wants the government to provide free health care to everybody and to guarantee everyone a job. Those are simple fixes, but they are also unworkable and costly enough to bankrupt the nation. Above all else, President Obama is angry. President Trump has systematically chipped away at his legacy, taking us out of the TPP, the Paris Climate Accord and the insufficient Iran nuclear deal and removing misguided regulations like the Clean Power Act and the guidance on how colleges should deal with campus sexual assault. Trump isn't doing this out of spite, but rather because these were bad policies. For the most part, they were also unpopular policies. That's why voters rose up to protest in 2010, 2012 and 2016. Americans may have let Obama down in those elections, as he suggests, but they didn't let the country down. Obama says the upcoming election is the most important in his lifetime; he may be right. Democrats are keen to undo the progress we have made over the past year, and they could. Let us hope voters won't give them the chance FNC

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/10/2018 08:39 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole I wonder why Fox news quit showing the debt clock?
I wonder why progs are raising it again after an 8 year period of silence on the issue. I would note that some progs were claiming it was a good thing. Read what this dumbass said: Prog take on debt. Note that I called Krugman a dumbass. I did so because of his belief that these high levels of debt are good (along with a wealth of other crazy statements). I disagree. We must do something about the debt, which has been my stance forever. Difference is I have not changed my stance, unlike you, Cole.

09/10/2018 04:25 PM

Cole

When Obama and Democrats were in charge, the debt was being brought under control, it began to explode when the R's regained power. If you don't believe me, look it up.

Trump and Republican tax cuts have exploded the debt, so much so that borrowing will total $1 trillion this year and you know what Trumpablo, you will vote for them again, again and again, to you, they can do no wrong, so I'm calling bullshit on your debt claim.

I was right.
 09/10/2018 04:26 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

When Obama and Democrats were in charge, the debt was being brought under control.

LIAR!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/10/2018 04:28 PM

Cole

Look it up.

I was right.
 09/10/2018 04:37 PM

Cole

FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion.
FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration, which forced a 10 percent cut in spending.

FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion.
FY 2015 - The deficit fell further to $438 billion.
FY 2016 - The deficit rose to $585 billion
FY 2017 - The deficit was $666 billion.

Notice a change?

Now add the $1.5 trillion since Trump took office.

I was right.
 09/10/2018 06:46 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Depressed?
Not at all.
Thanks Obama.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 09/10/2018 07:35 PM

3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: Cole

FY 2012 - The deficit was $1.087 trillion.

FY 2013 - This was the first Obama budget where the deficit, $679 billion, was less than $1 trillion. Thank sequestration, which forced a 10 percent cut in spending.

FY 2014 - The deficit was $485 billion.

FY 2015 - The deficit fell further to $438 billion.

FY 2016 - The deficit rose to $585 billion

FY 2017 - The deficit was $666 billion.

Notice a change?

Now add the $1.5 trillion since Trump took office.

Makes no sense to have a skyrocketing deficit when the economy is "booming." 2018 is projected to be $833B. Moronic

09/10/2018 08:13 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

And inflation at 2.9 %... Pour gasoline on a hit fire and what do you expect? What we are seeing here is nothing more than a 'sugar high', and the only ones who are making out are ghosts at the top - as usual.. Hmmm. Wonder if the 'preferred ones' are getting the 2.9% of a bit more.. Do to make teir real money actually working like the rest of us plebs? Fuck no - We need to institute a 'lazy man tax' - that's tied to inflation - on anything other than true 'earned income' that's not subject to Social Security and Medicare.. And call it that exactly.. Wonder what the true rank and file grunts among us are getting to get to the 2.9 % average.. A little 'boneass'

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .