Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Obama Tells It Like It Is
Topic Summary: April 2008, and he got reemed for it.
Created On: 08/16/2018 10:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/19/2018 11:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

Cultural problems need to be addressed. You can't just ignore them, promote racist policies and expect racism to go away. Race relations are at the worst I've ever seen

Edited: 08/19/2018 at 11:14 AM by johnny
 08/19/2018 11:19 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

So now you are trying to tell me what I think. Once again Hap, you are wrong. Not once have I have said everyone is on an equal playing field. In fact, I have said the exact opposite repeatedly and regularly going back years in my post history as evidence to such. You and I essentially agree on the problems that we have that need to be resolved, you just get hung up on looking for racial bogeymen and then inventing them when you can't find one.

See, I recognize that we still absolutely have leftover institutionalized racism from the darker history of our country and that we have serious problems with the prison system. There is no doubt that we have a serious issue with law enforcement overstepping as well. Where we differ is that I believe the issue is bigger than just race now. It isn't primarily about black or white anymore, it is about rich or poor. But hey, let's keep fighting about race. It keeps us too busy to see everything else that is going on.
 08/19/2018 01:28 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: miker

So now you are trying to tell me what I think. Once again Hap, you are wrong. Not once have I have said everyone is on an equal playing field. In fact, I have said the exact opposite repeatedly and regularly going back years in my post history as evidence to such. You and I essentially agree on the problems that we have that need to be resolved, you just get hung up on looking for racial bogeymen and then inventing them when you can't find one.

See, I recognize that we still absolutely have leftover institutionalized racism from the darker history of our country and that we have serious problems with the prison system. There is no doubt that we have a serious issue with law enforcement overstepping as well. Where we differ is that I believe the issue is bigger than just race now. It isn't primarily about black or white anymore, it is about rich or poor. But hey, let's keep fighting about race. It keeps us too busy to see everything else that is going on.

I'm not telling you what you think, It's how I perceive you think. I don't put words in others' mouths like you do. You post above contradicts itself. The problem is, and you just reinforced it here, is that you think it is not about race anymore but rather wealth/status. This is not true at all. People with "different pigmentation" still do have tougher obstacles than whites. Ignoring this will not solve it and believing it is not so is part of the problem as well. The only way to get everyone equal is to fix the problems I mentioned first. In no way shape or fashion do poor white males have the same oppression that black males do. To believe so or say so is absolute ignorance or racism.
 08/19/2018 02:56 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Watch it HAP you're gonna get GeorgiaMiker writing War & Peace length posts every 20 minutes LOL

-------------------------

When America was "great"
 08/19/2018 02:59 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: fishkller

Watch it HAP you're gonna get GeorgiaMiker writing War & Peace length posts every 20 minutes LOL

OMG there is a FLMiker too?
 08/19/2018 03:47 PM

miker

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
The problem is, and you just reinforced it here, is that you think it is not about race anymore but rather wealth/status. This is not true at all. People with "different pigmentation" still do have tougher obstacles than whites.

Except that is not what I said.

I didn't say it was not about race anymore. I said it is not as much about race anymore. You seem to have a problem distinguishing between the two. I agree that people with different pigmentation still have tougher obstacles. We still have a ways to go before that works its way out of our society. Maybe you should actually try reading something with an open mind instead of your stupid preconceived notions.

Edit: Why am I bothering. You think people are automatically better because they have white skin, regardless of how poor or disadvantaged they may be. You could really give two shits about them.

Edited: 08/19/2018 at 03:55 PM by miker
 08/19/2018 03:49 PM

miker

Originally posted by: fishkller

You are going to cling to that forever despite being wrong, aren't you? Guess that is to be expected by someone that let FK get so far under his skin he had to make his screen name after him.

08/19/2018 05:20 PM

HAPDigital

The problem is, and you just reinforced it here, is that you think it is not about race anymore but rather wealth/status. This is not true at all. People with "different pigmentation" still do have tougher obstacles than whites.

Except that is not what I said.

I didn't say it was not about race anymore. I said it is not as much about race anymore. You seem to have a problem distinguishing between the two. I agree that people with different pigmentation still have tougher obstacles. We still have a ways to go before that works its way out of our society. Maybe you should actually try reading something with an open mind instead of your stupid preconceived notions.

Edit: Why am I bothering. You think people are automatically better because they have white skin, regardless of how poor or disadvantaged they may be. You could really give two shits about them.

Wow, I guess this kind of response is expected coming from a guy that types edit when the forum automatically shows it was edited now hahaha. But no, I never said anyone was better. Talk about putting words in people's mouths. Nowhere, absolutely nowhere, can that be understood from what I've said. Please post the exact quote that says I think white people are better. White people do have much more advantages in life systemically, yes. But you can try to make it seem like I'm the racist one all you want but it just shows your ignorance more and more. Your specific response above was quite childish as well. You're an ass, plain and simple.
 08/19/2018 05:56 PM

miker

I suppose a tiny intellect would think that. Of course the forum doesn't actually show what the edit was. You aren't very bright are you?

Also why are you whining about putting words in other people's mouths? That is literally what you were doing in the post I responded to, which is what promoted me to respond the same way. Looks like that was wasted on you.
 08/19/2018 06:05 PM

miker

Oh and Hap, I wasn't trying to make you look racist. That is your game, not mine.

Let's be real here. You want to elevate minorities to that of which the average white person enjoys. What I want includes that, however what I want also included bringing *all* of those who are disadvantaged, not just minorities. We have a problem in this country and it isn't just about race. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
 08/19/2018 06:53 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Oh and Hap, I wasn't trying to make you look racist. That is your game, not mine.

Let's be real here. You want to elevate minorities to that of which the average white person enjoys. What I want includes that, however what I want also included bringing *all* of those who are disadvantaged, not just minorities. We have a problem in this country and it isn't just about race. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

No, our inequality problem isn't just about race, but it is in part.
And most people who are subject to racism's effects still think there is a big problem, so I think we need to listen to them.

And I do think our division is a little bit more about race these days, especially since what used to be the conservative party has chosen a racist to lead them.

miker, what issues that Progressives care about do you see as "far left crackpottery and hypocrisy in general"

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 08/19/2018 at 06:54 PM by WG
 08/19/2018 07:49 PM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

If trump is racist why is his approval rating among blacks increasing?
 08/19/2018 08:28 PM

HAPDigital

I suppose a tiny intellect would think that. Of course the forum doesn't actually show what the edit was. You aren't very bright are you?

Also why are you whining about putting words in other people's mouths? That is literally what you were doing in the post I responded to, which is what promoted me to respond the same way. Looks like that was wasted on you.

Who cares what the edit was? Oh yeah, a compulsive nut job.

The problem is whites are not disadvantaged. This is why I know you're racist or ignorant. My bet is racist.
 08/20/2018 04:27 AM

miker

Hap you are a fucking clueless and ignorant person if you think poor people aren't disadvantaged regardless of their color. Your entire viewpoint reeks of privilege.

Also, glad that fact the I make note of what I edit gets your panties in a bunch. You have a fellow forum poster to to thank for why I do that, though I suspect you won't be able to put to two and two together to figure it out why for yourself. You seem generally incapable.

Edited: 08/20/2018 at 04:27 AM by miker
 08/20/2018 04:51 AM

miker

Originally posted by: WG

No, our inequality problem isn't just about race, but it is in part.

And most people who are subject to racism's effects still think there is a big problem, so I think we need to listen to them.

And I do think our division is a little bit more about race these days, especially since what used to be the conservative party has chosen a racist to lead them.

miker, what issues that Progressives care about do you see as "far left crackpottery and hypocrisy in general"

I would have to agree with WG in saying that race is a bigger problem than it was 5 years ago. We have the growing divide in this country to thank for that as you mentioned. We still aren't even the same ballpark at what it was 50 years ago however.

WG it isn't the issues they care about. Hell, I agree to varying degrees with much of them. It is the behavior, the demonizing of people with different viewpoints, the examples of selective outrage, the grossly hypocritical actions, it is the lack of rational thoughts by many, and the hatred. Hell, you don't even need to leave the microcosm of this tiny little surfing forum to see examples of how is plays out in the wider world of social media.

It used to be the far right conservatives and the religious right particularly that used to draw similar disdain from me, but those crackpots are light weights compared to what I have seen over the past few years from the left. At least I could write off the ultra Christian conservatives as being brain washed by stone aged beliefs they had been indoctrinated into since birth, hell indoctrination dating back a couple thousand years through numerous generations. The crackpots on the left aren't so easy to write off.

Fortunately Trump has proven to be such a disaster that despite all of the stupidity from the left, he is not going to last past his first term if he even makes it through his first term. Had he proven to even be semi competent and decent as a leader, then a second term would be more than possible and the progressives would have shot themselves in the foot yet again.
 08/20/2018 05:31 AM

HAPDigital

Hap you are a fucking clueless and ignorant person if you think poor people aren't disadvantaged regardless of their color. Your entire viewpoint reeks of privilege.

Also, glad that fact the I make note of what I edit gets your panties in a bunch. You have a fellow forum poster to to thank for why I do that, though I suspect you won't be able to put to two and two together to figure it out why for yourself. You seem generally incapable.

2+2 = compulsion

How does acknowledging the systemic advantages whites have reek of privilege? Not acknowledging it or trying to hold those without those advantages to the same standards is white privilege in a nut shell. Your posts are stupid AF and you contradict yourself almost every post.

Edited: 08/20/2018 at 05:31 AM by HAPDigital

08/20/2018 05:37 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"Your entire viewpoint reeks of privilege."

Hey dip shit, that's the point we are trying to make. lol

I was right.
 08/20/2018 06:08 AM

miker

How does acknowledging the systemic advantages whites have reek of privilege? Not acknowledging it or trying to hold those without those advantages to the same standards is white privilege in a nut shell. Your posts are stupid AF and you contradict yourself almost every post.

Says the guy that just contradicted himself in one post. Good job.

I recognize that white people have systemic advantages. I have said so numerous times, which you are ignoring. You are calling me privileged because I *also* recognize that poor people in general, including white people, are at a huge disadvantage.

08/20/2018 06:12 AM

miker

Originally posted by: Cole
Hey dip shit, that's the point we are trying to make. lol

Not really.

Hap is arguing the privilege is a 'white' thing and he believes that you are automatically privileged simply by being born white.

I agree that white people have more advantages than minorities in general, but that privilege isn't just 'white' and that in 2018 much of it is socioeconomic in nature.

It really isn't that hard of a concept to grasp.
 08/20/2018 06:13 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Blah, blah, blah, blah....blah

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Obama Tells It Like It Is

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .