Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: New restrictions for Democratic Primaries
Topic Summary: Thoughts?
Created On: 06/08/2018 05:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/08/2018 05:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eye-bernie-sanders-democratic-national-committee-adopts-new-restrictions-2020-presidential-candidates-225841348.html

I do love this little gem:

“Many Sanders supporters angrily felt the DNC stacked the deck in Clinton’s favor, a perception that was amplified by hacked emails from party leaders that were published by Wikileaks in the lead-up to the party’s 2016 convention.”

Perception? Hacked? Hahaha! Thats just double speak for “verified by the internal emails” ....but there’s no there’s no double speak or media bias, right guys?

Anyways, not to distract. Genuinely curious on your thoughts of further attempts to stop a third party option, whose not loyal to the party, from ever being an option. 

06/09/2018 04:52 AM

obx2

Nothing? You guys cool with these rule changes, or still digesting the implications? (Or would rather ignore it)

06/09/2018 05:06 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You are all Republican all the time, so why do you care what Democrats do?

If this causes Independents to run as Independent, I'm all for it. A viable third party candidate is what this country needs.

-------------------------
I was right.
 06/09/2018 07:48 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: Cole You are all Republican all the time, so why do you care what Democrats do? If this causes Independents to run as Independent, I'm all for it. A viable third party candidate is what this country needs.

one thing we can agree on, Cole.

Just because I absolutely despise the DNC, their blatant corruption, and continually call them out on using the same tactics used by the Nazis, their hypocrisy, and bigotry towards an opposing view, does not make me a rebublican. I’m a registered Independent 

But I don’t want to distract. Do you guys realize this is a move by the DNC to gain more control over you? Party allegiance over Country? Can’t let the party’s constituents support an outsider” like Bernie Sanders again, now can we? 

Taking away the power of the people to put in who they want as a representative, is literally setting you down the path of a dictatorship. 

Edited: 06/09/2018 at 08:00 AM by obx2
 06/09/2018 07:57 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

IT was that muh fuggin' Wasserman Schultz that gave her an illegal edge.
 06/09/2018 05:14 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Who gives a shit what OBX is trolling for?

06/10/2018 02:09 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: fishkller Who gives a shit what OBX is trolling for?

You should certainly give a shit about this move by the DNC and it’s implications 

06/10/2018 06:31 AM

Cole

Jesus dude, really?

Trump is running roughshod over everything this country stands for and you are concerned with what the DNC is doing?

I was right.
 06/10/2018 07:01 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The Republicans win if the DNC is taken over by leftist candidates so that Republicans have easier fights in November because the Democrats need center to center-right candidates to have a chance to win.

The Republicans win if the leftists split off and don't vote or vote third party.

ob doesn't care about the DNC. Nor do the people feeding him the stories to share here. It is just a political game to help the Republicans.

06/10/2018 11:25 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I don't think it's all that unfair to ask someone who wants to lead the party to join it.

I think Democrats win by being true to who we are.
I don't think being to true to the grass roots is a bad thing.

Ditch the super delegates entirely.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 06/10/2018 01:56 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

They have the right to set rules as they see fit. People can be on board or run with another party or as an independent. Why would they want to allow an outsider to use their services to get to the most important political position in the country?

. Certainly our self perpetuating two party system is the worst part of politics in America, followed by our ever growing population and resultant dilution of representation and gerrymandering.

06/11/2018 06:21 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: scombrid

The Republicans win if the DNC is taken over by leftist candidates so that Republicans have easier fights in November because the Democrats need center to center-right candidates to have a chance to win.

The Republicans win if the leftists split off and don't vote or vote third party.

ob doesn't care about the DNC. Nor do the people feeding him the stories to share here. It is just a political game to help the Republicans.

Popular left candidates are the best hope for the D party. Running as republicans hasn't worked, but the D3C would rather lose than actually do anything to deal with the fallout of late stage capitalism.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/11/2018 08:25 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: wbsponger They have the right to set rules as they see fit. People can be on board or run with another party or as an independent. Why would they want to allow an outsider to use their services to get to the most important political position in the country?

. Certainly our self perpetuating two party system is the worst part of politics in America, followed by our ever growing population and resultant dilution of representation and gerrymandering.

Wbsponger, you are spot on with your last statement, and are almost making the connection.

Regarding your first statement "They" are supposed to be you and your fellow democratic constituents, voting for who you want to represent your party. Thats how a democratic republic is supposed to work. (I'm assumingg you're a registered Democrat, if I am wrong, I apologize but my point is still valid to the rest of the Democrats)

"you" clearly wanted Bernie Sanders to represent the Democratic Party in the last primaries, judging by the amount of support he had (even on this very forum) compared to the lack of support given to Hillary. But they didn't want that, they already knew who they wanted (read, could give two shits about who you wanted), and did some pretty shady sh!t to ensure Hillary won the vote. Again, fact.

How anyone can scream "democracy" and still support a party that wants no part of it, is beyond comprehension.

Its bad enough we have a two party system, but it appears that one of those parties isn't even representative of its constituents, rather represents the elite top's best interest. WAKE THE FUCK UP, GUYS!!!!! The writing is all over the wall, if you're willing to at least look at it.

06/11/2018 08:50 AM

Greensleeves

Look at the tone of the BS article. It's not a "restriction" it's a rule. And it's not "forced" on anyone. You don't want to play by the rules then don't.

Bernie is an egotistical sack the likes of which only complete political neophytes get duped by.

As for the democrats not representing their constituents they do. The umbrella is huge so there is going to be fighting.

The GOP was a dying breed (rich oldsters) until it got an injection of Twitler who brought the hateful high school edumacated who are too dumb to know economics or who Twitler actually represents (himself).
 06/11/2018 09:26 AM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Political parties are there to self perpetuate and get as many of their candidates elected as possible with a lean towards long time establishment candidates. They know people are fickle and want to protect themselves from the whims of the people, not directly represent them.  They also want to add a trump tyoe candidate which has not been am involved member of the party and will take positions at oddso with party orthodoxy too often. If you think the Republican party is any different in a fundamental way, you are mistaken. 

Fwiw I am neither a D nor did I vote for a D for president. 

06/11/2018 09:45 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: wbsponger Political parties are there to self perpetuate and get as many of their candidates elected as possible with a lean towards long time establishment candidates. They know people are fickle and want to protect themselves from the whims of the people, not directly represent them.  They also want to add a trump tyoe candidate which has not been am involved member of the party and will take positions at oddso with party orthodoxy too often. If you think the Republican party is any different in a fundamental way, you are mistaken. 

Fwiw I am neither a D nor did I vote for a D for president. 

All fair and sound points.

From my perception, Berine was to the Ds, that Trump was to the Rs. They're a symptom of us getting tired of the two party system, and showing support to the "outsiders" of the two party system.

To me, the Rs couldn't stop Trump, whereas the Ds did stop Bernie (via their corruption). Not saying the Rs aren't corrupt, but it doesn't appear to be at the scale it is with the Ds, who actually interfered with the public's choice. And now, they are preventing that from every happening again.

So...again, this move should further alienate people away from the Democratic party.....for this further soilidifies that the party will choose, not the consituents of said party. (unless you like other people thinking for you)

It used to be "so and so will run as a Democrat"....now its "the democrats allowed so and so to run"

Maybe I'm the only one that sees the problem with that....

06/11/2018 09:53 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Big difference

Bernie is not a criminal traitor

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 06/11/2018 10:43 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: WG Big difference Bernie is not a criminal traitor

You are completely missing the point, WG, and its really one you need to grasp....unless you're OK with being told who you can vote for by your party.

One more time; it used to be if you decided to run on the Democratic ticket for the primaries, you could. Now you have to be allowed to run for them. If you can't understand the implicaitons or why that is so blantantly wrong.....I don't know, man...to each their own....

06/11/2018 10:58 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Obie you act like you've just discovered something new.

I think we've covered this topic at length on NSR.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/11/2018 11:11 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Obie you act like you've just discovered something new. I think we've covered this topic at length on NSR.

It is new, no? Or at the very least, they just put in writting what they've been doing all along.

I just can't see past that this as a move to prevent what almost happened last time, which was the Democratic constituents almost voted in someone the DNC elites didn't want. You've got to understand/realize, they are supposed to answer to us, not the other way around. We (well, you guys) should be deciding, not "them"

I don't know...maybe I'm being stubborn, but I just can't see past that and I can't understand how that would be acceptable to any registered Democrat. Of course, I can't understand why anyone would be a registered Democrat in the first place....but I digress...

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .