Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Clapper concludes Russian influence gave Trump the win
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/23/2018 06:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2018 06:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cosmicviking

Joined Forum: 08/17/2013

Wow, Cole. No way out? That was a facetious comment I made.  I think Tom picked up on it. Maybe Nuke can translate my posts for you from now on. He seems to speak perfect libtard. The only word I know is “duh”.

05/24/2018 06:16 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Sure pal. lol

-------------------------
I was right.
 05/24/2018 06:31 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: miker I know liberals like to overlook reality when it comes to illegal aliens and instead prefer to call people racists and xenophobes if they are against it

It all depends on why. You always ignore that distinction.

I wonder why?

I am not going to claim that they did as I have no proof to that effect.

But you do make that claim.

05/24/2018 06:33 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker You aren't seriously trying to imply that illegals don't vote are you?

This reads an awful lot like an affirmative claim that they do.

But you said you weren't going to make that claim because you had no proof.

05/24/2018 06:34 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Comicviking is unencumbered by facts. Clapper's quote is reasonable in context.

http://www.miamiherald.com/new...article200660314.html

Russian syndicate duped Trump supporters into organizing Florida rallies, feds say

A sophisticated and clandestine Russian outfit that attempted to sow political discord through phony social media and grassroots campaigns has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges related to a series of pro-Trump rallies held in South Florida and around the country during the summer before the 2016 presidential election.

Federal authorities say 13 executives of the Internet Research Agency used stolen identities and U.S.-based email addresses to organize and fund political events designed to promote Donald Trump and tear down Hillary Clinton. The indictment, signed by U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller, describes the efforts of a well-organized, St. Petersburg, Russia, syndicate.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/24/2018 06:37 AM

Cosmicviking

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Comicviking is unencumbered by facts. Clapper's quote is reasonable in context. http://www.miamiherald.com/new...article200660314.html Russian syndicate duped Trump supporters into organizing Florida rallies, feds say A sophisticated and clandestine Russian outfit that attempted to sow political discord through phony social media and grassroots campaigns has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges related to a series of pro-Trump rallies held in South Florida and around the country during the summer before the 2016 presidential election. Federal authorities say 13 executives of the Internet Research Agency used stolen identities and U.S.-based email addresses to organize and fund political events designed to promote Donald Trump and tear down Hillary Clinton. The indictment, signed by U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller, describes the efforts of a well-organized, St. Petersburg, Russia, syndicate.

05/24/2018 06:39 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: miker I know liberals like to overlook reality when it comes to illegal aliens and instead prefer to call people racists and xenophobes if they are against it

It all depends on why. You always ignore that distinction.

I wonder why?

I am not ignoring anything. I am 100% on board with streamlining the path to citizenship and making it easier to obtain. I have zero problem with people coming here legally. Despite that, I have personally been called a xenophobe and a racist dozens of times online simply because I believe our borders should be secure and that illegals committing crimes should be deported. I have seen numerous others be called the same repeatedly for similar stances.

Yeah not ignoring shit. Stop the lame implications.

Edit: before I softened by stance on illegals somewhat due to practicality and humanitarian reasons it was even worse despite my stance having nothing to do with race or fear of people from different cultures. One of my military buddies still holds the stance of deporting everyone who came here illegally... I only point him out because nothing is funnier than watching a bunch of liberal fruitcakes call him a racist for his view given that both his parents immigrated here from Mexico. His view is that if his parents can do the right thing, then there is no reason everyone else can't... and yeah he is way hard line on the topic. He even thinks everyone should learn English as a requirement for citizenship.

I am not going to claim that they did as I have no proof to that effect.

But you do make that claim.

Except I don't. What I claim is that there is an extremely high probability that illegals have in fact voted. That isn't the same as having proof and you should be smart enough to make that distinction. Nice try, but you need to do better.

Edited: 05/24/2018 at 06:50 AM by miker
 05/24/2018 06:39 AM

Cosmicviking

Rusty, you are unencumbered by reality. 

05/24/2018 07:05 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I've altered my original post, since Clapper didn't exactly say that votes were altered, and I also misinterpreted Woodruff's comment.

Here's the transcript:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/sh...r-believes#transcript

Judy Woodruff:
One of the things you write very - or have spoken about, I should say, in addition to writing about it very candidly is how you have concluded after what happened in 2016 that the Russians not only affected - tried to affect the election, but you said they actually did affect the outcome.

James Clapper:
Yes.

Judy Woodruff:
What did you mean?

James Clapper:

Well, first, I need to make clear that, when we did our formal intelligence community assessment in January of 2017, we didn't make any call at all about whether the Russians affected the outcome of the election. We didn't have the authority, charter or capability to do that.

Since I left the government, though, as a private citizen, it's what I would call my informed opinion that, given the massive effort the Russians made, and the number of citizens that they touched, and the variety and the multidimensional aspects of what they did to influence opinion and affect the election, and given the fact that it turned on less than 80,000 votes in three states, to me, it just exceeds logic and credulity that they didn't affect the election, and it's my belief they actually turned it.

05/24/2018 07:07 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker bunch of liberal fruitcakes call him a racist for his view given that both his parents immigrated here from Mexico.

That doesn't tell me much about his level of racism. There's a very racist pecking order in some circles south of the border.

He even thinks everyone should learn English as a requirement for citizenship.

Has he or have you read the requirements for the Naturalization Test? Doesn't seem you have.

05/24/2018 07:07 AM

miker

Originally posted by: miker You aren't seriously trying to imply that illegals don't vote are you?

This reads an awful lot like an affirmative claim that they do.

But you said you weren't going to make that claim because you had no proof.

*sigh* can you just stop. Playing this childish game of quoting a single line out of larger post and out of context of the entire conversation before hand is really beneath you.

05/24/2018 07:10 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker Despite that, I have personally been called a xenophobe and a racist dozens of times online simply because I believe our borders should be secure and that illegals committing crimes should be deported.

Damn near everybody thinks that illegals that are committing crimes should be deported.

You get called a racist/xenophobe because you over-emphasize the crime rate among the illegal immigrants as if the broad group poses some sort of mortal threat.

05/24/2018 07:11 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker is really beneath you.

Well nothing is beneath you so...

05/24/2018 07:15 AM

miker

That doesn't tell me much about his level of racism. There's a very racist pecking order in some circles south of the border.

Sure why not, the fact that he is Mexican and has White people telling him he is racist because he wants to secure the border with Mexico doesn't tell you much directly about whether or not he is racist towards other Mexicans. Of course you are ignoring everything else I posted ...as well as a good bit of common sense.

Has he or have you read the requirements for the Naturalization Test? Doesn't seem you have.

Consider this for a moment:

1. There are some people on the left that want to remove the language requirement for citizenship

2. My personal view point these days, as opposed to his, is that I don't care one way or another as this country is going to be mostly hispanic 50 years from now and we all might as well be bilingual.

Does that help you understand why I may have posted what I did?

05/24/2018 07:16 AM

miker

You get called a racist/xenophobe because you over-emphasize the crime rate among the illegal immigrants as if the broad group poses some sort of mortal threat.

No I don't. I use statistics from legitimate sources unlike some people here that like to use fake news and breitbart nonsense.

Maybe try rewording that.
 05/24/2018 07:18 AM

miker

Originally posted by: miker is really beneath you.

Well nothing is beneath you so...

*Sigh* ok dude, whatever. Let me know when you want to stop playing stupid games and have a conversation.
 05/24/2018 07:28 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I've altered my original post, since Clapper didn't exactly say that votes were altered, and I also misinterpreted Woodruff's comment.

You're to be taken out back and pummeled!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/24/2018 07:32 AM

miker

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

You're to be taken out back and pummeled!

Yes, mistakes are not to be tolerated. No humans allowed.
 05/24/2018 07:36 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Especially by flaming libs like him.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/24/2018 07:42 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker [ He even thinks everyone should learn English as a requirement for citizenship.

In case you are too slow to get it from my previous post; English proficiency is on the Naturalization Test unless a waiver is granted.

Everyone I know that is a naturalized citizen learned English for the test; that list include Germans, Ukrainians, Russians, Polish, Mexican, and Columbian.

I've seen legal immigrants go both ways on the issue of illegals in general. I've seen some that say "I had to go through hell to become a citizen and so should everybody else". I've seen some say "The process is arbitrary and bordering on capricious and should be streamlined so that people that want the opportunity can go after it".

The "they never learn English" canard hints at racism. That argument has been thrown at every derided immigrant population that has ever flooded in. Back in the "Ellis Island" days legal immigration looked a lot like what has crossed our southern border in the last few decades. There were isolated insular communities where the old language remained. But even in the most conservative the kids and grandkids pretty much always assimiliated.

Hell, the conservaitve luminary Tomi Lahren rants about immigration, not just illegal but in favor of very limited merit based immigration. Her ancestors were German and Norwegian at a time when the immigrants from those countries weren't "vetted" for shit. Oh but she argues that they came here legally. They came when the border was wide open. The crop we got from Norway in particular were castaways, litterally the poor tired huddled masses.

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .