Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Why do Democrats care about the "legal citizen" question on the 2020 census?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/24/2018 09:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2018 09:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

The whole point of the census is to count citizens in order to appropriate representatives. Why wouldn't we want to know how much of the local populace comprises of legal citizens who are afforded the right to vote, to make sure they are properly represented?

Choose your source:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=citizen+question+on+census&form=IE11TR&src=IE11TR&pc=LNJB

05/24/2018 10:43 AM

obx2

Nothing? So you guys are cool with this question being on the ballot?

Bravo! Way to break free from your political narrative! (or, are you researching what that narrative is before you parrot it?)

05/24/2018 11:05 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Citizenship question was on the census back when there was a lot of immigration; back when we had very lax immigration rules. Then we closed the door and the quesiton went away because there weren't enough immigrants for the question to be worthwhile to ask.

Makes sense.

Maybe we should go back to that type of immigration policy too eh?

-------------------------

05/24/2018 11:11 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Blowbs II!   Some in the GOP care about the question as well.  Texas stands to get jacked Ha!

Hey when was that citizenship question last on the census?

Gotta love the GOP oldsters and their tiny minds that can only comprehend black and white.   We'll be able to undo alot of what Twitler has done.  But it's the Supreme Court that's going to f with the little guy for a long time to come...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/05/21/supreme-court-backs-employers-over-workers/355923002/

Edited: 05/24/2018 at 11:18 AM by Greensleeves
 05/24/2018 11:18 AM

JTsurfer

Joined Forum: 08/24/2010

Originally posted by: obx2 The whole point of the census is to count citizens in order to appropriate representatives. Why wouldn't we want to know how much of the local populace comprises of legal citizens who are afforded the right to vote, to make sure they are properly represented?

Choose your source:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=citizen+question+on+census&form=IE11TR&src=IE11TR&pc=LNJB

Because we're a society of law breaking, make rules that fits our agenda as we go, use the poor or less fotunate for political gain, backdoor racists, etc, etc, etc...

I watched the movie Idiocracy last night for shits and grins since I had a tough day at work and for being the dumbest movie ever made, it's pretty much on point with everything, especially the opening scene.

05/24/2018 11:46 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

LOL, Obie shows up looking for an argument.

Troll thread. I'll pass.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/24/2018 12:46 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: scombrid Citizenship question was on the census back when there was a lot of immigration; back when we had very lax immigration rules. Then we closed the door and the quesiton went away because there weren't enough immigrants for the question to be worthwhile to ask.

Makes sense.

Maybe we should go back to that type of immigration policy too eh?

I support an easy path to legal citizenship. In fact, most people do. But for some reason, the left likes to omit the "legal" aspect in their narrative, to paint the picture of a bunch of racist, scumbags who don't want anyone coming into the country.

Want proof? Here is what Secretary of State Alex Padilla (california) said:

"The citizenship question is the latest attempt by President Trump to stoke the fires of anti-immigrant hostility," Padilla said in a statement

Is it? Because I'm pretty sure we just want to make sure that people who are legal citizens of this country are the voice/represented, and said voice isn't muffled by illegal aliens. But, no, must continue to push the narrative that becaues you are agianst illegal immigrants, you are against immigrants in general. Right, Scom?
 05/24/2018 12:53 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: JTsurfer
Originally posted by: obx2 The whole point of the census is to count citizens in order to appropriate representatives. Why wouldn't we want to know how much of the local populace comprises of legal citizens who are afforded the right to vote, to make sure they are properly represented?

Choose your source:

Because we're a society of law breaking, make rules that fits our agenda as we go, use the poor or less fotunate for political gain, backdoor racists, etc, etc, etc...

I watched the movie Idiocracy last night for shits and grins since I had a tough day at work and for being the dumbest movie ever made, it's pretty much on point with everything, especially the opening scene.

Now hold on a second, how is having this question on the census breaking the law? I ask why your party is agaisnt this question, one (as some of you are aware) that has been on the census for quite some time, and thats your response?

Then you have greensleves, who somehow thinks a link to a story that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, is some sort of retort/explaination?

None of you have yet to explain why you are against the quetsion.

Talk about idiocracy!!!! You clowns are very good at entertaining....please....carry on.

05/24/2018 01:11 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: obx2

I support an easy path to legal citizenship.

You do?

Why aren't your politicians supporting it and writing bills to that effect?

05/24/2018 01:14 PM

scombrid

Now hold on a second, how is having this question on the census breaking the law? I ask why your party is agaisnt this question, one (as some of you are aware) that has been on the census for quite some time, and thats your response?

This is hilarious.

JT is on your team.

05/24/2018 01:15 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: obx2 Why wouldn't we want to know how much of the local populace comprises of legal citizens who are afforded the right to vote, to make sure they are properly represented?

He answered that question and you fly off the handle thinking he is arguing against you and not with you.

05/24/2018 01:16 PM

scombrid

Goddamn what a spaz.

05/24/2018 01:29 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: scombrid Goddamn what a spaz.

Hahaha, says the guy who had to come on here and post three times about the same thing

JT, my apologies, I went back and reread your comment, and realize I took it out of context.

and....yes I do support an easier path to citizenship. I’ve said that many times on this forum.

Now, back to the question at hand, why would this be a bad thing?

05/24/2018 02:40 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

It would be useful information, but the purpose of asking the question is to insure they're not counted at all. They're not going to respond to the survey if there's a citizenship question. Gee, let's turn ourselves in and get deported.
 05/24/2018 02:44 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: scombrid

I support an easy path to legal citizenship.

You do?

Why aren't your politicians supporting it and writing bills to that effect?

Exactly. The House, the Senate, the White House and the SCOTUS and yet no immigration legislation. What's the problem? Why the hold up?

I was right.
 05/24/2018 05:10 PM

johnnyboy

Is a census for country people or citizens? Counting people makes sense because you can use that info to allocate your resources. Counting citizens would deliberately undercount people.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/24/2018 07:09 PM

follydude

Historically, this has been done in the past.

Another wolf whistle.

05/24/2018 07:09 PM

follydude

*bing*
 05/24/2018 08:05 PM

Cole

I might just forget to return mine.

Huh? Lost in the mail I guess.

I was right.
 05/24/2018 08:14 PM

follydude

Who uses Bing?

64% goog

22 Bing

14 y'hoo

Real maverick.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .