Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Here we go again
Topic Summary: Activer shooter TX school
Created On: 05/18/2018 06:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2018 06:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Check your go to news source.

-------------------------
QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/18/2018 07:41 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

There must be some mistake, can't happen in the most rootin-tootin-shootinist state in the confederacy!

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/18/2018 08:05 AM

wtf

At least 8 people will not be going home to their families simply for attending school.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/18/2018 08:55 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

not trolling but sometimes these shooting do make me want to say eff it take up arms, always be strapped with a vest, a piece, a side piece, and a shoe gun. this shit sucks

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/18/2018 08:57 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It does pandaroo.  

05/18/2018 09:03 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I have a CCW, but don't actually ever carry. I am however thinking about investing in this company....

Inside America's Growing Bulletproof Clothing Industry

racked

It's effing crazy out there.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/18/2018 09:38 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

This crossed my mind this morning, as I was dropping off my kids, you never know if it will be the last time you see them. I can't even begin to imagine the pain these families must shoulder for the rest of their lives.

The "well regulated militia" needs to be f'n regulated.
 05/18/2018 11:33 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

You can thank Joe Biden for inventing your bullshit no gun zones that allow this to happen again and again and again!

JOE BIDEN!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/18/2018 11:45 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Keep it classy FK

I hate seeing these happen over and over.

Im with 3rdworld..

When America was "great"
 05/18/2018 11:48 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Thoughts and prayers.

Now let's do nothing.

I was right.
 05/18/2018 12:03 PM

RustyTruck

Strict federal restrictions on auto-loading center fire rifles with high capacity or detachable magazines is what I've been calling for, along with universal background checks.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

05/18/2018 12:17 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Strict federal restrictions on auto-loading center fire rifles with high capacity or detachable magazines is what I've been calling for, along with universal background checks.

Cool. Would have done nothing to stop this shooting. Shooter took guns from his dad, who had purchased them legally. The guns were a .38 and a shotgun. Shooter said he wanted to commit suicide as well but lost courage in the end.

By all means though, let's keep blaming the tool instead of the person using it and the reasons that drove them to it. Let's keep up the mantra that mental health has nothing to do with it.
 05/18/2018 12:27 PM

wtf

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

You can thank Joe Biden for inventing your bullshit no gun zones that allow this to happen again and again and again!

JOE BIDEN!

There was someone there with a gun. This is all on the NRA and its Pro-Slaughter agenda.

Fuck off...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/18/2018 12:36 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: miker

Cool. Would have done nothing to stop this shooting. Shooter took guns from his dad, who had purchased them legally. The guns were a .38 and a shotgun. Shooter said he wanted to commit suicide as well but lost courage in the end.

By all means though, let's keep blaming the tool instead of the person using it and the reasons that drove them to it. Let's keep up the mantra that mental health has nothing to do with it.

Prevent? No. Mitigate? Let's see here. Shotgun and handgun stolen from Dad- 8 dead in Texas. AR-15 purchased legally over the counter- 17 dead at Parkland.

Looks like in this case daddy didn't have an AR at home. Maybe 9 kids got to go home today because of that.

But by all means let's keep pretending that the efficiency of the tool has nothing to do with the amount of murderous work done.

What if the kid had a muzzle loader like the authors of the 2nd Amendment?

Let's stand around again and say "there's nothing that can be done" here in the ONLY COUNTRY THIS HAPPENS.

05/18/2018 12:44 PM

miker

You confuse wanting to solve the actual problem with wanting to do nothing. Typical.

Yeah your point that less kids died as compared to an AR style rifle is correct. So.... kids still died and will continue to die until something with meaningful impact actually happens. Disarming the country in entirety will never happen, so maybe going after the actual cause for a change might be helpful.
 05/18/2018 12:45 PM

stokedpanda

one interesting (pro gun)devils advocate thought I had was regarding a classic "mexican standoff".

If everyone had guns at least there would be a chance for a mexican standoff vs a slaughter.....

I agree with RT though, if he had a semi auto high cap rifle there may have been zero survivors..

05/18/2018 12:45 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

National Gun Registry

Universal Background Checks

Mental Health Evaluation

Permits required to own a gun, and

No More ??ing high powered, high capacity, semi-auto rifles!!

(5 year mandatory minimum, 1st offense)

Should've happened 25 years ago. Enough!
 05/18/2018 12:47 PM

miker

And your comment about muzzle loaders is stupid. The tools would switch to homemade bombs, cars during bus loading, poison, etc. ban those too and the mentally ill with murderous intent will come up with something else. But by all means though, keep patting yourself on the back because 8 kids got killed instead of 16. Me... I prefer zero kids get killed.
 05/18/2018 12:50 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

one interesting (pro gun)devils advocate thought I had was regarding a classic "mexican standoff".

If everyone had guns at least there would be a chance for a mexican standoff vs a slaughter.....

I agree with RT though, if he had a semi auto high cap rifle there may have been zero survivors..

If everyone had guns many innocents would die in the crossfire, and you may very well have good samaritans shooting each other because in the heat of the moment they can't figure out who the bad guy is.

Ban high cap mags and restrict the hell of the rifles I mentioned, combine with SROs in every school, and we can reduce mortality in these attacks.

05/18/2018 01:24 PM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

If everyone had guns many innocents would die in the crossfire, and you may very well have good samaritans shooting each other because in the heat of the moment they can't figure out who the bad guy is.

Ban high cap mags and restrict the hell of the rifles I mentioned, combine with SROs in every school, and we can reduce mortality in these attacks.

Agree, I think also camera and audio equipment should be updated and would do a lot of good in terms of locating, and subduing the shooter and also allowing advice to be given to get the innocents to safety.

Locking doors could be used effectively with good surveillance, it will take a lot of $$ but I think well worth it.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Here we go again

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .