Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Spreading fakes news
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/15/2018 10:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/16/2018 08:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: miker

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

PBS, WAPO, NYT all deliver quality journalism.

I can mostly agree with that.

Not required.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/16/2018 08:48 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: miker Can't help yourself can you Hap? It is not unfounded at all unless you seek out lesser known sources for news. Even local news is suspect now because they have been getting bought up left and right and forced to run content and bias pieces. I posted a link a while back where John Oliver discussed the issue occurring with local media. I suppose it was inevitable that it would eventually make its way there from major media. You best and safest bet in today's world is to get your news from multiple sources, including at least one from outside of this country.
Like I said, you cannot prove this. This is speculation and opinion, not a fact. The exact thing you are criticizing, you're perpetuating.
Ok, go back under your rock and refuse to open your eyes. Not my problem,if you wish to remain willfully ignorant.
So this is the fact that supports your statement that real journalists are a minority? "It's true because you're just being blind to the "facts" I choose not to state." "Your dumb, I'm not. That's why it is true." Right....
Right.... The only opinion valid for anyone to have is Haps
But your opinion is not valid. Your making an unfounded claim and saying it is true. Meanwhile your calling anyone that thinks otherwise is ignorant yet your not providing supporting evidence, just insulting those that do not support your invalid claims.
 02/16/2018 09:07 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Fox is more entertainment than news, though a lot of their headlines are accurate.

You painted the picture that the days of reliable news are over. That's simply not the case.

I was right.
 02/16/2018 11:10 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

But your opinion is not valid. Your making an unfounded claim and saying it is true. Meanwhile your calling anyone that thinks otherwise is ignorant yet your not providing supporting evidence, just insulting those that do not support your invalid claims.

Except my opinion is valid and well founded. So you are wrong and just trolling again.
 02/16/2018 11:25 AM

miker

Originally posted by: Cole

Fox is more entertainment than news, though a lot of their headlines are accurate.

You painted the picture that the days of reliable news are over. That's simply not the case.

Really?

We have blatant fake news from the right. Some so laughably so that it is beyond comprehension how anyone can believe it... yet they do.

Was this statement false? I mean you and every other liberal on this board points it out nonstop.

Meanwhile we have the left that presents stories with severe bias towards agenda often in an insidious, but none the less extremely effective way. Sometimes they create news out of nothing to devastating effect.

Maybe we have different opinions on this because you are a liberal and I am a moderate. I am not looking at left media sources through rose tinted glasses. I am sure you hold liberal media sources to such high regard that you completely ignore incidences of things like race baiting or presenting things in such a manner to further liberal agenda.

You will note that I did not accuse most liberal media sources for blatantly creating fake news like I did the right, but many certainly bend the truth when the opportunity presents itself.

Again, everything I said there was accurate.

We have both sides sensationalizing issues to generate viewership and clicks.

Do you deny this? I thought this was common knowledge by now. So much so that it regularly and routinely presents itself in pop culture. Look at the John Oliver piece that I mentioned before. I mean he is a fellow progressive after all.

Journalistic integrity is gone

This was the only part of what I said that was completely an opinion. I based that opinion on blatant fake news everywhere, strongly biased news example everywhere, out of context news, the fact that news agencies are primarily profit machines, and the fact that even local news stations are being bought by larger entities and forced to run stories.

Sure, you may have a different opinion than me and I obviously did not mean EVERY news agency and journalist has no integrity.... but yeah for the most part it appears dead to me.
 02/16/2018 11:26 AM

miker

Not required.

Neither was your response.
 02/16/2018 11:26 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: HAPDigital But your opinion is not valid. Your making an unfounded claim and saying it is true. Meanwhile your calling anyone that thinks otherwise is ignorant yet your not providing supporting evidence, just insulting those that do not support your invalid claims.
Except my opinion is valid and well founded. So you are wrong and just trolling again.
Where is the proof that backs your claim? Show me something that statically shows a majority of journalists are fake or promote lies or non factual stories. You have not and you cannot. By all definitions your claim is fake news. I'm not trolling. So far you've shown nothing at all to prove your claim, just called me ignorant and a troll. I am pointing out the truth. You just don't like it. You continue to perpetuate false claims and you are bashing me while in doing so. Sounds a lot like what a little orange man doing.
 02/16/2018 11:35 AM

miker

Where is the proof that backs your claim? Show me something that statically shows a majority of journalists are fake or promote lies or non factual stories. You have not and you cannot. By all definitions your claim is fake news. I'm not trolling. So far you've shown nothing at all to prove your claim, just called me ignorant and a troll. I am pointing out the truth. You just don't like it. You continue to perpetuate false claims and you are bashing me while in doing so. Sounds a lot like what a little orange man doing.

See my response to Cole above and fuck off.

Speaking of resembling the orange douche in office. Neither of you are man enough to ever admit when you are wrong, both of you always have to have the last word, and you both have an intimate relationship with narcissism. You sure you didnt vote for him?
 02/16/2018 11:44 AM

Cole

Even local news is suspect now because they have been getting bought up left and right and forced to run content and bias pieces.

It is not unfounded at all unless you seek out lesser known sources for news.

I just go by your own words. How you don't see this as a blanket statement is beyond reason.

I was right.
 02/16/2018 11:49 AM

RustyTruck

Not required.

Uh, you responded to me chump. You're really acting like a little bitch today mike.

Maybe the gun stuff is getting to you.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

02/16/2018 11:50 AM

miker

Even local news is suspect now because they have been getting bought up left and right and forced to run content and bias pieces.

I just go by your own words. How you don't see this as a blanket statement is beyond reason.

Cole, are they getting bought up or not? Are they being forced to run content and biased pieces or not? Did I say they ALL were bought up? No.

02/16/2018 11:51 AM

miker

Not required.

Uh, you responded to me chump. You're really acting like a little bitch today mike.

And the first post in this chain quote was a response to what I wrote.

Stop being a cunt.
 02/16/2018 11:54 AM

johnnyboy

http://www.npr.org/sections/th...nts-sow-discord-online

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/16/2018 11:57 AM

RustyTruck

Not required.

And the first post in this chain quote was a response to what I wrote.

Stop being a cunt.

My post, which you responded to, was in response to Cole.

And for for the record, if you're going with a vagina insult, I prefer twat. It just sounds nastier; and cunt is so over used it has lost its shock value.

02/16/2018 11:57 AM

Cole

Yes, but you, well.... I, view the news for what it is. I hear or see the slant and ignore it, then extract the pertinent information. Most news stories contain the correct bones, the filler is where the bullshit exists.

If a guy was shot on Third, they all will say he was shot on Third. The rest of the stuff is filler.

I was right.
 02/16/2018 12:02 PM

miker

Yes, but you, well.... I, view the news for what it is. I hear or see the slant and ignore it, then extract the pertinent information. Most news stories contain the correct bones, the filler is where the bullshit exists.

If a guy was shot on Third, they all will say he was shot on Third. The rest of the stuff is filler.

Yeah, but that is you Cole. I think we can agree that there are far far too many people that are incapable of that in this country. I mean just look at how many people buy into blatantly fake shit.
 02/16/2018 12:04 PM

miker

And for for the record, if you're going with a vagina insult, I prefer twat. It just sounds nastier; and cunt is so over used it has lost its shock value.

Don't care. I thank my cousin from Australia for my liberal use of that word.
 02/16/2018 12:44 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: WG
Originally posted by: miker Journalistic integrity is gone
Not with real journalists.
Originally posted by: miker Sure, but they are a minority
Originally posted by: miker See my response to Cole above and fuck off.
You said real journalists are a minority. This is a fact.

Your statement is false, inaccurate and unfounded. You know that's a fact as well.

You've been given the chance to prove it but you just resort to name calling. You also know this is a fact.

The more you make stuff up Miker the more you are like those you criticize.

02/16/2018 01:07 PM

miker

You said real journalists are a minority. This is a fact.

Your statement is false, inaccurate and unfounded. You know that's a fact as well.

Except my statement is correct, accurate, well founded, and you are wrong yet again.

However, go ahead and make your case if you think I am wrong Hap.
 02/16/2018 01:56 PM

RustyTruck

Don't care. I thank my cousin from Australia for my liberal use of that word.

Well you're both twats, but at least he's an unarmed twat.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Spreading fakes news

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .