Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Here we go again
Topic Summary: Activer shooter TX school
Created On: 05/18/2018 06:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2018 01:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

So now y'all are going to try to get shotguns and revolvers banned????

Yeah!

Idiots!

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/18/2018 03:17 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Fish Blower is a swine among pigs.
A wimpy little pig sheriff deputy, with a gun: cowered outside the parkland school, did nothing. And gets an 8500$ a month pension.
Anybody read the miami herald interview with nikolas cruz's brother? The kid gave so many warning signs. And the lazy police types did nothing, allowed it to happen.
Why? Intimidated by the current traitorous, russian supported nra! And our current pro cop, pro gun rights culture!
So: if profoundly obvious mental health issues cant stop a well known kook ass underage nut case like cruz from buying, and owning a deadly weapon:
what can be done to counter this gun lobby mayhem and madness in america?
Hey hysteria girl chumpfdirt bot trolling traitor Mullet Spanker: just shut the fuck up

It's a democratic hoax
 05/18/2018 05:52 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Why bother with another discussion, Trump was bought off directly by the NRA and Republicans are two pussified to stand on their own two feet.

Let's change the make up of congress, then take back the White House. It's the only way.

I was right.
 05/18/2018 06:29 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer So now y'all are going to try to get shotguns and revolvers banned???? Yeah! Idiots!

No.

But registration and changes in liability laws regarding the transfer of arms should be changed. 

In other words, when you own a gun you should be responsible for what that gun does even when not in your hands. You are responsible for securing it and transfers should be documented and track-able. Won't stop everything but the careless free-for-all that we have isn't working.

05/18/2018 06:42 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

At what point do we start going after root cause instead of only blaming the tool they choose to use?

17 year old shooter was bullied and picked on for the way he dressed. He didn't shoot the students he liked or that were nice to him. He wanted to kill himself as well.

Yet here we are again, refusing to talk about mental health.

05/18/2018 07:20 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: miker

At what point do we start going after root cause instead of only blaming the tool they choose to use?

17 year old shooter was bullied and picked on for the way he dressed. He didn't shoot the students he liked or that were nice to him. He wanted to kill himself as well.

There is no cure for mental illness. But if you're a danger to yourself or others in Florida you are disarmed, and they take away your belt and shoelaces.

That's because when you can't fix the motive, you remove the lethal weapons.

Your willful ignorance on the subject is tiresome, because you rave about mental illness with no plan whatsoever to manage it or prevent the mentally ill from being armed.

You can't prevent mental illness, but you can keep the deadliest of weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill with regulations and restrictions.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 05/18/2018 at 08:49 PM by RustyTruck
 05/18/2018 07:36 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

i think
arming up
in response to this
makes it happen more.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/18/2018 07:38 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Refusing to talk about just mental health.
Willing to talk about the mix of mental health issues and guns (don't mix them children)

Another root cause was the presence and availability of these guns in his home.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 05/18/2018 at 08:05 PM by WG
 05/19/2018 07:51 AM

miker

Willful ignorance Rusty, really? For fuck sakes, knock the pointless nonsense off. Your discussion has gone way downhill lately. At least post something accurate about me if you are going to go down that route, it plays better. Besides, you know damn well I am for meaningful gun laws that actually have a chance of making an impact. Why you decided to go full retard with your response.... who knows.

Your response to a shooting that had nothing to do with AR style weapons was to regurgitate your same old mantra about going after them. Yeah lot of good that does. There are good ideas that have been mentioned by people on these boards that might actually have meaningful impact. That is where the focus should be rather than pointless nonsense that won't do anything more than make people feel better. Regardless of what is done regarding gun laws.... WE STILL NEED TO ADDRESS ROOT CAUSE.

It is not a this or that issue Rusty. Stop making it into one.
 05/19/2018 07:54 AM

miker

Oh and Rusty ...you also know damn well I am for keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, even seizing them if need be. I mean we have discussed it enough. Well I mean, unless age is catching up to you and your memory went to shit, you "should" know that. So unless the Alzheimer's is getting you, I am not sure why you would make that post in my direction.
 05/19/2018 07:56 AM

miker

Originally posted by: WG

Refusing to talk about just mental health.

Willing to talk about the mix of mental health issues and guns (don't mix them children)

Another root cause was the presence and availability of these guns in his home.

Another bullied suicidal kid shoots up a school. We need to do more than JUST going after gun laws. It simply isn't enough.
 05/19/2018 08:41 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: Fish Killer So now y'all are going to try to get shotguns and revolvers banned???? Yeah! Idiots!

No.

But registration and changes in liability laws regarding the transfer of arms should be changed. 

In other words, when you own a gun you should be responsible for what that gun does even when not in your hands. You are responsible for securing it and transfers should be documented and track-able. Won't stop everything but the careless free-for-all that we have isn't working.

Why exactly should transfers be trackable?

You're out of your mind!

The thing that isnt working is Joe Bidens GUN FREE ZONES!

You really should look and address what IS THE PROBLEM before you attack what is not!

IDIOT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/19/2018 10:36 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

IMO most pro gun folks are pro bully.

via GIPHY

However, I guess we are all wrong. It's not a gun problem. It's not a bully problem. It's not a mental health problem. It's a door problem.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/05/19/texas-official-says-that-fewer-doors-could-mean-fewer-school-shootings-we-had-experts-weigh-in/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8b33f740ca8d

SMH

05/19/2018 11:25 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

sensible is three pronged approach

a. guns regulations that will help. agree with miker that we need more than feel good laws

b. improve mental health diagnosis and treatment as well as end school bullying

c. doors that lock down and can be centrally controlled, ballistic glass where needed, sro in every school, and unified communication network paid for by additional school tax levied on parents with children in public schools

05/19/2018 11:32 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

People have been bullied since time eternal, they didn't start shooting other kids until recently.

Are the bullied mentally ill?

I was right.
 05/19/2018 12:11 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RiddleMe sensible is three pronged approach

a. guns regulations that will help. agree with miker that we need more than feel good laws

b. improve mental health diagnosis and treatment as well as end school bullying

c. doors that lock down and can be centrally controlled, ballistic glass where needed, sro in every school, and unified communication network paid for by additional school tax levied on parents with children in public schools

I love the lock down ballistic glass doors idea. Meanwhile teachers are making sweatshop pay.
 05/19/2018 12:13 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Looks like in this case daddy didn't have an AR at home. Maybe 9 kids got to go home today because of that.

...that pretty much says it all right there.

It's time to save lives instead of splitting hairs

When America was "great"
 05/19/2018 02:11 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Oh and Rusty ...you also know damn well I am for keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, even seizing them if need be. I mean we have discussed it enough. Well I mean, unless age is catching up to you and your memory went to shit, you "should" know that. So unless the Alzheimer's is getting you, I am not sure why you would make that post in my direction.

You triggered bro?

I'm still waiting to hear your plan to address "the root cause" of mental illness.

In the mean time, unless you think the USA has more mentally ill people than other countries, the obvious difference is the proliferation of unregulated firearms.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/19/2018 02:18 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

cole you get aggressive with everyone who has a different thoughts why?

why do you think more kids shoot up schools now than 30 years ago? there were guns then too and bullies. 

05/19/2018 02:50 PM

HAPDigital

The real question should be why is this happening here in such numbers. Places with 4 times the population of the USA do not have these kinds of stats. They have plenty more mentally ill too. Makes you wonder. Hmmm....
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Here we go again

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .