Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The average cost of health insurance for a family of four
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/08/2018 11:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/08/2018 11:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Is now $28k/year, and the cost is increasing at a rate of $100 every month. This has to be fixed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/...amily-four/676046002/

And I agree with something Trump said, "Australians have better healthcare than we do." Australia provides better outcomes at a much lower cost, with a universal healthcare. The US has the lowest life expectancy and the highest disease burden rate among comparable countries, while we spend more than twice as much per capita, $8,745 vs. $3,997 in Australia. Australia pays for this by taxing residents between 2 and 3.5 percent of income. Residents also have options for upgraded plans that are subsidized.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tr...ats-the-us-hes-right/

06/08/2018 11:45 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Medicare for all, M4A.

I'll be back to tell you more about it soon.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/08/2018 12:16 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

That is sickening.
 06/08/2018 12:50 PM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

What happened to the "affordable health care act?" Wasn't that supposed to....I don't know....make health care more affordable?

06/08/2018 12:58 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Got rid of the "individual mandate".

Didn't support exchanges.

Didn't support medicaid expansion.

And other deliberate disruptions.

It is in the death spiral by design and a lot of people are left twisting.

What happened to full repeal and replace? Why hasn't that happened yet?

I'll tell you the biggest bigly current cost inflator. GOP left in the provision that forces insurers to cover people with pre-existing conditions but scrapped the individual mandate meant to pay for that. So healthy people are like, screw that I'm not paying for sickie mcsickie I'll take my chances. Insurance is forced to keep sickie on the books and anybody else trying to by insurance is getting jacked. I guess it is what the GOP voters wanted since that is what the GOP has engineered in its feckless battle against Obama.

06/08/2018 12:59 PM

RustyTruck

Obamacare was a compromise to preserve insurance company profits and try to get GOP support. Instead, the GOP dedicated themselves to destroying it.

They still have no plan of their own. Nothing. Killing Obamacare certainly isn't going to help.

The time has come to stop fucking around and get Medicare for All. A national healthcare system like EVERY OTHER DEVELOPED COUNTRY has.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

06/08/2018 01:07 PM

scombrid

Yep, Obamacare was a deal with the devil. Rather than cause a huge market disruption and bring in universal health care, the Democrats decided to try to dance with the devil to bring about universal coverage.

But the GOP blocked total implimentation and then have spend the last year and a half picking it apart.

Thing is, they've successfully killed it and made the market worse than before, all without any sort of backup plan.

06/08/2018 01:23 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Obamacare was a compromise to preserve insurance company profits and try to get GOP support.

Liar!

There was not ONE GOP vote for that POS Obamacare!

NOT ONE!

FOOL!

It's ALL on you POS commie prog democraps!

ALL OF IT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 06/08/2018 01:29 PM

obx2

Of course the blames lies solely with the GOP....I temperarily forgot where I was...lol

06/08/2018 01:46 PM

RustyTruck

I know you're here to troll Opie, but the fact is a big part of the blame lies with Obama and the rest of the neo-liberals who tried to come up with a plan that would help the poor and middle class without interfere with the profits of their corporate masters.

Like Scom said, it was a deal with the devil, and Obama got tricked. He should have gone all in on single payer back then. Now so much work has be redone.

06/08/2018 01:50 PM

Sparky

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

Medical vacations are getting more popular.

06/08/2018 02:00 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I know you're here to troll Opie, but the fact is a big part of the blame lies with Obama and the rest of the neo-liberals who tried to come up with a plan that would help the poor and middle class without interfere with the profits of their corporate masters. Like Scom said, it was a deal with the devil, and Obama got tricked. He should have gone all in on single payer back then. Now so much work has be redone.

Glad to see you recognize both are to blame. I’ve posted it before, but if you look at the political contributions by big pharma and the insurance lobbies, you’ll see a huge spike in contributions going to the Democrats the very same time this law was being negotiated. While I’m not suggesting the GOP is free from any blame, if you follow the money, you’ll see that it was the Democrats answering to big pharmaceutical and insurance while crafting this law.

EDIT: I retract my last statement. I looked it up after I posted it, and looks like both parties where in the pockets....go figure

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/lm_health.php

06/08/2018 03:40 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Republicans just dealt a massive blow to Americans' wallets over Obama obsession

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 06/08/2018 05:18 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Obamacare slowed the increase in health care rates, that's a fact jack.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 06/08/2018 07:52 PM

RustyTruck

WHAT DOES MEDICARE FOR ALL MEAN?

A Single Health Program
Everyone will be covered by one health insurance program, administered by the federal government, and have equal access to all medical services and treatments.

Comprehensive Coverage
All services requiring a medical professional will be fully covered. You go to the doctor of your choice. Dental, vision, mental health, and pharmaceuticals are all included.

Free at the point of service
All healthcare costs will be financed through tax contributions based on ability to pay: no copays, no fees, no deductibles and no premiums. Ever.

Universal Coverage
Coverage for all United States residents - non-citizens included.

Jobs
A jobs initiative and severance for those affected by the transition to government-run healthcare.

06/08/2018 09:08 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: obx2

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I know you're here to troll Opie, but the fact is a big part of the blame lies with Obama and the rest of the neo-liberals who tried to come up with a plan that would help the poor and middle class without interfere with the profits of their corporate masters. Like Scom said, it was a deal with the devil, and Obama got tricked. He should have gone all in on single payer back then. Now so much work has be redone.

Glad to see you recognize both are to blame. I've posted it before, but if you look at the political contributions by big pharma and the insurance lobbies, you'll see a huge spike in contributions going to the Democrats the very same time this law was being negotiated. While I'm not suggesting the GOP is free from any blame, if you follow the money, you'll see that it was the Democrats answering to big pharmaceutical and insurance while crafting this law.

EDIT: I retract my last statement. I looked it up after I posted it, and looks like both parties where in the pockets....go figure

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/lm_health.php

And it's not just campaign finance that corrupts our lawmakers. They're also holding personal financial stakes in the companies they regulate. I recall some Democrats holding the bill hostage until the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies had their way with it.

06/09/2018 03:22 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: obx2 Of course the blames lies solely with the GOP....I temperarily forgot where I was...lol

They have the house, senate, supreme court, and executive office. 

They promise repeal and replace. 

They don't have any responsibility these days?

06/09/2018 03:26 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: obx2 

I’ve posted it before, but if you look at the political contributions by big pharma and the insurance lobbies, you’ll see a huge spike in contributions going to the Democrats the very same time this law was being negotiated. While I’m not suggesting the GOP is free from any blame, if you follow the money, you’ll see that it was the Democrats answering to big pharmaceutical and insurance while crafting this law.

Industries that huge and about to get regulated spend a ton of money to buy influence? Gee golly.

Maybe we should do something about that. Or not.

You had to discover that just now?

06/09/2018 03:33 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

And it's not just campaign finance that corrupts our lawmakers. They're also holding personal financial stakes in the companies they regulate. I recall some Democrats holding the bill hostage until the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies had their way with it.

Revolving door between Congress and the firms Congress is supposed to regulate.

Happens in pharma. Happens in finance. Happens in energy.

The best was to drain that swamp is to put those industries in charge of the executive departments like EPA and Commerce.

06/09/2018 04:19 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Revolving door between Congress and the firms Congress is supposed to regulate.

Happens in pharma. Happens in finance. Happens in energy.

The best was to drain that swamp is to put those industries in charge of the executive departments like EPA and Commerce.

Or put in Czars, right?

I don't get you,Scom. Do you think it's only one side of the isle or are you at least recognizing its both sides?. Big Pharma, Big whatever is Government. And the media is their mouth piece to control the narrative, delegitimize the opposition/"awake", and maintain control. When I bring this up, you accuse me of being a "conspiracy theorist," and some on here are programmed to scoff at the notion of a "deep state" (which is literally just the name for this relationship). Unless you honestly think there is a separation between Big X and government, or only one side is in the pockets, how do you not see the relationship?

Hell, I just read today Facebook is implementing a "News credibility screening department ". Which is just doublespeak for "censorship."  And how are they able to do that and it be accepted? Because of this whole "fake news" narrative, that according to said narrative, only the right does. Do you remember when we 1st heard the term "fake news?" It was immediately after Hillary lost. It was the left's way to try an delegitimize the facts about how corrupt Hillary and the DNC are, provided by leaked emails. Russia interference!! You don't think it's odd to gloss over the substance of what was leaked, and instead maintain focus on how it was leaked? Russia!! Even if it was them, who cares if they leaked the truth? Oh yeah, because leaking the truth is labeled as "interfering with our election" Double speak all around. Orwell was off by 34yrs

it all starts with recognizing government is not for us by us. It's for Big X by Big X. Once you realize that, the connection between Government and media should be obvious. Some of you do realize this, but can't/won't tie it all together for various reasons unbeknownst to me.

(here comes the triggered insults)

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .