Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: pie chart
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/11/2018 11:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/15/2018 09:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: miker
Originally posted by: Cole So the ratio per 100,000 is higher in Orlando, which sits in a state that has some of the most lax gun laws in the US. This pretty much shoots the whole 'more guns will solve the problem' idea in the foot.
You clearly didn't double check your information. First of all, the murder rate wasn't for the city of Orlando, it was for Orange County. Orange County had a 2016 population of 1,314,367 people (census.gov), not 200,000.
The 49 people killed in Orlando's Pulse nightclub June 12 when a gunman opened fire near closing time drew grief from around the world. [B]Orange County saw 116 additional homicides this year, for a total of 165, up from 103 in 2015. Twelve of them were teenagers. - source Orlando Sentinel
Orange County: 1,300,000 (rounding down) Murder Rate: 12.69 Murder Rate: 8.92 less Pulse Terror Attack Chicago: 2,700,000 Murder Rate: 24.59 So Cole, that pretty much shoots a hole in your statement. The murder rate in tightly gun controlled Chicago is double that of Orange County INCLUDING a terror attack that killed 49 people. If you exclude the terror attack, the murder rate of tightly gun controlled Chicago is nearly TRIPLE that of Orange County.

Ok, let me get this striaght, based off of facts, Chicago has a higher murder rate then Orlando. One could extrapolate that the strict gun control in Chicago does nothing to curtail their murder rate. But no, the liberal counter is that the reason the strict laws don't work, is because the can go to Indiana and get them (they are completley deaf to the fact they just admitted that laws don't work on criminamls, but I digress).

Well, people in Orlando don't have to go anywhere, they are legally allowed to carry firearms. (Well, shall I say its easier for them to get firearms.) So, the liberals are saying the gun control laws aren't working in Chicago because of Indiana, then why wouldn't we see more murders in a city where the residents can get guns...easily? Could it be.......its not the gun?????

03/15/2018 10:30 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Obie makes a case for strict national gun laws....

Amazing how people can argue that we can't do anything about something that only happens in the USA.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/15/2018 10:47 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

One glaring mistake in this thread is assuming all murders are done by firearm. You need rate of firearm homicides/100k (should be available at CDC).

Btw, St. Louis and Baltimore have murder rates 2x Chicago. Just saying...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 03/15/2018 10:56 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

u spelt pie-hole rong

03/15/2018 11:01 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Yeah it was purposefully silly. Honestly the SCOTUS should defer to what our best science tells us instead of personal opinion.Science? That thing silly Liberals use when they talk about climate change?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 03/15/2018 11:05 AM

all3

Originally posted by: all3
Originally posted by: emmcey
Originally posted by: all3 I am a Liberal because I believe ALL people are created equal and have the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

you forgot to add, except unborn or partially born babies...
Right! I only include people, not a part of a women's body

Is a viable child with a functioning brain part of a woman's body or a separate human being? If a child with a functioning brain is born prematurely, is it still part of the woman's body until it's due date... then it automagically becomes its own being? Why are murders of pregnant women often charge with the death of the child as well? If a child is part of a woman's body, shouldn't it still be part of the woman's body even once removed? If you cut off your arm, it is still YOUR arm even though it has been removed. Couldn't a woman then theoreticaly abort her child at any age?
A couple of good questions and a silly one. I'll let the SCOTUS decide

Yeah it was purposefully silly. Honestly the SCOTUS should defer to what our best science tells us instead of personal opinion.
Science? That thing silly Liberals use to claim the climate is changing? Science even claims that it took the world millions of years to be created instead of 6 days. That science?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 03/15/2018 11:33 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Science? That thing anyone that isn't a moron uses to claim the climate is changing? Science even claims that it took the world millions of years to be created instead of 6 days. That science?

Yes that science. I also fixed part of that for you.
 03/15/2018 11:56 AM

all3

nice, I like science

03/16/2018 10:48 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Obie makes a case for strict national gun laws.... Amazing how people can argue that we can't do anything about something that only happens in the USA.

Your partisan, liberal, commie colored glasses only allow you to see what you want. If you had an ounce of reading comprehension, you would understand that I have just proved that strict gun laws will only lead to increase in Murder. I have also discredited the counter argument of "The only reason gun control doesn't work in Chicago is because of Indiana" That is a double-down dose of libtardism in that you just admitted that criminals will still be criminals instead of laws. And, if there were any fact to that counter-argument, then logic would say that areas where guns are more accessible, should have a higher gun-homicide rate. But they don't. Care to try and explain that?

Still waiting for you to give up your firearms, Rusty. In fact, your lack of logic is making me think I should report you to the authorities as "mentaly ill" with signs of delushion and I don't feel safe with you being armed. If you get a knock on your door, please surrender your firearms without incident for sake of public safety.

03/16/2018 11:22 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: obx2
\"The only reason gun control doesn't work in Chicago is because of Indiana" That is a double-down dose of libtardism in that you just admitted that criminals will still be criminals instead of laws.

Well we don't have a wall around the country either. So if we are going to blame Chicago on Indiana......

03/16/2018 12:35 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Not just Indiana.
The rest of the country.
Indiana is just the closest.

That obx doesn't get the basic truth of that argument, the one that renders his Chicago anecdotes mute is evidence of weak logic.
Going off on the criminals will be criminals tangent (yes 1+1=2 we all know that) is also a dead end.
Strict gun control works to reduce gun crime. we know that.
Not gonna happen here, so pointless maybe, but still the truth

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : pie chart

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .