Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Another piece on Sinclair Broadcasting
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/12/2018 08:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/13/2018 08:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: scombrid

Opinion is profitable.

It's more than that I think; if you can offer a reassuring narrative wrapped in pseudo journalistic false legitimacy to an insecure audience you can get paid not only by them but also by those who wish to influence them for personal gain.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/13/2018 08:39 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
It's more than that I think; if you can offer a reassuring narrative wrapped in pseudo journalistic false legitimacy to an insecure audience you can get paid not only by them but also by those who wish to influence them for personal gain.

Agreed.
 06/13/2018 08:40 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

You responded to a long post to call out one statement that wasn't even directed at you. It was commentary on the video and general topic and it was directed at johnny and ob if anybody. So you glossed over the rest of the post and missed the point.

06/13/2018 08:41 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker First thing you said after quoting me. You obviously were implying it and you were wrong.

I was referencing the video that you linked as prefaced before the quote tags.

06/13/2018 08:43 AM

miker

I know exactly what you were referencing and my response still stands as is.

Are you enjoying this pointless back and forth over nothing?
 06/13/2018 08:43 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: RustyTruck It's more than that I think; if you can offer a reassuring narrative wrapped in pseudo journalistic false legitimacy to an insecure audience you can get paid not only by them but also by those who wish to influence them for personal gain.

Hell yeah.

Especially when digging for facts costs money and waiting for verification means that you get scooped by the competition.

06/13/2018 08:45 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker I know exactly what you were referencing and my response still stands as is. Are you enjoying this pointless back and forth over nothing?

You must. Happens to you more than any other poster. I wonder why? You might even have fish killer beat on that front.

Are you ever going to respond to johnny and ob?

06/13/2018 08:46 AM

miker

Why do you feel the overwhelming need for me to respond to johnny and ob? Just curious.
 06/13/2018 09:18 AM

scombrid

Here is what I think of the news.

Somebody hoaxed them with an airplane contrail lit by the set sun. Or they hoaxed themselves. It is a common one.

They played it up as a "mystery missile".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mystery-missile-launch-seen-off-calif-coast/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mystery-missile-launched-missile-off-california-coast/story?id=12097155

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/09/california.contrails/index.html

CNN actually wins the prize out of this trio for the best reporting and the other two are full retard complete with KFMB pulling in a retired Sec. of Defense to speculate.

It was a commercial flight and it didn't take me long to find it. It was obviously a plane based on speed and a level flight contrail based on the distance to the horizon and the way the contrail sheared in the distance. But CBS and ABC would have none of that. Diane Sawyer was having a damned crisis gazm with her breathless agapeness.

What takes the cake is that it was debunked early on but it still generated a national buzz.

Of course when CNN and CBS got ahold of a debunker that correctly explained the optical illusion then Glenn Beck and company went apeshit about the "coverup". I'll have to hunt up the exchange between Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck a few days after the initial reporting.

06/13/2018 02:02 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Obx who is your favorite unbiased media source? Miker what about you?

06/13/2018 03:57 PM

miker

Originally posted by: wbsponger

Obx who is your favorite unbiased media source? Miker what about you?

It is hard to find any media source without slant. BBC, NBC News, CNN are my main three online and NPR in the car. I follow John Oliver for his focus pieces each week (though see,s to be every other week lately) because they are generally brilliant and well researched, plus the comedy side of the show is usually hilarious. Aside from that, only thing I watch on TV is local. I do keep tabs on Fox once in a while especially before visiting the inlaws as well because I think it is foolish not to see what a good portion of the population is being fed.

Favorite/unbiased? There isn't such thing as unbiased news really, but I gave you my usual go to list. I will read pretty much any legitimate source when the opportunity and time arises as well as seek others out on important issues if I feel the need is there to get a better picture of reality.
 06/14/2018 05:25 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

http://www.reuters.com

For Asian issues: NHK World (Japan)

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/14/2018 09:11 AM

scombrid

So now that AT&T and Time Warner got the green light to merge; Comcast and Disney are in a bidding contest to buy up 21st Century Fox. CVS is going to aquire Aetna.

Aside from the fact that the government is not going to enforce anti-trust laws this is a product of market forces.

Taxes are low on Capital Gains. Corporate profits are way up; they exceed investment by about 7 times. They aren't going to invest that in production when there isn't demand for more production. So they buy back stock, stuff money in a bank in the Caymans, and then they start looking to aquire another company.

These guys aren't growing the pie with these aquisitions and mergers. They are increasing profitability by cutting costs and reducing supply of whatever it is that they sell.

This is where most of Trumps deficit funded tax gift is going. It isn't trickling down. It is just letting a handful of the top of the investor class eat the whole pie (or eat as much as they can and stuff the rest in their pockets).

06/14/2018 09:51 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Back from travel....

Couple of things....Scom, you instistent prejudices or "I know what you are/think" attitute is quite tiresome, and you singling out statments to focus on them in a attempt to discredit the enitire context, is making it hard to continue engaging with you.

wbsponger - My trusted news source is Facebook, thats why I voted for Trump. (J/K) All BS aside, there is no such thing as one trusted newsource, that I could find. I go to Yahoo (which compilies a bunch of different sources, mostly left leaning), CNN, FOX, and try to read between the lines of it all. You know the ol "Three sides to every story" dilio

06/14/2018 10:05 AM

scombrid

nevermind.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Another piece on Sinclair Broadcasting

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .