Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Should Trump Give North Korea A 'Bloody Nose?'
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/16/2018 07:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/16/2018 07:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Last week, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unnamed officials, that "U.S. officials are quietly debating whether it's possible to mount a limited military strike against North Korean sites without igniting an all-out war on the Korean Peninsula." The limited strike, the article says, would target a North Korean facility as punishment for one of the country's nuclear or missile tests."

""It's like an auction. You know you have some limit and you hope the other guy backs down before you reach your limit," Powell said. The currency of the bids, in this case, is how much each country is willing to risk all-out war.

"Ultimately, you'd like to convince the North Koreans that the U.S. would engage in a large war to prevent North Korea from acquiring the capability to launch nuclear attacks against the U.S.," Powell said.

(Hypothetically, there may be another low-cost way to ratchet up the pressure a little bit: Leak a bloody-nose battle plan to The Wall Street Journal.)"

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 01/16/2018 07:22 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

We take out a nuke plant, they take out Tokyo.

I was right.
 01/16/2018 08:08 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Time is running out, if it hasn't already.

If there's any hint of a diplomatic channel open between north and south, a US strike would be an act of offensive war; most likely illegal.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/16/2018 08:14 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Would it? North Korea is still in violation of the armistice last time I checked, so I am not really sure one way or the other rusty.

01/16/2018 08:22 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

we need to tunnel underground and create a giant sinkhole under their facility to collapse it.

Blame it on nuclear charged mole/groundhogs.

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 01/16/2018 08:30 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: miker

Would it? North Korea is still in violation of the armistice last time I checked, so I am not really sure one way or the other rusty.

I think the world in general, and China in particular (unless they signed off on it, which I doubt), would view it as a reckless and belligerent aggression.

I think the USA would be in a world of shit, and maybe there's some sci-fi weapons, but I don't think we have the tech to take out enough of NK's weapons to prevent a massive attack on US interests in the South.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

01/16/2018 10:23 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Wouldn't a black eye, and/or broken leg be more apropo?

01/16/2018 10:58 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

No! No! No!  What have they done to us?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 01/16/2018 11:03 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Don't think Japan and China would appreciate a direct assault that at the moment....

01/16/2018 01:12 PM

johnnyboy

A ground war in Asia with nuclear possibilities. This is a bloody nose to the people who advocate for making trump's empty threats full?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/16/2018 07:10 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

To work a sneak attack would have to take out Kim, enough loyal leadership and the nuclear weapons. And we'd have to be sure that who ever was left in control of the artlilary was sane.
I don't think it's possible.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 01/16/2018 07:25 PM

johnnyboy

We would not be greeted as liberators. That fiction has cost us hundreds of billions of dollars and untold amounts of blood. Even today, the architects of that lie do not admit their mistake, naïveté, ignorance, hubris or arrogance.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/16/2018 07:41 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

I think this "bloody nose" attack is bogus but leaked to keep Kim from nuke testing.
 01/16/2018 09:53 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Recently I have been brushing up on my Korean War history.. since "Season 2" may get released any day..

(Amazon Prime has a few good documentaries)

it was interesting to see how our troops had at one time crossed well beyond the 38th parrallel and were on their way to take Pyongyang when endless Chinese fighters showed up out of nowhere and sent them back.

This would get messy...

When America was "great"
 01/17/2018 04:56 AM

RustyTruck

Never get involved in a land war in Asia...

01/17/2018 06:55 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

we need to tunnel underground and create a giant sinkhole under their facility to collapse it.

Blame it on nuclear charged mole/groundhogs.

Hot damn! I'll second that one!

I was right.
 01/17/2018 07:27 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: miker

That might matter if the giant cheeto wasn't such a douche. He's alienated us from our allies. I'd doubt we'd get the same sympathy from the world as W did when he allowed airliners to hit the WTC blds. Matter of fact they'd all say he asked for it.
 01/17/2018 08:03 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Thought we got over that stupid ass shit 'notion' of 'nation building' a while ago -  apparently some of us are having sort term memory.

None of our allies (do we have any left?) will be 'happy' regardless of what continent or hemisphere they are in.

Surprising? Only if you are a moron with your head stuck up and sucking the faux asshole 

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 01/18/2018 07:32 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Trump couldn't beat his meat without getting a black eye and a bloody nose.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .