Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Russian sanctions on hold?
Topic Summary: Please explain how this is not the product of blackmail.
Created On: 04/17/2018 06:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/17/2018 06:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry...d5e5c4e4b016a07ea08cbf

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/17/2018 06:32 AM

Greensleeves

It's a puzzler... Maybe the commie loving righties can explain?
 04/17/2018 06:34 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

darn it, does this mean we don't get to see the pee pee tapes?
 04/17/2018 08:13 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

gee whiz boys, don't worry about that, its just the Rooskies.

At this point all the bitcoin and moaning just aint gonna stop Trump from doing what his dictating ass wants to do.

All the repugs are bailing and the ones left only care about their own sorry ass careers.

Got to wait until one of the investigations gets to Wilbur. Money laundering, shell game corporations and the like.

When this shit goes down its going to be atomic.

Hey Stormy is coming on the View right now!!!!

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/17/2018 09:32 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Backhand @ Nikki.
Her southernfried pragmatism overwhelms camowearers.

Sanctions Flap Erupts Into Open Conflict Between Haley and White House

NYT

WASHINGTON - President Trump was watching television on Sunday when he saw Nikki R. Haley, his ambassador to the United Nations, announce that he would impose fresh sanctions on Russia. The president grew angry, according to an official informed about the moment. As far as he was concerned, he had decided no such thing.

It was not the first time Mr. Trump has yelled at the television over something he saw Ms. Haley saying. This time, however, the divergence has spilled into public in a remarkable display of discord that stems not just from competing views of Russia but from larger questions of political ambition, jealousy, resentment and loyalty...

Edited: 04/17/2018 at 09:51 PM by follydude
 04/18/2018 08:56 AM

johnnyboy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...64aabe4b016a07ea1572c

Turns out Nikki Haley does not get confused. There is literally no good reason not to impose sanctions but Trump just wont. He's going to have to pick a fight with his U.N. Ambassador and she is looking like the future of her party now more than ever if she continues in not confused state.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/08/2018 07:19 PM

johnnyboy

In the latest installment of how the hell could you explain this, or agree with it:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry...aed83e4b09d7a3d726414

He's compromised. Fact.

06/08/2018 07:25 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Of course he is, and his plan is to hide behind chaos.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/08/2018 07:41 PM

johnnyboy

His plan is to create chaos and hide behind it

06/08/2018 07:49 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Winner

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/09/2018 12:21 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

As i've been saying since last year, chumpf has been laundering money for the russian mafia since the 90's in south florida, through his crooked real estate scams.
Putin sponsors, and is part and parcel of, the same gangster organizations that arose with the fall of the soviet union.
They found found the perfect, corrupt and traitorous dupe in "the donald". To wash the billions they looted from their homeland. And find residence and shelter in his chumpf towers in sunny isles, miami beach. Aka, now, known as "little moscow".
The stupid apprentice show was sponsored and bankrolled by them, as they bailed the clueless, failed little "business man" out of what, his eighth bankruptcy? And made him putin's little puppet.
Damn, you chumpfdirts are dumb....

It's a democratic hoax
 06/09/2018 01:13 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Who knows why he won’t. Maybe it’s what nuko suggests, maybe he needs their influence on North Korea and China and is well, playing politics.

But damn, the huff post, cited multiple times? And you accuse people of living in a “Fox bubble?”

If you really want to form your own opinion, stop relying on “News” from a heavily biased site, with articles riddled with double speak. Otherwise, once again, you’re being a hypocritical and doing the exact thing you accuse others of doing.

”A guy who was watching TV with Trump said....”   Really, guys? Really?

06/09/2018 06:27 AM

johnnyboy

I think the huffpost multiple times is legitimate criticism on the surface. The article is an opinion piece about how trump and Putin's alleged partnership. The fact is that trump had made enemies of most of our oldest and best allies and then offered russia, the country that invaded the Crimea and killed ten thousand people, shot down a civilian airliner for no reason, disrupted all the elections don the Ukraine and the US, developed troll farms and hacked into our political parties and disseminated the information strategically. There has never been an apology or acknowledgement by Russia but somehow, as the Russians gear up for the next round, our president inexplicably wants to forgive and forget and bring them back. Nobody else agrees or even understands the decision or rationale for this generosity. The logical inference is that trump is bought. He's doing it for putin not us.

06/09/2018 07:09 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I think the huffpost multiple times is legitimate criticism on the surface. The article is an opinion piece about how trump and Putin's alleged partnership. The fact is that trump had made enemies of most of our oldest and best allies and then offered russia, the country that invaded the Crimea and killed ten thousand people, shot down a civilian airliner for no reason, disrupted all the elections don the Ukraine and the US, developed troll farms and hacked into our political parties and disseminated the information strategically. There has never been an apology or acknowledgement by Russia but somehow, as the Russians gear up for the next round, our president inexplicably wants to forgive and forget and bring them back. Nobody else agrees or even understands the decision or rationale for this generosity. The logical inference is that trump is bought. He's doing it for putin not us.

Thats all fair, Johnnyboy. But realize you are exhibiting selective outrage at Russia, and giving a free pass to Iran. The converse can be said with Rebulicans, except Iran has openly admitted to wanting us destroyed, and is guilty of financing terrorist organizations hell bent on doing so

Personally, I haven’t come to a conclusion on the Trump/Russia thing. I don’t think Russia got Trump elected, and I have yet to see evidence of collusion, much less understand what the “collusion” is for. I also remember their being a “reset button” pushed that was meet with a bunch of fan-fare, but now some reason that notion is chastised. There is a lot to read between the lines on both the accusations and the actions. Still trying to figure it out.

06/09/2018 07:44 AM

follydude

European nations reject Trump's call to readmit Russia to G7

http://www.dw.com/en/european-...ussia-to-g7/a-44121851

German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas told the daily Süddeutsche Zeitung that nothing US President Donald Trump is doing will "make the world better, safer or more peaceful."

Russia shoots down a commercial airliner, invades Crimea, creates havoc in the Ukraine, but are ok.

F that.

06/09/2018 08:32 AM

3rdworldlover

Don't forget the public assassinations of journalists, critics, and their ambassadors, well into double digits in just the last year and a half alone.

Also, Russia is backing Iran, Assad and the Taliban, while destabilizing NATO.

Finally, Russia's economy is smaller than California's, smaller than Brazil's, so why the F does Trump want them in the G7? Because he has no choice. Blackmailed, on multiple fronts
 06/09/2018 09:14 AM

obx2

I’m not disagreeing with any of that, and also agree there is something behind this move. Obviously whatever it is, it’s political. I don’t know if its for the best interest of Trump, Russia, or us. 

Like I said, we were being prepped at one time for a “reset button”. And, there was also the hot mic incident with Obama, and remember when Romney was scoffed at for mention Russia as a threat? This leads me to think our government was working with them before Trump took office.

Now that narrative changed, why?

either the media is using this to create a false narrative, to future stoke the hatred, capatilizing on the fact we need Russia for something.

Trump is legitimately in their pocket

or something else that we’ll probably never be allowed to know

I lean towards the first one, but am aware of my bias, which is why I’m waiting for some concrete evidence/actions before I pass judgment. The day Russia “wins” something at our expense, then I’ll know who Trump is really loyal too. So far I have not seen anything to that nature.

06/09/2018 09:19 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

This is the product of blackmail. Your glorious patriotic herr chumpf has aided and abetted russians for at least twenty years. Collusion, conspiracy, obstruction, treason in its most blatant form.
The siberian candidate.

Oh, wait, here it comes! Right on cue, waaiiit foor it:
yahbut clinton, yahbut obama.....

It's a democratic hoax
 06/09/2018 09:26 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: nukeh2o This is the product of blackmail. Your glorious patriotic herr chumpf has aided and abetted russians for at least twenty years. Collusion, conspiracy, obstruction, treason in its most blatant form. The siberian candidate. Oh, wait, here it comes! Right on cue, waaiiit foor it: yahbut clinton, yahbut obama.....

No, none of that. What has Russia gained at our expense because of Trump, to make you think he’s being blackmailed? Especially when we were working them not to long ago?

06/09/2018 09:42 AM

Cosmicviking

Joined Forum: 08/17/2013

Lol, echo chamber circle jerk!

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .